11-16-2002, 05:31 PM
Ballinger 27 Vs Vernon 21 F

Ranger Mom
11-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Way to go Bearcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

vet93
11-16-2002, 07:55 PM
Just got back from the game. It was a close game like everyone expected. Both teams gave great effort and played hard-nosed, clean football. It was gratifying to get the win, but we can't rest long...we have to start preparing for a very good team from Kennedale. I was able to meet Wildstangs at the game and it was good to finally put a face with the name. He was a good sport to sit on the Bearcats side with me. Sometime we need to have a 3ADownlow gathering so that we can put some names with faces! I don't think that we were quite as sharp as we were against Wylie, but I think that the close Wylie game helped both teams prepare for the playoffs. We came out a little banged up. One of our players left in an ambulance after the game. He took a hit and had some difficulty breathing. They fitted him with a c-spine collar and put him on a stretcher. Our starting tight end also left with a blow to the ribs (all clean hits).

VWG
11-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Good luck to Ballinger in the next round. I pray that the kids that were hurt are OK. You hate to see that happen in any game.
Where do you think the Ballinger-Kennedale game will be?
Just curious. How was the play of Vernon's QB?

vet93
11-16-2002, 08:16 PM
VWG...I think that Ballinger and Kennedale will be playing in Waco. Right now, I don't know the time and date. I think that the coaches were talking to the coaches from Kennedale after the game. I thought that the Vernon QB played very well. He was consistently the main threat in their offense although the Hall kid at running back to break one really long play. The qb scored a late touchdown after a ballinger turnover at about the 15 on a quarterback draw. He also had a long pass play where the db went for the ball and missed and the Vernon reciever turned up the field for a long touchdown. Vernon's scores came on long plays with the exception of the one 15 yard td after the turnover. They only had 9 firstdowns to Ballinger's 20 but those big plays are back breakers.

VWG:
Good luck to Ballinger in the next round. I pray that the kids that were hurt are OK. You hate to see that happen in any game.
Where do you think the Ballinger-Kennedale game will be?
Just curious. How was the play of Vernon's QB?

K-TOWN FOOZBALLA
11-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Vet ur write Our coaches were talking bout it being played in waco..

Gongrates to Bearcats

K-TOWN FOOZBALLA
11-16-2002, 08:42 PM
Is Ballinger a Passing or a running team?

vet93
11-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Ktown...Ballinger leans toward the run but also passes the ball 12 to 15 times per game averaging about a 100-120 yards per game.

K-TOWN FOOZBALLA:
Is Ballinger a Passing or a running team?

wildcat834
11-16-2002, 10:42 PM
wHAT ARE SOME OF THE KEY STATS FOR THE BALLINGER TEAM?? WHO ARE THE STUDS?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Just my thoughts on stopping Ballinger: Don't know...you can't key on any one of the weapons. That Posey is a good runner and he punishes whoever tackles him! The QB threw quick crisp passes. The receivers caught the balls. There was another running back that was pretty good too. I can't remember what # but he broke a couple of plays for more than 15-20 yards. Very balanced team. Very good linebackers. The Ballinger team in my opinion was the best team that Vernon has seen this year (lot better than Graham, which was our district champ). I don't know much about Kennedale but Ballinger is a quality team that was 1 point away from beating Wylie who beat up on Graham last night. Good luck to the Bearcats--class act.

The One
11-16-2002, 11:14 PM
How is Ballingers run defense? You will need to stop Kennedales rushing attack. If you can do that then you stand a good chance at beating them. They do have 3 really good backs and another that is nothing to be a shamed of.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-16-2002, 11:29 PM
They stopped Vernon's rushing game save for a couple of big plays. It seems like there LB's are the strong suit. This is a solid team that should make Kennedale a good game.

vet93
11-17-2002, 12:06 AM
Wildcat...Ballinger is not real big, quick but not fast. There leading rusher is Antonio Posey. Not particularly fast but is a tough runner. The quarterback has a pretty decent arm and does a pretty good job of taking what the defense will give. Ballinger is a typical west texas team. Hard working, not real flashy, wing T is the base offense, split is the base defense. Kids are disciplined, coaches do a good job of preperation but they are not real fast. We will have trouble with the speed and depth that Kennedale has. We are a small school that is currently running the numbers of a large 2A school. The kids will fight to the end but we don't have much depth and that hurt us against Wylie.

wildcat834:
wHAT ARE SOME OF THE KEY STATS FOR THE BALLINGER TEAM?? WHO ARE THE STUDS?

pero chato
11-17-2002, 12:22 AM
Hey Vet93, I was at the game and sat on the Ballinger side. Good to see Ballinger pull this one out. Posey looked in good form. I still would like to see #82 King get the ball thrown to him more, although he caught one for a score. He's a weapon. The defense looked good except for a few big plays. Overall I agree that Ballinger looked a little sharper against Wylie. Must be all that love on the field. I have a plan. For the Kennedale game, tell your players that they are playing Wylie again and that Wylie just ate your last Big Mac. That outta motivate them. It would be great to see Ballinger upset Kennedale and Wylie upset Everman. I think we are probably both huge underdogs. Keep that defense tight! Good luck against Kennedale!!