Go Mustangs!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-24-2008, 09:17 PM
any updates?

swstangs001
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
any updates?

i jsut have someone texting me everytime theres a score, he hasnt said anything sincce my last post

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Goodeal

Phantom Stang
10-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Sweetwater 14-7 in the 4th per gofridaynight.com.

swstangs001
10-24-2008, 09:48 PM
final

Snyder_TigerFan
10-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Game over. Sweetwater wins 14-7.

coach
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
sounded like a good game

DaHop72
10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
There is a lot that could be said, but the only one that matters:

Congratulations Sweetwater Mustangs, great second half.:clap: :clap:

shackina
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
dahop did you get pictures?

mrescape43
10-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats to the Mustangs for a tough win!

mrescape43
10-24-2008, 10:34 PM
I wonder how many Snyder fans would like to congratulate Coach Rogers on his onside and pooch kick calls?:rolleyes:

Who-dun-it!!?
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Does this mean Sweetwater and Wylie have clinched? If my math serves me, I think they are in.

Wylie 2-0
Sweetwater 2-0
Snyder 1-2
Graham 1-2
Bwood 1-2
Breck 0-3

the third spot is still up for grabs right?

By the way, Very impressive Defense tonight. Congrats Stangs!
Good luck against Wylie and Brownwood!

Stangster
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Congratulations, Sweetwater Mustangs!

DaHop72
10-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by shackina
dahop did you get pictures? I only got one, should there have been more, having a little trouble cleaning it up.

shackina
10-24-2008, 11:14 PM
i sent one more you have to remember it was taken with camera phone.... cause i broke yours

RMAC
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Does this mean Sweetwater and Wylie have clinched? If my math serves me, I think they are in.

Wylie 2-0
Sweetwater 2-0
Snyder 1-2
Graham 1-2
Bwood 1-2
Breck 0-3

Well Graham has already lost to Snyder and Sweetwater, but has yet to play Wylie and Breck. I really think this is still up in the air and could very well come down to the points-deal tie-breaker-thingy that everyone hates for the 2nd and 3rd spots. Barring an act of God, I'm pretty sure that Breck is the only mathematically team eliminated so far.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I only got one, should there have been more, having a little trouble cleaning it up.

Will you make me look prettier please?:D

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

Wylie 2-0
Sweetwater 2-0
Snyder 1-2
Graham 1-2
Bwood 1-2
Breck 0-3

Sweetwater and Wylie are 3-0.

DaHop72
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Will you make me look prettier please?:D You better believe it. :D

DaHop72
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
i sent one more you have to remember it was taken with camera phone.... cause i broke yours If you sent two, I've only received one.

shackina
10-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought he was already prettier... and I think its a great picture... hahaha

DU_stud04
10-24-2008, 11:31 PM
i was a noshow for the m&g, no idea where the stupid tiger is at....middle of the stands....yea, i wasnt getting out.

i find it funny that snyder's stands were half empty till they started moving the snyder fans from sweetwaters side back over..... people from snyder rather sit on the visitors side???? hope that bond passes, more seats would be nice.

lots of hard hitting, good defense, i really thought when sweetwater had given up the ball inside their 30 yard line for the second time, snyder was going too start running away with it. big goal line stance for the mustangs, then the pooch kick returned for a touchdown really got sweetwaters grease hot.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i was a noshow for the m&g, no idea where the stupid tiger is at....middle of the stands....yea, i wasnt getting out.

i find it funny that snyder's stands were half empty till they started moving the snyder fans from sweetwaters side back over..... people from snyder rather sit on the visitors side???? hope that bond passes, more seats would be nice.

lots of hard hitting, good defense, i really thought when sweetwater had given up the ball inside their 30 yard line for the second time, snyder was going too start running away with it. big goal line stance for the mustangs, then the pooch kick returned for a touchdown really got sweetwaters grease hot.

I didn't know where the tiger was either. I just asked two guys
wearing black and yellow. I had forgot how cramped the
bleachers are. People had to stand up to let my boney rear
through. They would have had to clear three rows for you.:D

skins4life
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
All in all it was a good defensive battle even if it turned out the wrong way for us Tiger fans!!!!!!!!!!!

DU_stud04
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
I didn't know where the tiger was either. I just asked two guys
wearing black and yellow. I had forgot how cramped the
bleachers are. People had to stand up to let my boney rear
through. They would have had to clear three rows for you.:D precisely why i stayed put. hahahaha

Ranger Mom
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I have never understood why anyone would want to sit on the visitor side at their own stadium!

skins4life
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Me either!!!!!!!!!!!

skins4life
10-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Good luck SW band tomorrow at Area!

