PDA

View Full Version : West Oso vs. A-P

pirate4state
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm rooting for da Bears on this one. What does everyone else think?

Also, what do you think the Pirates will look like against Ingelside this week? I say Pirates by at least 31, hope the field isn't too sloppy after the rain they had yesterday.

One other BIG game happening in the coastal bend (I know it is not 3A, but it still deserves mentioning) Calallen vs. G-P. Any predicitions? I say G-P gets their 2nd loss of the season.

big daddy russ
10-29-2002, 02:17 PM
as far as who i'm rooting for, you can't help but like coach guess over in wo. he's a real good guy, but i still think that ap pulls it off by a touchdown. sinton will kill ingleside... 55+ points... i agree that gp gets stopped, but i think it'll be closer than a lot of people think it will. everybody's been saying it'll be a blowout... i don't think so. calallen by 5.

Mingus
10-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Big Daddy Russ, what do you think about that wide angle?

big daddy russ
10-29-2002, 05:17 PM
huh?

sinton66
10-29-2002, 06:26 PM
I agree with BDR on AP/WO, Aransas Pass by a touchdown. BUT, I disagree that Calallen will beat GP. I'll take GP by 6.

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
10-30-2002, 04:33 AM
GP by 3 over the CalCats. West Oso WILL keep this game close and lose by 10 in the end. Blake will try to win this for AP. West Oso might suprise a team of two in the playoffs.

On another note:
It seems some teams have figured out the Sinton passing game...

sinfan75
10-30-2002, 05:53 AM
I'd like to see West Oso so I'll take em by 7.Can't see G-P beatin the CalCats in Cal,Cal by 10.Sinton score will be about the same as last week.I'll say Pirates by 30.

Hannibal
10-30-2002, 09:53 AM
Got to go with AP. I don't think West Oso can take the pounding the Panthers will give them. CalCats and GP is a toss-up. Would like to see GP win. You guys are killing me. AP puts 62 points on the ponies and you guys are only picking Sinton by 30? How much faith do you have in your team?

sinfan75
10-30-2002, 03:53 PM
It's not that I don't have faith in em,it's just that last week I figured Sinton would wipe out Taft and they didn't!They have scored 40 or more points only twice this year.I wouldn't doubt if they sit players out this week like they did last.That's why my prediction is Sinton by 30.

sinton66
10-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Hannibal, it's pretty hard to predict when they sit out the best running back, the best defensive end, and play absolutely no one both ways. Ruiz didn't play on defense at all, Jurach didn't play on offense at all, and I don't know who else! I think they're giving everybody a chance to heal up and get rid of the little nagging injuries and sore spots before the playoffs. Makes for a tough prediction.

Hannibal
10-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Come on guys, AP had their second string fullback, who just happens to be one of the starting linebackers, score twice. AP has people going both ways and still put it on the ponies. If Sinton is as good as most people think, they should be able to score at will. I mean, Sinton beat AP 41-14. AP beats the Ponies 62-0. The Panthers never even punted. You mean to tell me that you don't think Sinton can score at will? Are there chinks in the armor of Sinton? Taft certainly thought so. Who knows?? That's why you play 'em on Friday night.

big daddy russ
10-30-2002, 07:18 PM
there's two things about that ap-ingleside game i'd like to add. first, ingleside is playing with what amounts to half a varsity team. when you play them, look at the roster. a bunch of the starters are sophomores, so ingleside is undermanned. on the other hand, ingleside and ap have a good little rivalry, this year not included. there are only a couple of longer-running rivalries in the coastal bend, none of which come from corpus christi. they were going at it around the same time corpus christi high (miller) was the lone big dog in the area, back before the depression. so from that standpoint ap wanted that game. they say that you can lose every other game during the year, but if you win that one, it makes for a good season.

sinton66
10-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Ok Hannibal, more to the point, I think Sinton will be able to do whatever they want to do in the Ingleside game. The question is what do they want to do? We don't know the answer to that question, and neither do you. So give it a rest.

sintonpop
10-31-2002, 12:22 AM
Hannibal, the only chinks that Taft found in the Sinton armor was a very wet and muddy playing field. Dry field and the offensive output doubles for the Pirates.

