PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Tailgater final details

sinton66
12-11-2003, 10:21 PM
I will be in the parking lot at 11:00 am. I will be somewhere off the southwest corner of the stadium. I'm hoping this will keep us out of any north wind. Click on this link for a map of the stadium and parking lot(Thanks RangerMom). I will try to set up somewhere between #9 and #10.
Texas Stadium Map (http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/stadium_directions2.gif)

In case we don't get the flag or a sign done, I will be in my Gold Ford F150 pickup (Ford Gold looks almost tan to me)with matching campertop, pulling a black pit. The pit is made of a 4ft piece of 24 inch pipe, so it isn't huge, but is big enough to recognize when you see it.

There should be some food ready by 12:00 noon. I am fixing sausage wraps. Any one can bring anything they want suitable for cooking on a pit over mesquite. The tailgater will officially shut down about 30 minutes before the 3A game.

We have a committment from one person to bring potato salad. One other person is bringing some hamburger fixings. The rest of you might want to do like wise, or bring snacks, cookies, or something like that. You will be responsible for bringing your own drinks.

It would also be a good idea to bring a lawn chair if you like to sit. I have one small picnic table, but it will be used in food prep.

I hope as many of you as are able will stop by and meet all the other Downlow folks. See ya at Texas Stadium!!

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

3afan2K3
12-11-2003, 10:23 PM
I will be there around 12-12:30 and will stay around awhile. I don't plan on eating anything until I get inside and get some Super Bowl Nachos. Hopefully it won't be to hot outside to make in too uncomfortable :p

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

sinton66
12-11-2003, 10:32 PM
You'll change your mind when you get a whiff of Chappell Hill!

PAINTBALL
12-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Keep a close lookout Sinton66 or you may look like this by 11:30. I still have to get revenge for all that money Sinton ISD cost Burnet ISD :D http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Sports/More_Sports/Paintball_guy_2.gif

SintonFan
12-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Dang, now you wanna get me there!!! :D
66, you should make a tortilla burger or two. wink Good luck buddy! Meet some of those fine posters for me. :cool:

SintonFan
12-11-2003, 10:48 PM
PAINTBALL:
Keep a close lookout Sinton66 or you may look like this by 11:30. I still have to get revenge for all that money Sinton ISD cost Burnet ISD :D http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Sports/More_Sports/Paintball_guy_2.gifYou wanna go there Paintball? :D
I might spin your friend... :D :D :D
jus havin some fun

Bellville22
12-11-2003, 11:01 PM
66, I think my sister and I may make the trip this weekend. Not sure what time we'll make it, depends on her basketball tourney schedule. I want to watch the North Shore/Woodlands game at noon, but hopefully we can make it up there soon after that. Try to get some kind of sign out or something, we'll look for y'all, look forward to seeing it. Everyone have a safe trip.

sinton66
12-11-2003, 11:09 PM
SintonFan:
66, you should make a tortilla burger or two. wink Good luck buddy! Meet some of those fine posters for me. :cool: Hey buddy, if PI wins this weekend, you could have a state championship in SA. Maybe yall could organize another one of these.

kaorder1999
12-11-2003, 11:16 PM
i have to be in the stadiun for the first two games so im going to try to sneak out when i get a chance...maybe halftimes....

pirate4state
12-11-2003, 11:17 PM
SintonFan:
66, you should make a tortilla burger or two. wink Good luck buddy! Meet some of those fine posters for me. :cool: That's what I'm saying!! I wish I could make it, but I'll be cheering on the Tarpons. Everyone have fun & enjoy the games!! Drive safe.

Ranger Mom
12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
I think I read this on an earlier thread. It cost $10.00 to get into one OR all 3 games, but...if you leave the stadium you have to pay again to get back in? Am I understanding this correctly?

I just KNOW I am going to have to go to the bathroom at some time - should I bring a porta-potty along with my lawn chair? :D

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

sinton66
12-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Sure, the windows on my campertop are dark enough. :D

sinton66
12-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Bellville22:
66, I think my sister and I may make the trip this weekend. Not sure what time we'll make it, depends on her basketball tourney schedule. I want to watch the North Shore/Woodlands game at noon, but hopefully we can make it up there soon after that. Try to get some kind of sign out or something, we'll look for y'all, look forward to seeing it. Everyone have a safe trip.That would be great if yall can make it. Looking forward to seeing you again.