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
Good luck SW band tomorrow at Area!

Both of ours qualified didn't they? If so good luck to ya'lls too.

garciap77
10-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Congratulations, Sweetwater Mustangs!

STANG RED
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
What I saw tonight is pretty simple to describe. Two very good defensive teams, and two pretty lack luster offensive football teams. I dont blame some of the Snyder folks for being upset at their coach. He rolls the dice too much and comes up craps. Both kickoffs were stupid and rediculous. Just play football the way its meant to be played and dont try to get too cute. If I were a Snyder fan, I'd be very upset with Rogers right now for sure. I know he's a good football coach, but I've sure seen a lot of bone head decisions he has made during games. Saw several more tonight. If Snyder had just played straight up football tonight and not tried to be cute, they probobly would have won this game. Plus they shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Stownhorse
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
What I saw tonight is pretty simple to describe. Two very good defensive teams, and two pretty lack luster offensive football teams. I dont blame some of the Snyder folks for being upset at their coach. He rolls the dice too much and comes up craps. Both kickoffs were stupid and rediculous. Just play football the way its meant to be played and dont try to get too cute. If I were a Snyder fan, I'd be very upset with Rogers right now for sure. I know he's a good football coach, but I've sure seen a lot of bone head decisions he has made during games. Saw several more tonight. If Snyder had just played straight up football tonight and not tried to be cute, they probobly would have won this game. Plus they shot themselves in the foot too many times.

I thought the same about his play calling as well, but hell, who are we to say?

Ranger Mom
10-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I thought the same about his play calling as well, but hell, who are we to say?

Its like anything...if it would have worked, he'd been a genius!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

That's life....

Go Mustangs!

JR2004
10-25-2008, 02:50 AM

HOORAH to you and your Mustangs!

ZOHAN
10-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
There is a lot that could be said, but the only one that matters:

Congratulations Sweetwater Mustangs, great second half.:clap: :clap:

Coach Jackson moved #72 from nose guard and replaced him to get more speed on the Mustang Defense, what it looked like to me.

Penalties ate the Tigers up, like DaHop said there is "A LOT" that could be said.

Snyder more less gave Sweetwater the two touchdowns, one the first one for sure then they kick another little pooch and give the Mustangs great field position.

Congrats to the Sweetwater Mustangs on a hard fought win.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ZOHAN
10-25-2008, 03:25 AM
precisely why i stayed put. hahahaha

I seen you at the first of the game but then you vanished.:eek:

Who-dun-it!!?
10-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Sweetwater and Wylie are 3-0.

yes, my bad, I guess i was in my own fanticy world and not counting there wins over Snyder:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by ZOHAN
Coach Jackson moved #72 from nose guard and replaced him to get more speed on the Mustang Defense, what it looked like to me.

Penalties ate the Tigers up, like DaHop said there is "A LOT" that could be said.

Snyder more less gave Sweetwater the two touchdowns, one the first one for sure then they kick another little pooch and give the Mustangs great field position.

Congrats to the Sweetwater Mustangs on a hard fought win.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

They moved B.J. our DT to middle LB #31 and moved Rufus MLB #24
to DE. That was our halftime adjustment to #28 Malone running
all over us.

Snyder was trying to take Rufus out of the game by running
Malone to the sideline.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

No if it would have worked they still would of lost.:devil:

ZOHAN
10-25-2008, 04:05 AM
They moved B.J. our DT to middle LB #31 and moved Rufus MLB #24
to DE. That was our halftime adjustment to #28 Malone running
all over us.

Snyder was trying to take Rufus out of the game by running
Malone to the sideline.

Yes, and the adjustments were well done.

ZOHAN
10-25-2008, 04:08 AM
All hats should be off to Snyder's QB!

He took several hard blows and kept on getting back up, Sweetwater's LB's were just getting to him almost instantly in the 2nd half.

Pretty pass on that 4th down to #12!

wildstangs
10-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Sounded like it was another classic between Sweetwater and Snyder. I was thrilled to see that the Mustangs came out on top. Its going to be tough for Snyder to get in the playoffs, but Brownwood looks to be sliding, so anything is still possible.

Lion_Addict
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Congrats to the Mustangs :thumbsup: .......looking forward to the WAR next week ;) .

Snyder_TigerFan
10-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I agree....it's one thing to do an onside kick, but it looked like someone forgot to tell the guys up front, they ran right past the ball....and the guy with the ball for that matter. To many costly mistakes in this one....and it cost us the game.

