PDA

View Full Version : Homerism at its "finest"

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I've attended a lot of football games and have heard a lot of announcers. I've heard some that are decidedly "homer" in their announcing. I've heard some that are very equal in the enthusiasm shown for both teams playing and I've heard some that were "just the facts, nothing but the facts".

Never, ever have I witnessed what took place tonight. If this had been a radio or web cast game, for over half of the game, the listeners would not have had a clue there was more than one team on the field, other than one touchdown made. No first downs, no runs, no tackles....oh wait, yes they did call the incomplete pass. :rolleyes:

:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: BOOOOO!!!!! :mad:

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've attended a lot of football games and have heard a lot of announcers. I've heard some that are decidedly "homer" in their announcing. I've heard some that are very equal in the enthusiasm shown for both teams playing and I've heard some that were "just the facts, nothing but the facts".

Never, ever have I witnessed what took place tonight. If this had been a radio or web cast game, for over half of the game, the listeners would not have had a clue there was more than one team on the field, other than one touchdown made. No first downs, no runs, no tackles....oh wait, yes they did call the incomplete pass. :rolleyes:

:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: BOOOOO!!!!! :mad:

Who really cares about the announcers at a football game, do you really need them to be good announcers or do you just like to hear your sons name announced on the loud speaker. Just sit back and enjoy the game, most everyone that knows and watches the game does not need an announcer to mess it up.Half the time they are wrong names,down,flags and on most sub varsity games their is no one spotting for the announcer. Just watch the game.

Lion_Addict
10-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Who really cares about the announcers at a football game, do you really need them to be good announcers or do you just like to hear your sons name announced on the loud speaker. Just sit back and enjoy the game, most everyone that knows and watches the game does not need an announcer to mess it up.Half the time they are wrong names,down,flags and on most sub varsity games their is no one spotting for the announcer. Just watch the game.

:eek: :eek: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 07:56 AM
My son is an OT so his name is NEVER called. It was about the rest of the kids. So shut up!

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My son is an OT so his name is NEVER called. It was about the rest of the kids. So shut up!

Did I hit a nerve.Sorry.

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Looks like the ball was tipped by the defensive player. Which would be a no call.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Looks like the ball was tipped by the defensive player. Which would be a no call.
Rigghhhttt