SintonFan
12-12-2003, 12:49 AM
pirate4state:

SintonFan:
66, you should make a tortilla burger or two. wink Good luck buddy! Meet some of those fine posters for me. :cool: That's what I'm saying!! I wish I could make it, but I'll be cheering on the Tarpons. Everyone have fun & enjoy the games!! Drive safe..
I think you can organize one at the Alamodome!
Start your own thread. I'll get to meet yall! :cool:
I'm not good at these things... frown

bulldogvet85
12-12-2003, 01:26 AM
yeah what is the policy about going into the game and leaving and coming back in. are they gonna make you pay to get back in or give you a stamp so you can get back in once you have paid.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-12-2003, 07:58 AM
It was my understanding that if you wall out into the parkings lots you pay again.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

pirate4state
12-12-2003, 09:42 AM
SintonFan:

pirate4state:

SintonFan:
66, you should make a tortilla burger or two. wink Good luck buddy! Meet some of those fine posters for me. :cool: That's what I'm saying!! I wish I could make it, but I'll be cheering on the Tarpons. Everyone have fun & enjoy the games!! Drive safe..
I think you can organize one at the Alamodome!
Start your own thread. I'll get to meet yall! :cool:
I'm not good at these things... :( I don't think there is enough time. But we could arrange to meet some of the Tarpon/Marlin fans at half time. Footballgal, TFINT, etc... what do you think??

<small>[ December 12, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

DogDoc
12-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Well I'll be coming out there and I hope to meet some of you folks. I don't post much do to my job being part of a team. But I have read this site every day for so long that I think I know some folks already. I'll bring something for you to cook bratwurst or sausage or something like that. I am on atkins so this sounds like my kind of shindig. I might try to get there early and see if I can be of some help. If there is something you need brought I live relatively close and might be able to help out. see ya there

DogDoc

sinton66
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
ttt

DawgMaw02
12-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes Ranger Mom, I have heard that you can get in to all 3 games with one ticket, but if you leave the Stadium, you have to pay to back in again.
Hey 66, I have some plastic silverware and will try and rustle up some paper plates for us. My son and his friends will probably be leaving before I do, so I may send my stuff with him so it will be there for the most part of the day. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone!
DRIVE SAFELY AND BUNDLE UP!! :D :D :D

kaorder1999
12-12-2003, 02:08 PM
you wil have to pay to get back in....there are bathrooms in the stadium though....you woont have to leave...hehe

sinton66
12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
kaorder, do you know if there are any restrooms accessible from the outside?

Keith7
12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
sinton66:
kaorder, do you know if there are any restrooms accessible from the outside?There are a few trees on the north end

kaorder1999
12-12-2003, 03:58 PM
sinton66:
kaorder, do you know if there are any restrooms accessible from the outside?just called Texas Stadium and they assured me that their ARE restrooms accessible from outside the stadium.....

sinton66
12-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Cool, thanks, buddy.

sinton66
12-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Keith7:

sinton66:
kaorder, do you know if there are any restrooms accessible from the outside?There are a few trees on the north endWise guy, I wouldn't mind, but RangerMom might! wink

Bandera YaYa
12-12-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm sooooooo jealous of all of you going to Dallas!!! Ya'll are going to have the time of your life...enjoy it all!!! I'll be thinking of ya'll tomorrow....everyone drive safely and just have a great wonderful time!! Be sure and keep us updated on 3ADL...I'm sending lots of YaYa magic (may be in the form of snowflakes)for good luck!!

eye of the tiger
12-12-2003, 05:19 PM
66, I sent you a pm with my cell phone number. Call me if you have any problems on the road or anything.

sinton66
12-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks, buddy! I appreciate it.

All other attendees: We're not going to be able to get the flag, so everybody just look for my Gold(tan) F150 with matching campertop and the pit attached. I may try to do some kind of poster board sign tonight if I remember, but don't count on it. wink

bearcat1
12-12-2003, 09:43 PM
We will look for the truck Sinton66. Oh, and we are bringing something to eat, but don't know what it is yet!

bc

eye of the tiger
12-13-2003, 10:03 AM
ttt

Rabbit'93
12-13-2003, 11:02 AM
to all attending the get-together have fun...I have to work Sat.'s and will not be able to make it. Hopefully we can make this an annual tradition. Burnet folks have safe travel