PDA

View Full Version : Forney QB hanie....

surfspike
11-18-2002, 02:29 AM
i've only been to two forney games this year. I I went to the commerce game and the wills point game. one thing i noticed is that this is the first time forney has had a sizeable qb that can scramble and throw the long ball. he had some rookie mistakes as most do during the commerce game eventhough he played great.

during wills point, he threw a 40 yd td right into the recievers hands. Being a forney grad and fan, that is NOT something you see from forney. it reflects how maxfield is gone. however i look at hanie and see a version of Tye gunn from the 00 la grange team that beat us in d2 final. He had size, speed, and could throw. Hanie is gonna be even better with this playoff exp under his belt. The offense is MUCH more balanced than the previous decade. Before everyone focused on the running game, and now forney can strike not only with a great running game (laury avg 12 yrds per carry) but also with a plethora of recievers that seemed to come outta nowhere.

I thought this team was going to be rather mediocre when compared to the last two years, but after seeing how well they work together I think they are better as a team than ever. I look forward to the forney/carthage game and wish carthage the best of luck. I will cheer forney and for an injury-free game.

aamove
11-18-2002, 06:26 AM
This team is like you said, more balanced. The last two years everything seemed to revolve around a few super stars. And for our opponents the targets were very clear. This year, with the exception of Laury, it's not as well defined. Coach Rush is doing a good job by mixing it up.
Hanie just seems to get better as the year goes on. And the Offensive and Defensive Lines are doing all you could ask of them. It's been a great year for Forney and hopefully it will last four more weeks.

jason
11-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Forney's defense is dominating. They held Wills Point, who I think averaged about 35-45 points in the district, to 16 points. With that great defense it takes less pressure off the offense and that enables them to put up 30-40 points a game. I'm alredy looking forward to the Forney/Everman rematch in the semis.

GO FORNEY

Jimbotex40
11-18-2002, 04:05 PM
hanie is a great QB. and as ive said before, he is the second sexiest man ever to walk the face of the earth....lol, that's just a joke.

he played better than jake macdougle, and he would be better than him if he played for WP. oh well, im just glad he's on our side.

justanopinion
11-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Hanie is a great QB. He is awesome in the pocket. I hardly ever seem him get sacked unless he is rolling out. There is no doubt that if he was at Wp he would have some high numbers. But he is a QB that fits perfectly with Forney's offense. I hope he goes to a D1 school. It's great that he has one more year.

wpgrad
11-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey jimbo, I don't see how you can even compare Hanie to McDougle. McDougle throws the ball 3 times more a game than Hanie. I'm not going to judge Hanie's ability because I have only seen him play one game but he only threw the ball 5 times and his reciever's were wide open and not to mention the time he had to throw behind that line. So to say he played a better game than McDougle, I don't think so, and also that he would be better than McDougle if he played in WP is hilarious. I'm not saying he isn't a good qb but I am saying is that you can't even compare the two.

crzyjournalist03
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Hanie is way underrated. Most of it is because Forney is a running team. His numbers can't be compared to other QB's like WP's because he hasn't had the chance to make nearly as many plays. If you want to make that comparison, you have to look at completion percentage instead of passing yardage. I don't know if he's had a game under 50% this year. Sure, a lot of guys are wide open, but Hanie doesn't miss his targets. The Dallas Cowboys receivers are wide open a lot too, but look at their offense. Caleb can throw the passes that he needs to throw. Just look at the completion to Davis on the sideline last week at the one yard line.

kaorder1999
11-18-2002, 10:32 PM
WPGRAD....thats Jimbos point...IF Hanie were QB'ing at WP he would be throwing a WHOLE lot more than he is now....Jimbo said that because Forney doesnt throw the all as much as WP...

Hes a QB that could probably throw for 2500-3000 yards a season at a school that runs a spread offense. Put him in shotgun and he could be dangerous since he's big and can scramble! Oh..and he has a very strong arm. He isn't showcased as much as McDougle is at WP because Forney has a very balanced attack. Jimbo isn't saying hes better than McDougle...hes just saying he might be a better QB for that WP offensive style!

Jimbotex40
11-18-2002, 11:26 PM
thanks kaorder, im glad you understood what i meant.
well, i guess you cant expect that a WPgrad would understand this. (yes, the pun was intended)

hey, wpgrad, you said that you saw hanie play one game....i wonder which team happened to win that game...well, now that i think of it, hanie won that game, and yes, he played a way better game than macdougle (4 ints in his last game ever)

hanie rushed for 3 TD's...those 18 points alone were more than yall scored in all....hehe

Showtime33
11-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Hanie might be a good QB, but I do not think he is as good as McDougle. Hanie plays behind a lot better offensive line than McDougle does. I have watched four Forney games this year and every game I have watched, the OL has given him all day to pass the ball. Plus, most teams when they go up against Forney are focused on stopping the running game, and when Forney passes it catches the defense by surprise. As far as the completion percentage goes, I am sure McDougle's is a lot lower because he throws the ball a lot more than Hanie. The more times you throw, the greater chance that your percentage will drop. I'm not taking anything away from Hanie, but I have seen both QBs play and if given the choice, I'd take McDougle.

