PDA

View Full Version : LH Panther Mom...how about some.....

NastySlot
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
sub varsity scores....how did you all do?

Tailback
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Freshman- LH 22 Wimb 30.
From what I hear Liberty Hill gave the game away

J.V. LH 7 Wimb 21
LH has 5 or so turnovers

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Tailback

Yeah, right.

NastySlot
10-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Freshman- LH 22 Wimb 30.

J.V. LH 7 Wimb 21
LH has 5 or so turnovers

thanks...for the info.

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Freshman- LH 22 Wimb 30.

J.V. LH 7 Wimb 21
LH has 5 or so turnovers

Could it be possible that you just got beat by a better team that night.Did the players or coaches give the game away.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Could it be possible that you just got beat by a better team that night.Did the players or coaches give the game away.
Both teams played a very tough game with each matching the others' score. Neither was ever up by more than 8 and our defense even forced a punt in the first half.

Complaints? Announcing and one very untimely no-call on a roughing the kicker (FG attempt) very late in the 4th qtr. LH did NOT give the game away. And Wimberley did what was needed to win, after they benefited from the lack of penalty.

hookandladder
10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Both teams played a very tough game with each matching the others' score. Neither was ever up by more than 8 and our defense even forced a punt in the first half.

Complaints? Announcing and one very untimely no-call on a roughing the kicker (FG attempt) very late in the 4th qtr. LH did NOT give the game away. And Wimberley did what was needed to win, after they benefited from the lack of penalty.

Lack of penalty, what a way to lose.

firstdown
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Argyle 9th 34 Sanger 16 or something close to this
Argyle JV 48 Sanger 8

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Lack of penalty, what a way to lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIoVCWmAzE

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
LHPM...

I first saw the video and thought "Wow...how did the ref miss that???". Upon closer examination, it appears the ball was blocked, making the roughing the kicker void. Anyone else see it that way? Watch the video and give your view.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LHPM...

I first saw the video and thought "Wow...how did the ref miss that???". Upon closer examination, it appears the ball was blocked, making the roughing the kicker void. Anyone else see it that way? Watch the video and give your view.
It's possible - I can't tell. I used to know how to make it bigger but apparently I'm technologically challenged this morning.

lange4
10-24-2008, 09:12 AM
looks like kick is definately youched to me. no roughing

ccmom
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Watched it 3 times and I still can't really tell if it was blocked or if the flight of the ball was affected by the kicker getting clobbered. Oh...and I don't know how to make it bigger either, LHPM.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by lange4
looks like kick is definately youched to me. no roughing

I am not so sure making it bigger will help....you know how blury it gets....but it really does look like it was blocked. Remember the Cowboys game in OT against the Cardinals? The punter got clobbers...injured in fact...no flag, the ball was touched first. Hell, the ball never hit his foot!!!

By the way, the announcer thing you closed...I wasnt there, but thats just rude to not call the other team. In the games I have been to, they always call it both ways....but i havent been to a sub-Varsity game this year.

Second by the way....a couple of years ago, I thought the same thing in your stadium...until I found out he WAS calling out names and numbers...you just couldn't hear it!!! LOOLOLOO

Mustangpride09
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
The ball was pretty obviously blocked, that isnt roughing the kicker.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Watched it 3 times and I still can't really tell if it was blocked or if the flight of the ball was affected by the kicker getting clobbered. Oh...and I don't know how to make it bigger either, LHPM.

Even if the flight was affected by the kicker getting clobbered...that would mean he got clobbered BEFORE it left the ground...making it a legal hit.

ccmom
10-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Even if the flight was affected by the kicker getting clobbered...that would mean he got clobbered BEFORE it left the ground...making it a legal hit.

Good point!

jimmyceatworld
10-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Even though this doesn't go along with the discussion I saw "sub varsity scores" so I'm going to have to chime in. With less that a minute left my lil bro threw a 20 yard game winning touchdown pass for the freshman team. :D :clap: :D

Fairfield 6
Athens 0

wtfootball
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
The undefeated Monahans JV dominated Lamesa from start to finish, the undefeated season continues.

ccmom
10-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Even though this doesn't go along with the discussion I saw "sub varsity scores" so I'm going to have to chime in. With less that a minute left my lil bro threw a 20 yard game winning touchdown pass for the freshman team. :D :clap: :D

Fairfield 6
Athens 0 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds very exciting!! :)

NastySlot
10-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Fred. 9th Grade White 26, Hays Consolidated B 14
Fred. 9th Grade Red 49, Center Point JV 6
Fred JV 35 Ingram 6

NastySlot
10-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Fairfield 6
Athens 0

thats great...i like when people post like this and not belittle or knock kids and team.....

clemsmarina
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
LH 8th Purple 32 to Wimberley 16

LH 8th Gold 14 to Wimberley 6

LH Purple is undefeated on the year, while the LH Gold team only has 1 loss.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina

Who was their only lose to?

boba fett
10-24-2008, 09:56 AM

Fairfield 6
Athens 0

Nice

clemsmarina
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Who was their only lose to?

