View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs. Wimberley- Live Updates and Webcast

duckpluck
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.mykmacsports.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=29

RKTech
10-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Liberty Hill 45
Wimberley 42

Liberty Hill comes from behind in the 4th..

Wish I could be there.. thank you KMAC

Panther One
10-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Liberty Hill 28, Wimberley 0 ... late 2nd

rundoe
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
28 7 LH

bandera7
10-24-2008, 08:57 PM
for those not listening, 35 14 LH...LH recovers kick off, scores in one play, Wimberley then one plays it right back.

11:31 left in third

bandera7
10-24-2008, 09:04 PM
TD LH, Matt McCain 54 yard TD run.

42-14

bandera7
10-24-2008, 09:05 PM
LH recovers kickoff

bandera7
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
LH throws an INT

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Please...make it stop.

rundoe
10-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Please...make it stop.

Nope!

bandera7
10-24-2008, 09:33 PM
TD Scudder run...

LH 49 Wimberley 21

bigYoe
10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
sounds like Wimberly isnt puttin up as much of a fight as they thought they would

rundoe
10-24-2008, 09:48 PM
49 21 The streak continues!!!!!

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Not even close, Yoe. Knocking their own runner down on kickoffs, throwing to empty spaces when receivers were open, two kick offs that are pooched and are recovered by LH, pass interceptions...an extremely poor showing when they had to be at their best.

Not untypical of a young team, but sheesh. We expect more. We are always proud of our team and our boys, but this is a game that they should take pause and ask themselves why this happened to this level...and dont let it happen again. Learn from it...we got schooled by a state-level championship team. We played them like we are a sub-par JV team.

I thank LH for taking their foot off the gas.

LHPfactory
10-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Great Job Panthers.......looks like we are peaking at the right time and no let off when ahead.. focus on Llano and keep it rolling i will catch up on the out of town games when the play offs come.

roughneck_2008
10-24-2008, 10:34 PM
ended up being a good game for lh they took advantage of some young mistakes. wimberley was a good team and the freshman back was good, it was nice meetin everyone at halftime too

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
You too Roughneck...I see you got home to San Marcos in good time!! Also nice to meet LHPM, LHmom, FirstCat (you brat!), Super R, TxBroadcaster,...am I missing someone?

gold_33
10-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Straight up domination! We could not stop LH on any drives until late in the game and it was out of hand at that point. Turnovers killed us and special teams geez who has been teachin our kids kickoff return cause that was absolutley horrible and down right embarassing, Wimbo you are right we looked like a sub par JV. I would really like to see the t.o.p. in this game it had to be like 42min to 6min or close to it. Hold your heads up boys and learn from the mistakes cause the season aint over and we may see these guys again.

TexanAlum_06
10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Im gonna hold my tongue as best as possible. but tonight was an embarassing display of football by wimberley. not taking anything away from LH. they are a well oiled machine. But good lord. knocking our own kick returner down on 2 kick returns by accident from the same player as he was trying to field the kick? geez. LH was pooch kicking the whole night and we dont adjust our kick return coverage for it and it cost us 2 turnovers. that was on coaching IMO. I know this team is young. but honestly I expected a better perfomance tonight. especially after having 2 weeks to prepare. I didnt see any intensity or emotion out of the group. Part of it might have been that they were intimidated.

The defense did a decent job of containing LH. We just couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. Offensively I like some of the creativity in trying to get Smith the ball but we abandoned the run to early IMO. LH had a great gameplan defensively and we had no answer. Smith didnt get the ball enough IMO. and as far as our QB's performance.... let me stop there before I say something a little harsh regarding his level of play.... Hopefully we can learn from this game and finish out district at 5-1 and head to playoffs with some momentum.

It was great to see everybody at the meet and greet!

gold_33
10-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I really think we could of made some defensive adjustments and maybe blitzed a little more to try to get in the back field. When its 3rd and 3 why have your backers back when you need to make a stop. In 04 and 05 it seemed like Biddle was in the back field makin plays all game, I know we dont have a player of his caliber but you have to give them the opportunity to. Just seemed like we were intimidated and got out coached tonight. I think that is the best o-line LH has had and thats scary with that offense.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Wimbo & roughneck, it was very nice to meet you & good to see you again, TA06. :)

Good luck the rest of the season, unless we meet again!

