PDA

View Full Version : Reg. 1 First round Playoff Predictions

Texasfootball2
10-24-2008, 12:17 PM
As of today:

Div 1:

Lubbock Estacado vs. Ab. Wylie (assuming the Dawgs beat Breckenridge tonight)
Andrews vs. Ft. Stockton
Burkburnett vs. Bye
Gatesville vs. Burnet ( if Burnets wins last two weeks)

Div 2

Lubbock Cooper vs. Sweetwater/Snyder winner
Levelland vs. Brownwood

Monohans vs. Anthony/Pacos
Midland Greenwood vs. Clint

Bridgeport vs. BYE
Decator/Vernon winner vs. BYE

China Spring vs. Wimberely
Glen Rose vs. Liberty Hill

****There are still a few things up in the air(especially in D2 district), but this is pretty accurate.

If it works out this way, the D2 bracket is a meet grinder, the D1 bracket is not near as tough.

JMO

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
China Spring vs. Wimberley

That should be a really good game!

Texasfootball2
10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That should be a really good game!

It really sucks that they have to play round one, but Wylie and Decatur both know how that feels. The past two years they meet in round one of the playoffs. Luckily we won both, but some reel good Decatur teams went home early.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
As of today:

Div 1:

Lubbock Estacado vs. Ab. Wylie
Andrews vs. Ft. Stockton
Burkburnett vs. Bye
Gatesville vs. Burnet ( if Burnets wins last two weeks)

Div 2

Lubbock Cooper vs. Sweetwater/Snyder winner
Levelland vs. Brownwood

Bridgeport vs. BYE
Decator/Vernon winner vs. BYE

China Spring vs. Wimberely
Glen Rose vs. Liberty Hill

****There are still a few things up in the air(especially in D2 district), but this is pretty accurate.

If it works out this way, the D2 bracket is a meet grinder, the D1 bracket is not near as tough.

JMO

Poor Estacado, Cooper, and Levelland. They aren't going to
know what hit them. No matter who makes it out of 2-3A.:thinking:

nobogey72
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
The way I've got it figured, Brownwood won't make the playoffs. But, you never know, they could get a lucky bounce, or have a call or 2 go their way. It could happen.:thinking:

Rocket
10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
The way I've got it figured, Brownwood won't make the playoffs. But, you never know, they could get a lucky bounce, or have a call or 2 go their way. It could happen.:thinking:

Hitting the pipe early on a Friday? You knew I wouldn't let this one go unanswered, you moron.

The third place game is tonight for Snyder and Sweetwater. Good luck and may the best team win (even though the best team doesn't always win). ;)

loboes86
10-24-2008, 01:37 PM
As of today:

JMO Not to be to picky but you spell them Monahans and Pecos

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Not to be to picky but you spell them Monahans and Pecos

Lol. I didn't even notice he didn't spell Pecos right. I noticed
Mon"o"hans immediately.:D

Will we meet again this year?:thinking: :devil:

loboes86
10-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Lol. I didn't even notice he didn't spell Pecos right. I noticed
Mon"o"hans immediately.:D

Will we meet again this year?:thinking: :devil: It's sure possible when/if yall beat Snyder. I leanin towards when but I've been wrong before.LOL;)

Texasfootball2
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Not to be to picky but you spell them Monahans and Pecos

I guess you are picky:) My Bad.:D It won't be the last time I misspell something.

dbch
10-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Seems you maybe jumping the gun on who comes out of district 1. Dalhart and Levelland are both 1-1 and play tonight at Dalhart, I think the winner of that game will be a Div II rep. Levelland lost a close game to Estacado, Dalhart (extremely short handed) lost a close one to Cooper. Levelland & Dalhart both blasted Borger. Tonight's games in Dist 1 are huge, it is possible that Estacado, Cooper, Dalhart (or Levelland) could end up 4-1 at the end of District play.

But sadly whoever comes out of Dist 1 will be hurting the day after they face Dist 2 in the first round.

Texasfootball2
10-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by dbch
Seems you maybe jumping the gun on who comes out of district 1. Dalhart and Levelland are both 1-1 and play tonight at Dalhart, I think the winner of that game will be a Div II rep. Levelland lost a close game to Estacado, Dalhart (extremely short handed) lost a close one to Cooper. Levelland & Dalhart both blasted Borger. Tonight's games in Dist 1 are huge, it is possible that Estacado, Cooper, Dalhart (or Levelland) could end up 4-1 at the end of District play.

But sadly whoever comes out of Dist 1 will be hurting the day after they face Dist 2 in the first round.

Didn't know the outcome of a couple of district games. So Dalhart could possibly replace Levelland. Good luck tonight.

Snydertigersrul
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
SO WE WILL GET A REMATCH WITH COOPER.

BullsFan
10-24-2008, 06:27 PM
I predict Bridgeport will take out BYE. Easily. ;)

dbch
10-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Final Score. Dalhart 15 - 0 over Levelland.
Puts Dalhart tied for 2nd with Estacado in District 1. With Estacado coming to Dalhart Halloween night.