PDA

View Full Version : Jr. High Football Scores

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 08:32 AM
La Grange- Giddings
7th grade A -Tied
8th grade A -LG-24 Giddings-0

La Grange 8th grade now 2-0-1 in District, wins over Bellville and Giddings and a Tie with Smithville. Any other scores.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't have 7th grade scores but here's the 8th grade.

LH "B" 14-6 over Wimberley
LH "A" 30-8 (I think) over Wimberley.

gatordaze
10-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Celina 7th-8th grade Gold (we can't say C team anymore as its hurtfull) beat Prosper 8B

Celina 7th White beat Gainesvilles 7th B team

Celina 7th Orange beat Gainsvilles 7th A team

Celina 8th Orange beat Gainesvilles 8th A team

The only undefeated Celina team on the year is 8th Orange with 8-0 with 6 shut outs. I don't believe Gainesville had positive yardage for the night.

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina 7th-8th grade Gold (we can't say C team anymore as its hurtfull) beat Prosper 8B

Celina 7th White beat Gainesvilles 7th B team

Celina 7th Orange beat Gainsvilles 7th A team

Celina 8th Orange beat Gainesvilles 8th A team

The only undefeated Celina team on the year is 8th Orange with 8-0 with 6 shut outs. I don't believe Gainesville had positive yardage for the night.

Would like to know how many kids do you have out for football in 7th and 8th grade, also would like to know with 3 teams in each grade how many players on each team. My son is in 8th grade and we have 62 players on 2 teams. 21 players on A and 41 players on B.

gatordaze
10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Would like to know how many kids do you have out for football in 7th and 8th grade, also would like to know with 3 teams in each grade how many players on each team. My son is in 8th grade and we have 62 players on 2 teams. 21 players on A and 41 players on B.

Although I am completely confused by our new color coding system, I think that we have about around 30 per team over 4 teams. There were not enough 7th graders to make up a complete 2nd team and too many 8th graders hence the creation of the Gold team that is a hybrid of 7th-8th graders. I may be wrong but I think this is correct.

themsu97
10-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't have 7th grade scores but here's the 8th grade.

LH "B" 14-6 over Wimberley
LH "A" 30-8 (I think) over Wimberley.

that is pretty good considering that Wimberly has a big kid at tailback that is pretty good...

clemsmarina
10-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
that is pretty good considering that Wimberly has a big kid at tailback that is pretty good...

Yep, he is very good, he just couldn't do it all by himself. Tried though!!

The LH Purple "A" team is undefeated on the year, while the LH Gold "B" team has only 1 loss on the year.

This 8th grade group and the frshman group are going to be VERY tough together over the next 3-4 years!

ShortDog68
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
7th Grade Purple "A"
Won 18 to 8

7th Grade Gold "B"
Loss 0 to 14

NastySlot
10-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
7th Grade Purple "A"
Won 18 to 8

7th Grade Gold "B"
Loss 0 to 14

how did you all do against canyon lake's jr high ---mountain valley....i heard they were pretty good...any truth to that?

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
7th Grade Purple "A"
Won 18 to 8

7th Grade Gold "B"
Loss 0 to 14
:clap:

87 TIGER
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
7th
Caldwell wins not sure of the score

8th
Rockdale 22
Caldwell 14

jv
Caldwell 20
Rockdale 0

LHPfactory
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I have even more good news for LH in the future. We are prart of Central Texas Youth Football League (unlimited weight league). We are the only 3A program in this league and we are doing great.

My oldest son is on the Junoir purple team (9-10 yoa) and lost the fist game of the season but won 4 straight and played the number one team last week. This team (Hill Country Cowboys) was 5-0 and the closest team to play them this year lost 50-18. This is a select team comprised of Lake Travis, SouthWest Austin(Oak Hill), Dripping Springs, and Wimberley. My oldest boys team was loosing 19-6 at half time due to a couple of big mistakes. They came back shutting out Hill Country in the second half, however, lost 19-18 after missing the conversion by 1 inch. It was heart breaking to the boys....but I told my son that he will play with his team and the other half of the LH boys his age drafted to the other team (yes we do an honest draft and divide our talent) on Friday nights under the lights in a few years. However, these other conglomerate and 5A teams will be divided up when they hit school ball. But you will be united with the other teams that are currently competing with these big schools.....Thats awsome (my oldest boy starts at Running Back and Middle Line Backer).....

I am coaching my second born son (Outside Line Backer and Center) on the rookie purple team (7-8) year olds (LH has two teams on this level Purple and Gold, both honestly drafted by coaches. Once again we are the only 3A school and we are dividing our talent by staffing two teams with a draft. We are 5-1 and in second place behind Town & Country (Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park, and Northwest Austin , "select team" and our only loss). This week We beat Hill Country Cowboys (Lake Travis, Dripping Springs, Wimberley, and Southwest Austin) 41-6 (the game was called in the beginning of the 3rd by mercy rule).

Again our talent is divided in half and we are going toe to toe with all the 5A big boys and breaking it off......

Every week we play teams that are bigger and faster than us, however, the The heart of a champion beats in the little Panthers as it does in the big boys on fiday nights....

I am so proud of my sons and the sons of LH, the future looks good and believe me these little fellas are tuff as nails!....they are something else...to say the least.