Resting your starters against weaker opponents is great coaching. Starters have a chance to heal for a run at the playoffs and the bench gets valuable playing time to build depth.

And for scoring at will.....that's REAL intelligent when you have your possible rounds 1-3 playoff opponents coaches scouting your team. Show them nothing but the basics, keep them guessing, and collect the W.

Defense wins championships and the last time I checked 7 to 6 counts the same as 70 to 6 in the win column.

So in summary, if Sinton beat AP by 27 and AP beat Ingleside by 62, then according to your logic, Sinton should beat Ingleside by 89 points.

OK, I predict Sinton by 89 over Ingleside!

But please, if Sinton doesn't win by 89 don't take our win away.

SintonFan
10-31-2002, 01:17 AM
sintonpop:
Hannibal, the only chinks that Taft found in the Sinton armor was a very wet and muddy playing field. Dry field and the offensive output doubles for the Pirates.

Resting your starters against weaker opponents is great coaching. Starters have a chance to heal for a run at the playoffs and the bench gets valuable playing time to build depth.

And for scoring at will.....that's REAL intelligent when you have your possible rounds 1-3 playoff opponents coaches scouting your team. Show them nothing but the basics, keep them guessing, and collect the W.

Defense wins championships and the last time I checked 7 to 6 counts the same as 70 to 6 in the win column.

So in summary, if Sinton beat AP by 27 and AP beat Ingleside by 62, then according to your logic, Sinton should beat Ingleside by 89 points.

OK, I predict Sinton by 89 over Ingleside!

But please, if Sinton doesn't win by 89 don't take our win away.Almost flawless logic! Not fair! Sinton by 90! Hehe, divide all scores by three. Don't forget, everyone is trying to knock off the no. 1 ranked team. Keep it up Pirates.
WIN STATE!!!!!! :) :) :)

sinton66
10-31-2002, 07:26 AM
Great post Sintonpop! Hannibal says he's from Sinton, but he sure doesn't talk like it. Best of luck to the Pirates, get everybody healthy and do what you have to do! GO PIRATES!

Hannibal
10-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Okay fellas, first of all, if Sinton is so great as everyone says, then why the hesitation about the Ingleside game? I agree with resting your starters, but if The Pirates are that good, then the starters should NOT make a difference. A good team will not lose anything when the backups go in. Don't give me any crap about wet fields and dry fields. Which one of you said play with the cards you are dealt? A truly good team should be able to play in a field that just had a rip plow go through it. Do you think the wet field did effect the other team? Last time I looked, both teams play on the same field.
Sintonpop,-- if you honestly believe that Sinton hasn't been scouted all year by possible playoff opponents, then you need to get a clue. How many scouts were at the GP, CUERO, and AP games? I willing to say more than you think. As to your logic, all I am saying is people from Sinton think Sinton is unbeatable. If this is true, then Sinton SHOULD be able to score at will. Are you saying that the almighty Sinton would not score on their basic plays? Tell that to the coaching staff and players and they will laugh at you. Also, don't go claiming a W if you are not part of the team. Give the kids and coaches the credit; they are the ones out there working their tails off, not the people who sit in the stands.
BDR, I don't care if Ingleside dields a team of all freshmen, when you play on Friday night, you are fair game. If you can't deal with it, get out.
Sinton66, as to your post. I graduated from Sinton in 89. Played baseball for Coach K. and Coach Y. Does it matter if I don't support the Pirates? No. Do I wish them ill? No. Do I think they are as good as they were last year? I know they are not.
SintonFan-- did you come up with the fact that everyone is trying to knock off the number 1 team all by yourself? Talk about flawless logic.

SINTON81
10-31-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey Sinton fans, I think our friend Hannibal is an A-P fan. Give him a break, he's just upset we beat the crap out of A-P. I think the reason he knows so much about A-P and what their team does is because his job (HINT: COACH) requires him to be at the game.

