PDA

View Full Version : Dist 22 Has Something to look Forward To!

ronwx5x
10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
This district has never been a hotbed of great football, despite having a few bright spots over the years. Sporting a combined record of 15 - 20, the six district members do have some perfect records this year. Cleveland is 6-0 and ranked in the top 25 in most polls.

On the other hand, either Liberty @ 0-5 or Shepherd @ 0-6 will have to give up the losing streak as they meet head to head tonight. It is usually Tarkington who dwells in the proverbial cellar, but this year Tarkington sports two wins, including a 20-14 win over Shepherd.

If you want to see a game where both teams have something to prove, this is it!!

trojandad
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
good for you on highlighting tarkington staying out of the cellar....

while i agree with you on our district not being as tough as many from top to bottom, saying we have "never" been a football hotbed is a reach....

coldspring reached the state finals in 92 and almost beat sealy in the state semis in the dome in 96....and splendora had recognized teams while brian robinson was there, getting beat by the state ranked bird/manning led madisonville team with a last second kickoff return....

overall, your right, but we've had a flash here and there....i liked your post tho....

ronwx5x
10-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
good for you on highlighting tarkington staying out of the cellar....

while i agree with you on our district not being as tough as many from top to bottom, saying we have "never" been a football hotbed is a reach....

coldspring reached the state finals in 92 and almost beat sealy in the state semis in the dome in 96....and splendora had recognized teams while brian robinson was there, getting beat by the state ranked bird/manning led madisonville team with a last second kickoff return....

overall, your right, but we've had a flash here and there....i liked your post tho....

My only defense is that I did say the folks have had a few bright spots.

I am considering making the drive from The Woodlands to Coldspring for tonight's game. My other choice would have been Navasota but they are away. If I do, would like to meet you.

trojandad
10-24-2008, 11:26 AM
sounds great.....will pm you my info....

splendora always seems to play us tough at our place, a few years ago they played us to a 7 overtime game when they reall didn't have a great team coming into the game....then with the brian robinson game we had to have a fullback run 75 yards with 30 seconds left to beat them in our place....

oh, and you'll get to see the mlb/fb thats going to texas tech next year (saw your logo)....

need to be there early for a seat, the school (in its wisdom) built a minimal stadium with the most recent school bond....

navscanmaster
10-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
My only defense is that I did say the folks have had a few bright spots.

I am considering making the drive from The Woodlands to Coldspring for tonight's game. My other choice would have been Navasota but they are away. If I do, would like to meet you.

We are at home against Taylor. But Cleveland is worth a look, more so than Navasota. Enjoy the game!

trojandad
10-25-2008, 12:02 AM
cleveland 55 tarkington 0

coldspring 44 splendora 0

next week is set up for the district championship....

good luck to both teams.....