PDA

View Full Version : Lagrange - Giddings Updates

1st and goal
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Left the game a bit early. Listening on the radio.

6 minutes left.

36-22 Giddings on top.

1st and goal
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I heard Bellville and Columbus were tied at halftime.

1st and goal
10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Leps score, 3:54 left
29-36 Giddings

1st and goal
10-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Giddings 4th and long.....
1st down on the 14 yard line, 1:33 left..

Ball on about 5 yard line, 32 secs left,

Giddings let time run out instead of punching it in.

Game over. 36-29 Giddings.

1st and goal
10-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Buffaloes started flat. Fumbled the ball every play for the 1st 3 plays. The offense didn't make much yardage until the 2nd or 3rd possession. Leps came ready to play. They have a good passing game with some speed. Their offense mixes it up good.

Good win Buffs! Hold on to the darn ball.

buff4ever
10-24-2008, 11:25 PM
a win is a win is a win. When we were not kicking the ball around, we moved the ball pretty well all night. LG offense can move the ball and make plays. They have a couple of good receivers, but think that they lack a true spread qb that can control his passes down the field all night.

48minutes
10-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
a win is a win is a win. When we were not kicking the ball around, we moved the ball pretty well all night. LG offense can move the ball and make plays. They have a couple of good receivers, but think that they lack a true spread qb that can control his passes down the field all night.

Couldn't agree more. LG's qb made some great passes, but a few of them I had no idea who they were intended for. Buffs secondary impressed at times, but also had a few letdowns. Turned away from a few kill shots on the deep ball.

Offense did great when they held on the darn ball, why so many fumbles? I don't understand,

Congrats LG on a well played game. Good luck the rest of the way!

TRENCHES06
10-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

only one of the qbs played last night

allforball
10-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Why only one QB last night? Receivers dropped many, but yes QB was really off target 2nd half.

Buffgal
10-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Both crowds were pretty low key for this annual rivalry. Neither knew what team would emerge on the field. As Giddings came out on their first offensive possession with the same 'ole drop- the ball,- lose the ball,- find the ball, -try to make a yard stuff, Giddings side was thinking, " here we go again". Players and coaches are really really working on this but are frustrated with their lack of success in correcting these mistakes. Believe me, when I say, it is not for lack of effort or practice.

La Grange looked good, would have put alot more points on the board except for several dropped passes. Buffs covered well for the most part but I was surprised that there were not more interference calls, offensively and defensively. A lot of contact, both ways, that was ignored by the officials. Lep's passing game can get out of hand quick with big yardage completions and I was also impressed by the quickness of the LG QB #7.

Great job tonight by Mack #4. The catch for a TD in the end zone was a highlight film maker for sure. O line did a great job blocking and allowing Rimes/Plumlee to break for some long yardage. Buffs defense is continuing to improve each week. :clap:

Good luck to La Grange. Great sportsmanship by many of the Leps, saw them reaching down and helping Buff #6 up several times. All that summer baseball together, across county lines, forged some deep friendships.

All Right, BUFFS, let's get ready for a strong Smithville team and some ooky/spooky fun

Pudlugger
10-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Great game to watch as both teams fought hard until the end with the game up for grabs until the last defensive stop by the Buffs with 1:25 left. The Leps had trouble stopping the shifty and fast Giddings rb #20 and Plumley #6 was very impressive. Speed kills and Giddings was a step ahead of the Leps all night. A spectacular shoestring tackle of #6 after a 50 yard scamper saved the td until the following series.

The coaches decided to go with the lefty senior qb for this rivalry game. Henderson was impressive in his rushing and hit his receivers well but for some reason he didn't go to #4 Bunch who was open almost all night. Finally he connected in the last scoring drive and unfortunately too late.

This was a tough loss for the Leps who now must finish the season with no playoff hopes and try to salvage a win in district. I hope they do not suffer a let down as they should take heart in how they handled themselves and gave an excellent Giddings team all they wanted. Good luck next week against Columbus and get a win in district.