Bubba-Joe
10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I agree....it's one thing to do an onside kick, but it looked like someone forgot to tell the guys up front, they ran right past the ball....and the guy with the ball for that matter. To many costly mistakes in this one....and it cost us the game.

Whats the name of that big Johnny Cash hit????

oh yeah

CRY CRY CRY
:D :D :D

DU_stud04
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I seen you at the first of the game but then you vanished.:eek: i never moved from that spot..... one of the last to leave the stands.... are you sure you saw me?

Stownhorse
10-25-2008, 12:55 PM
All hats should be off to Snyder's QB!

He took several hard blows and kept on getting back up, Sweetwater's LB's were just getting to him almost instantly in the 2nd half.

Pretty pass on that 4th down to #12!

He just threw that up in desperation because he had a DE in his face.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I thought he was already prettier...

I think that was the Crown talking but I'll take it anyway.:inlove:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
He just threw that up in desperation because he had a DE in his face.

I have to agree. I thought it was a heckuva a job by the WR
for catching it more than the throw its self.

DaHop72
10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I seen you at the first of the game but then you vanished.:eek: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:doh: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I seen you at the first of the game but then you vanished.:eek:
You already know him after just a week on here. :thinking: uh huh

Stownhorse
10-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I have to agree. I thought it was a heckuva a job by the WR
for catching it more than the throw its self.

Yea it was a great catch. Lucky throw.

DU_stud04
10-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You already know him after just a week on here. :thinking: uh huh im kinda a big deal lhpm... people know me. :D

garciap77
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
im kinda a big deal lhpm... people know me. :D

:iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/stud_04-1.jpg

:D

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 01:13 AM
i never moved from that spot..... one of the last to leave the stands.... are you sure you saw me?

You were walking to your spot when I seen you, but yes I know it was you for sure!

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/stud_04-1.jpg

:D

This picture here is the reason I knew who he was.

GetRDoneStangs
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I know I am late posting...just now getting home from the Elks Lodge Cook Off....of yea, we took home some wood (awards) and had a blast!!

This was one of the most hard hitting game I have seen all year. Both teams where putting on the hits. Snyder QB (Tiger Baseball son) took some big hits and just came back everytime!!! Some would say the long pass he made late in the game was luck.....he had been flat ass late out just before that play and was nearly done so on that play....he made they play when he had to.

But...that was all, the Mustang D shut them down again for a very hard fought victory!

The Sweetwater crowd was AWESOME!!! They tend to be quiet and are normally kinda like "just there".. but not this time!!

I hope our D can shut down bwoods passing and set up the district title in 2 weeks back at the Bowl vs Wylie!!

WOOHOO!!

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

The Sweetwater crowd was AWESOME!!! They tend to be quiet and are normally kinda like "just there".. but not this time!!

Don't think I was doing my part to make it as loud as possible.:D

I just hope we have as good a turn out 120 miles down HWY 84
next week.

Also, I hope our team doesn't take the next two weeks off and
wait for everything else to playout to make the playoffs.
Brownwood is playing for their playoff lives and I'm sure our
kids remember last year's 55-7 score. Hopefully that will give
them some insentive to wrap it up this week.

GetRDoneStangs
10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Don't think I was doing my part to make it as loud as possible.

I just hope we have as good a turn out 120 miles down HWY 84
next week.

It was good to see the Snyder administration follownig the District rules and allowing the visiting team to their allotment of the stadiium seating. I was on the sideline and saw all the Snyder folks having to move over to the other side..but it appeared thay they handled it ok and movrd on.

Both crowds where there and loud!!!It was ALL it wad billed to be!!

#15 for Sweetwater (Cameron Studdard} played lights out...he ran the puch kick back and made several plays behind the line. He played well beyond his 150 or so pounds that he is listed at.

wildstangs
10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

#15 for Sweetwater (Cameron Studdard} played lights out...he ran the puch kick back and made several plays behind the line. He played well beyond his 150 or so pounds that he is listed at.

I was happy to see Cameron had a big game. His brother and I hung out in high school and I can remember little Cameron tagging along to go bowling with us in Abilene. Good person from a great family.

GetRDoneStangs
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I was happy to see Cameron had a big game. His brother and I hung out in high school and I can remember little Cameron tagging along to go bowling with us in Abilene. Good person from a great family.

His dad is bit shaddy...(aren't all bankers??)...but I guess his mom is alright!!:D :D I had him on the radio for post game and you are right he seems to be a real good youg man!