PDA

View Full Version : Will staph be the end of football?

coachkiss
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm really not the chicken little type, but I hear more and more about this. Tom Brady, Kellen Winslow, Jr., and Peyton Manning have all battled staph it appears.

I know that several high schools have had problem with staph infections. Due to the rough and violent nature of football, there are more scrapes and bruises than other sports. Will staph eventually become an epidemic since it seems to be so resistant to antibiotics?

If it does become and epidemic or even a real nuisance, does it convince some people to not let their children play football?

More realistically, can we attribute the increased cases of staph to artificial turf fields? If so, will they go away soon and get us back to grass?

Just something I was thinking about.

Necks_Fan
10-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Nope.

I had staph. It sucked. Got rid of in about a week.

Simple solution. Stay away from people with staph, clean up your cuts and scrapes...... and if you start to get an infected area..... go to the doc before it gets really bad.

Pick6
10-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
More realistically, can we attribute the increased cases of staph to artificial turf fields? If so, will they go away soon and get us back to grass?

Down with Turf fields. Should be grass only.

gatordaze
10-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Someone needs to invent a Lysol Zamboni for the fields!

Emerson1
10-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Studies have been done that prove turf fields are just as safe as grass when it comes to staph

Pick6
10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Someone needs to invent a Lysol Zamboni for the fields!

No, no, no, grass fields only.

coachkiss
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Is it just a matter of staph infections being more publicized now? My biggest concern going in for a surgery now would be staph.

HM33
10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
If people would shower after practice/games, wash gear everyday, spray down equipment, then there wouldn't be that big of a problem. If everyone were to do what they are suppose to do then the problem wouldn't be a big. And yes it is just more publicized now becuz oh the big name guys getting it.