What ever happens with Sinton the rest of the year, if WE win by 1 point or 100, if we lose by 1 point or 100, the fact is WE beat the crap out of A-P THIS YEAR.

<small>[ October 31, 2002, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

Hannibal
10-31-2002, 12:03 PM
Sinton81, are you a player? If so, then you have the right to use the word WE. If not, you must be one of the thousands of WANNA-BEs who have roamed the halls of Sinton, taking credit for the things that others have done, i.e. ('75 state finalist appearance; '88, '89, & last year's baseball state championships; basketball state title; semi-finals appearrance; last year's state finals appearance in football).
AS for beating AP, yes, Sinton beat AP. Never said anything about that.

sinton66
10-31-2002, 01:22 PM
Hannibal, if you're so damned smart, how come you haven't REALIZED this is a fan site? There are some players on here, but mostly fans. We all KNOW we don't play on the field, so we certainly don't need to be reminded of that fact by you. As for sharing the credits, who do you think pays for all this stuff? Us, the taxpaying FANS of Sinton, that's who! It takes an entire community to raise a child into adulthood. What's wrong with the townspeople sharing the glory and credit?
Did AP fans share the credit when the Panthers went to the semis a few years ago? I can assure you they did. We have a deep respect for our athletes, but their accomplishments are OUR accomplishments, and they would be the first ones to tell you that. You certainly don't have to be a fan of Sinton, that's your choice (since you're an alumni, it's a poor one in my view, but yours none the less). I can guarantee you this, Sinton's accomplishments this year will not have anything to do with your opinion of them. They will win or lose based on their opinion of themselves and their abilities. :p

Hannibal
10-31-2002, 01:57 PM
66, evidently you don't understand what I'm talking about. You stated that it takes a community to raise a child. I agree. What I don't agree with is fans who want to share in the glory that they never had. Be proud of the kids and the coaches. I am. I know most of those kids and coaches and have nothing but the deepest respect for them. What I do have a problem with is the SEVERE lack of HUMILITY that fans have. This is something that athletes and coaches know about. If a running back or a quarterback does well in a game, who do they give all the credit to? The offensive line. If the offense struggles, who do they give credit to? The defense and the special teams. I don't fault the kids and coaches for being good. That is not the point. The point is RESPECT is given where it is earned. Most of the fans in Sinton think that since they wear the colors, they are part of the team. THEY ARE NOT. I don't give a crap who pays the taxes or what town you are in, be it Sinton, AP, Mathis, or Calallen. Humility is a part of athletics. If it is not, then you have teams that are considered cocky and arrogant. This is the problem with most professional sports teams today. If you disagree, ask Coach K. Or better yet, ask ADRIAN. He'll tell you.

The T-shirts about hate, love, and respect nailed the feelings of surrounding communities. Sinton is hated by many, not because of the kids and their success, but because of the attitude of the fans.

pirate4state
10-31-2002, 02:37 PM
http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/scratching_head.gif Geez, I just asked about predictions for the Oso-A/P game. Play nice, men.

Phil C
10-31-2002, 02:58 PM
I think A-P will beat West Oso by a touchdown. Yes I will be at the Sinton - Ingleside game Friday night! I predict Sinton will win by about 24 to 14.

Hannibal
10-31-2002, 03:11 PM
AP by 14 and Sinton by as many as they want.

SINTON81
10-31-2002, 04:17 PM
Hannibal, you talk about Sinton fans lacking humility. It sure isn't the Sinton fans on this board, who's throat you jumped all over, they have nothing but respect for the other teams.
What is it that you want? A Sinton fan says Sinton by 30 and you question his faith in the team, I bet if he was to say Sinton by 70 you would be saying he is being cocky and lacks humility, it would seem that way to me. It would look like if he was throwing it at the opponents face.

As for the word WE, as long as I say WE when Sinton wins and WE when Sinton loses then I don't see a problem with it, so go preach your philosophy to someone else.

<small>[ October 31, 2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

SINTON81
10-31-2002, 04:48 PM
Using Hannibal's logic:
A-P 30 vs Mathis 20. 30-20=10
W-O 13 vs Mathis 12. 13-12=1

10-1=9

I'll take A-P by 9.
I'll take Sinton by 7. Don't want to seem like I'm
not humble.
I'll take Calallen by 14.