Rabbit'93
11-18-2002, 11:57 PM
SURFSPIKE....I'm lost...what changed from last year to this one? Forney throws the ball about the same number of times. And since rush has taken over I haven't seen a significant amount of passing. I wouldn't call 8 passing attempts to 40 rushing attempts balanced. I've seen alot of Forney games and just because one 40 yard pass gets completed I don't think it's time to go lining up in the shotgun. I would love to see more passes, especially on first down to keep defenses guessing. Don't get me wrong Hanie has the tools. I was telling my buddy Fri. @ the game he reminded me of Tye Gunn.

justanopinion
11-19-2002, 12:00 AM
Well it's wrong to compare Hanie and McDougle. They play for 2 totally different styles of offences. And both of these players have totally different playing styles. I believe that if you gave a college coach the choice of which QB they would want, they would say Hanie. Remember guys, HANIE IS JUST A JUNIOR. Wait till you see him next year.

wpgrad
11-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Instead of speculating, I'll give you the stats:

Hanie: 61 of 109 for 967 yds. 6 tds 0 ints.
QB ratio: 107.546
Rush: 275 yds. 9 tds.

McDougle: 120 of 205 for 2171 yds. 26 tds. 8 int
QB ratio: 123.780
Rush: 583 yds. 6 tds.

You keep saying if he played for WP he would be better but he don't. What kind of comment is that. I could say if WP would have played better they would have beat Forney but they didn't so it doesn't matter.

aamove
11-19-2002, 02:11 PM
WPgrad not putting anything into speculation, Hanie is the only quarterback in 3A in the Dallas area that has passed for as many yards and has not been intercepted. You may be able to attribute this to his being careful or to precision. The O Line does give him a lot of time to throw the ball and they should get the credit they deserve. And they do it not only against district teams, but also against State Contenders.

Jimbotex40
11-19-2002, 04:02 PM
wpgrad, could you be so polite as to tell me which team accounted for half of jake's interceptions....it would be much obliged....thanks

Fahq07
11-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Well hanie is great QB and i think this year the coaches have done an awesome job this year. The thing that i notcied about this years offense compared to the last three years is that the play calling was 10 times better. Coach smith does a great job mixing it up, i know because i played for him and i always loved his play calls in certain situations. Oh yeah the the numbers on hanie are wrong i have been to a few games and he has actually thrown about 5 or 6 INTs.

Fahq07
11-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Well hanie is great QB and i think this year the coaches have done an awesome job this year compared to the last two years when the QBs werent involved much. The thing that i notcied about this years offense compared to the last three years is that the play calling was 10 times better. Coach smith does a great job mixing it up, i know because i played for him and i always loved his play calls in certain situations. Oh yeah the the numbers on hanie are wrong i have been to a few games and he has actually thrown about 5 or 6 INTs.

Jimbotex40
11-19-2002, 10:15 PM
no, fahq, hanie has not thrown one single interception yet this season...i dont know what game you are talking about.

crzyjournalist03
11-19-2002, 10:53 PM
I think the backup QB has thrown a couple of INT's late in games for Forney after we've had a big lead, but Hanie hasn't thrown any.

Fahq07
11-19-2002, 11:06 PM
i know for a fact he threw a few in the first 3 games

JRabbit_Fan
11-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Hanie threw 1 or 2 in the Aledo game but none since. The kid has a great head on his shoulders.
He has just gotten better each game.

Fahq07
11-19-2002, 11:48 PM
I knew it...

DroptheHammer
11-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Hanie has thrown only ONE interception all year. If you have seen 5 or 6 then you must of seen him play in middle school or something.

justanopinion
11-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Come on guys every QB is bound to throw an interception. Remember HE'S JUST A JUNIOR!

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2002, 09:46 AM
Ok, maybe he has thrown an interception...but that's not the point. The point is that he's been rock solid all year.

Jimbotex40
11-20-2002, 09:48 AM
creecy, shouldnt you be shelving books right now?

Jimbotex40
11-20-2002, 09:49 AM
creecy, shouldnt you be shelving books right now?

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Jimbo, shouldn't you be at college right now?

justanopinion
11-20-2002, 03:23 PM
this is all i do in library aid, 1st period.

you should know this jimmy.

jason
11-20-2002, 04:02 PM
isnt being a senior great...haha