Oh....the "Real Men Don't Wear Purple" sign? LOL!

Purple is just a mix of red & blue. :devil:

Aesculus gilmus
10-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Purple is not the best-looking uni color, IMHO, but I wouldn't call it "unmanly." It looks a lot better than maroon to me, but that may just be the fact I grew up in a household of UT alums and am one myself.

Gilmer looks better in all black. I do not understand the preference for all white on the road. I understand the white jersey is not negotiable, but they should always don the black pants just as LH always dons the purple ones.

A superstition developed, though, in 2004. Gilmer wore all white throughout the run to the title, whether home team or not. It didn't work in last year's title game, though, obviously.

LHMom
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
I've had out of townguests so I am a little late in posting. It was nice to meet everyone at the Meet N Greet - including some LH folks I didn't know - but especially Wimbo Pro since we've chatted here for years.

Congrats on the win, Panthers!

lhpantherdad
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
...and the refs weren't even a factor in this game this time. What's up with that? ;)

I did see some creative ball spotting on behalf of the refs, but other than that, they let the boys play and were not too flag happy.

I told told my son to get out there, kick some butt, run up the score to the point that bad calls would not be a factor. That's what they did and then the Texans shot themselves in the foot several times on kickoffs. It kind of snowballed from there. I guess we were prepared for a shootout like Burnet and it never materialized.

Although we could have run up the score even more, our coaches decided to substitute and let the clock run out when the ball was on the 2 foot line. Our coaches do like to win, but they are not ones to rub it in....unless you make them mad. hehe ;)

lhpantherdad
10-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I forgot to ask any of the retailers in Wimberely; Do you accept "Liberty Who" dollars? LOL

We'd certainly accept Texan dollars over here. Unfortunately, most of our businesses roll up the carpet at sundown. So come early next year we will see what we can do to accept your "Liberty Hill Panthers - That's Who" dollars! ;)

lhpantherdad
10-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I think that is the best o-line LH has had and thats scary with that offense.

Thanks for the complement. In fact, a defensive player from Abilene Wylie told me recently: "The Liberty Hill offense just does not quit. I was hoping for a timeout or something late in the game, becauae they just wore us out!"

That's what we do. Misdirection, multiple go-to guys, a beastly O-line and conditioning to play 4 quarters. And just when you think you have our running game shut down...out comes the passing game. Ask Burnet. ;)

wimbo_pro
10-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
Thanks for the complement. In fact, a defensive player from Abilene Wylie told me recently: "The Liberty Hill offense just does not quit. I was hoping for a timeout or something late in the game, becauae they just wore us out!"

That's what we do. Misdirection, multiple go-to guys, a beastly O-line and conditioning to play 4 quarters. And just when you think you have our running game shut down...out comes the passing game. Ask Burnet. ;)

We knew that we were greatly outmatched talent wise...and our only real hope was that emotion would fire us up to perform at our highest level possible, hopefully catching you guys flat.

Well....the problem with hoping for emotion to pull you through is it can go the other way within the blink of an eye...and thats what happened. We couldnt catch, field a kick off, pass the ball, punt, block, etc. We are much better than what you guys saw last Friday, but nowhere near your level (obviously). We are a better-than-average team as compared to the rest in the state, but not THAT much better-than-average.

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
It was nice meeting you Wimbo Pro, TexanAlum and Necks!

And of course, it was good to see you again LHPM:inlove:

By the way, I would like to add that the Panthers are really shaping up ya'll:devil:

After watching Friday, I'm confident in another 6-7 victories before Christmas:cheerl:

firstcat
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
You too Roughneck...I see you got home to San Marcos in good time!! Also nice to meet LHPM, LHmom, FirstCat (you brat!), Super R, TxBroadcaster,...am I missing someone?

It was great meeting you too! I admit, I am a brat.

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM

uhhhh I was not there