Believe it or not I did all this without a calculator.

sinton66
10-31-2002, 07:22 PM
Ok Hannibal, NOW you're starting to get personal! Let me be the FIRST Sinton fan to say that you are full of crap! Most Sinton fans I know are very considerate classy people. All you have to do is ask the other posters on this board. I don't get WHICH fans you're talking about. I've only seen one on here that gets a little carried away with his predictions. Everybody else from Sinton has been reserved and respectful. I think you have some other kind of burr under your saddle. Got turned down for a coaching position at Sinton?

<small>[ October 31, 2002, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
10-31-2002, 10:53 PM
Hannibal:
Okay fellas, first of all, if Sinton is so great as everyone says, then why the hesitation about the Ingleside game? I agree with resting your starters, but if The Pirates are that good, then the starters should NOT make a difference. A good team will not lose anything when the backups go in. Don't give me any crap about wet fields and dry fields. Which one of you said play with the cards you are dealt? A truly good team should be able to play in a field that just had a rip plow go through it. Do you think the wet field did effect the other team? Last time I looked, both teams play on the same field.
Sintonpop,-- if you honestly believe that Sinton hasn't been scouted all year by possible playoff opponents, then you need to get a clue. How many scouts were at the GP, CUERO, and AP games? I willing to say more than you think. As to your logic, all I am saying is people from Sinton think Sinton is unbeatable. If this is true, then Sinton SHOULD be able to score at will. Are you saying that the almighty Sinton would not score on their basic plays? Tell that to the coaching staff and players and they will laugh at you. Also, don't go claiming a W if you are not part of the team. Give the kids and coaches the credit; they are the ones out there working their tails off, not the people who sit in the stands.
BDR, I don't care if Ingleside dields a team of all freshmen, when you play on Friday night, you are fair game. If you can't deal with it, get out.
Sinton66, as to your post. I graduated from Sinton in 89. Played baseball for Coach K. and Coach Y. Does it matter if I don't support the Pirates? No. Do I wish them ill? No. Do I think they are as good as they were last year? I know they are not.
SintonFan-- did you come up with the fact that everyone is trying to knock off the number 1 team all by yourself? Talk about flawless logic.No Hannibal, I did not come up with that by myself. 66 helped me. :D Do I sense some envy here? Don't let that chip on your shoulder sway any undue opinions. I mean, with you being a little bashful about it and all.

GOFOR2
10-31-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey Hannibal, you talk about class, and you obviously are an AP employee, well how classy was it of your community to post a "Go Back Home Taft" poster as you took a 41-14 thrashing at the hands of a far superior Sinton squad. Your disillusioned logic about team strength is purely relative. You base Sinton's strength not on whom we have beaten but on what the score was. I have not seen any area team beat squads of the caliber of G-P, Rice Consolidated and Cuero. The stength of schedule is obviously in Sinton's favor. You are comparing apples to oranges, this year's squad to last year's squad, and are failing to take notice of the bottom line. So what if AP scored twice on us, and so what if we are not scoring as much as we did last year, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and we are avg. 5.5 points a game, what is AP's average? So what if you played in Sinton, you obvioulsy have alot of bottled up resentment, maybe it is not the fans with the problem, maybe it is you with the problem.

sinton66
10-31-2002, 11:19 PM
And maybe, just MAYBE this joker is NOT who he claims to be. Something smells very fishy here. I think this is beginning to sound VERY familiar. What do you think SintonFan?

J.E.C.-MP
11-01-2002, 01:02 AM
I have to say that AP will beat West Oso. West Oso has a good defense with speed and some size. Oso played good defense against Mathis. Though West Oso's offense looked sloppy. They don't have a passing game and by my surprise a running game.
West Oso passed a hail mary scoring on 4th down in the final 2min's of play to go ahead of Mathis. Oso's defense held Mathis with an interception inside Oso's 40 for the win....I don't think Oso's defense can hold AP's running back (blake, I believe) for less than 3 touchdowns....Plus West Oso's offense will need to put points on the board to keep the game close. I don't think it will happen.
Aransas Pass - 24
West Oso - 6

SINTON81
11-01-2002, 01:38 AM
J.E.C.-MP, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me? Why did Mathis go for 2 points after thier first score? Newspaper only said pass failed, was it a called play or was there a bad snap that forced Mathis to go for 2. It seems to me that after Mathis missed that 2 point conversion it put them in a tough spot the rest of the game. Just wondering.

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

SintonFan
11-01-2002, 03:26 AM
It could be fishy. But I think someone just has some pent-up frustration. Maybe one trip too many to Peppers or another similiar late night establishment. :D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Hannibal
11-01-2002, 09:36 AM
Now that you are all riled up let me respond to a few things.
1. Sinton66-- you talk about class. I will be the first to admit the sign at the AP game was totally classless. Unfortunately, with as many move ins from Taft that Sinton has, it is a common feeling in our district. I want to know how classy it is for Sinton to bring their own PA system that drowns out the home team's announcer as well as playing music during the other school's alma mater and announcing that there is space for ads in the playoff program. Classy, huh?
By the way, if I was a coach, I would never coach at Sinton. Good athletes, but WAY too political.
SintonFAN--I was just stating the fact that you had to comment on what most people consider common knowledge. And if you can't recognize sarcasm when you read it, then maybe you need to get 66 to help you with that.
Go For Two-- I am not an employee at AP. Just follow them and was at the Sinton game. After what I saw at that game, and compared to what I saw at the Ingleside/AP game, that is what I based my logic on. My "disillusioned" logic, as you called it, is based on the FACT that I have seen Sinton and Ingleside play a COMMON opponent, AP. Who cares what strength of schedule is? Sinton has played some tought opponents this year. Just basing my opinion on what I have seen of Sinton this year as compared to last year's team. Can you honestly say that losing Marky and Jason, two known leaders of the team, has not made a difference? And yes, I do have a problem with credit not going to where and who deserves it, no matter what the team. As for when I played, I can honestly say, I have no regrets.

Didn't know my opinions rated so high on this board.

J.E.C.-MP
11-01-2002, 11:10 AM
SINTON81, from what I recall, it looks like it was a given. Mathis early in the game was inside Oso's 20 (I believe) and had to settle for a field goal. The kick wasn't even close.
After Mathis was able to score a touchdown, Mathis wasn't even lined up yet for the field goal and the ball was hiked to the holder, before I knew it the ball was thrown into the endzone incomplete. Looks like it was a called play.
I'm really not sure why they went for two points early on, but I think that it was due to the wet weather and West Oso's defense.....And I'm not sure if it was a good call or not..I hope that answered your question.

SintonFan
11-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Hannibal:
Now that you are all riled up let me respond to a few things.
1. Sinton66-- you talk about class. I will be the first to admit the sign at the AP game was totally classless. Unfortunately, with as many move ins from Taft that Sinton has, it is a common feeling in our district. I want to know how classy it is for Sinton to bring their own PA system that drowns out the home team's announcer as well as playing music during the other school's alma mater and announcing that there is space for ads in the playoff program. Classy, huh?
By the way, if I was a coach, I would never coach at Sinton. Good athletes, but WAY too political.
SintonFAN--I was just stating the fact that you had to comment on what most people consider common knowledge. And if you can't recognize sarcasm when you read it, then maybe you need to get 66 to help you with that.
Go For Two-- I am not an employee at AP. Just follow them and was at the Sinton game. After what I saw at that game, and compared to what I saw at the Ingleside/AP game, that is what I based my logic on. My "disillusioned" logic, as you called it, is based on the FACT that I have seen Sinton and Ingleside play a COMMON opponent, AP. Who cares what strength of schedule is? Sinton has played some tought opponents this year. Just basing my opinion on what I have seen of Sinton this year as compared to last year's team. Can you honestly say that losing Marky and Jason, two known leaders of the team, has not made a difference? And yes, I do have a problem with credit not going to where and who deserves it, no matter what the team. As for when I played, I can honestly say, I have no regrets.

Didn't know my opinions rated so high on this board.OK Hannibal...
I got together with 66 and we had a chuckle. Happy?
Did you read my post? I quote myself: "Don't forget, everyone is trying to knock off the no. 1 ranked team." You'd think you would have recognized the 'Don't forget' part might be aimed at the discussion per say, not as a revelation to be taken for notice in itself. It would seem you do have some frustration and a vendetta to boot. You ruffle a few feathers and next say "Didn't know my opinions rated so high on this board".
Delusional at worst. Sarcasm at best. Also, if you would have noticed, my responses had so much sarcasm you couldn't scratch it with a cutting torch. I responded to yours in kind.
None of us here are responsible for what happens at the games. I have never heard the Sinton PA system play over anyone's alma mater. Who gave you the right to speak for all of 30-3A? Many of the people I've talked to seem just as congenial toward Sinton as to others. Methinks this all goes back to a case of envy.

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Hannibal
11-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Glad you and 66 figured it out (to be read with sarcasm). Also glad you were able to read the sarcsm in the last line of my post. As for the PA system, it is bad when an AP coach has to tell them to stop playing music. YEs, yes, yes. I am a FAN of AP. And yes, that is the only Sinton game I have been to. I have watched Sinton play when the games are shown on Wednesday. Envy has nothing to do with it. as I have stated time and time again: THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS WITH THE LACK OF RESPECT AND HUMILITY THAT THE SINTON FANS HAVE.
None of you are responsible for what goes on at the games. I realize that, but should common sense dictate that the playing of music is okay, but not announcing other things or interrupting the opponent's alma mater.
Never said I was speaking for all of district 30-3A. We must not have talked to the same people since the people I spoke with were upset.

sinton66
11-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Ok Hannibal, here's a quote
THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS WITH THE LACK OF RESPECT AND HUMILITY THAT THE SINTON FANS HAVE.
This is the statement by you that I will always say is pure garbage! I don't know any Sinton fans that resemble the ones you describe here. You are full of crap! You obviously have something against Sinton, and I really don't CARE! I can't speak to the PA incident, I wasn't there, but I'm sure IF it happened, it was an accident.
Now, unless you pm me and tell me who you are and why I should continue conversing with you, it's into the MANUAL BOZO FILTER you go!

SintonFan
11-02-2002, 03:56 AM
Hannibal, let us put this behind us. I beleive this is behind us.
Let me be the first to extend an open hand of friendship! :D
I'm just a Sinton friend, huh? Let us all suppport 30-3a!!!

Hannibal
11-02-2002, 10:57 AM
SintonFan, AGREED. Would be nice to see D1 and D2 titles come to district 30-3A.

sinton66
11-02-2002, 11:26 AM
I will extend a hand of friendship also, but I give fair warning, I will take exception to the dissing of the Sinton fans on THIS statewide board. Our fans that are on HERE are not disrespectful of anyone. I have gotten numerous compliments from other posters about the class of Sinton fans on this site. There are some class acts on here, and some of them are indeed from Sinton. When you come on THIS site and diss Sinton fans, I have to assume your are targeting the Sinton fans on THIS site, which include myself, SintonFan, sinfan75, sintonpop, sinton81,district30-3apastplayer, Phil C, and the rest. If that was NOT your intention, then maybe you need a little articulation practice, much the same as me. If it's ME you have a problem with, then let's deal with that and leave the generalizations out of it.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Hannibal
11-02-2002, 03:43 PM
66, just sent you a PM. Ball is in your court. Have made my peace with 75. Never said I had a problem with you or anyone else. I stated who I had a problem with. You want to talk football, let's talk.

sinton66
11-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Ok, I re'd you, we have cleared the air, you know who I am, and now you also understand where I'm coming from. I'll be happy to discuss football with you.
I'll also be glad to help you at any time you have any other problems with any other Sinton people. Just don't do it on here, please. Feel free to pm me anytime you wish to.

Hannibal
11-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Deal.