Brownwood.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina

Good job, boys! :clap:

I've seen it again with higher quality & from that vantage point, it doesn't appear that the ball was touched. Bottom line (IMO), we had not done what was needed up to that point to secure a win, though with the hard work by both teams & the score tied @ 22, that would have been a fitting end.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
The ball was pretty obviously blocked, that isnt roughing the kicker.

I think you are right, Mustangpride...I sent this link to football friends NOT associated with this board and who are not Wimberley fans per se'. Every indication from the less-than-perfect video is the ball was blocked....otherwise, how is it the ball went flying off to the left for only 20 yards or so, no higher than 15 feet! The LH coach goes ballistic, when he was RIGHT THERE.

With all due respect to LHPM, this is the kind of stuff that Wimberley has been accused of over and over with the "homer ref" claim. Of course I am not saying that EVERY claim of bad calls in Wimberley's favor were wrong, but I am saying that this video should serve as an example of the false claims levelled at us over and over again. In other words, we get about as many "homer calls" as the next guy. The refs are neutral at all games, in my opinion.

I am glad this video was posted. I hope more video's are taken tonight so we can discuss claims of bad calls (you know they are going to be made)...and if it looks like there is a bad call, I will be the first to admit it. But this isnt one of them.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Tough call to make on that. Wish there was video from other side.

From what I saw, you have to trust the ref to have made the right call as he was right there. Could be wrong, but that's the decision I've come to.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Tough call to make on that. Wish there was video from other side.

From what I saw, you have to trust the ref to have made the right call as he was right there.

And THERE inlies the problem with many teams/fans.....

Emerson1
10-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Should of made the kick instead of trying to get the refs to bail you out.

Rocket Dad
10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Robinson 9th beat LaVega - 20-6
Robinson JV beat LaVega - 15-14

The LaVega JV team was 7-0 before last night.

Bullaholic
10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Forgive me, LHPM, but I can't keep from laughing everytime the name of this thread keeps flashing up in the No. 1 position on my screen and I see it over and over. :D

ccmom
10-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Forgive me, LHPM, but I can't keep from laughing everytime the name of this thread keeps flashing up in the No. 1 position on my screen and I see it over and over. :D

Hysterical! Thanks for pointing that out...needed the laugh today!

All out CAT
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Everything is going to be alright folks! Lattimore and Co. will go out and do what they do. Panther fans will be traveling home honkin' horns, meeting for 5th quarter (please let me know where the adult beverages are going to be, Firstcat) and just looking forward to the next game.

This game will great with all of the emotions going around on "bad" calls, "no" calls, etc. But in the end them-there Panther's will once again be able to walk with the chest sticking out. :stirpot:

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Everything is going to be alright folks! Lattimore and Co. will go out and do what they do. Panther fans will be traveling home honkin' horns, meeting for 5th quarter (please let me know where the adult beverages are going to be, Firstcat) and just looking forward to the next game.

This game will great with all of the emotions going around on "bad" calls, "no" calls, etc. But in the end them-there Panther's will once again be able to walk with the chest sticking out. :stirpot:

Well said All Out Cat...I am hoping our young team puts up a fight worthy of this rivalry, even though the "stats" say this shouldnt be close. Regardless, your boys will have the right to walk out proud...I have never seen nor heard of the LH players EVER having anything to hang their heads about...even after we beat them!!!

Rocket
10-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I think you are right, Mustangpride...I sent this link to football friends NOT associated with this board and who are not Wimberley fans per se'. Every indication from the less-than-perfect video is the ball was blocked....otherwise, how is it the ball went flying off to the left for only 20 yards or so, no higher than 15 feet! The LH coach goes ballistic, when he was RIGHT THERE.

With all due respect to LHPM, this is the kind of stuff that Wimberley has been accused of over and over with the "homer ref" claim. Of course I am not saying that EVERY claim of bad calls in Wimberley's favor were wrong, but I am saying that this video should serve as an example of the false claims levelled at us over and over again. In other words, we get about as many "homer calls" as the next guy. The refs are neutral at all games, in my opinion.

I am glad this video was posted. I hope more video's are taken tonight so we can discuss claims of bad calls (you know they are going to be made)...and if it looks like there is a bad call, I will be the first to admit it. But this isnt one of them.

I agree 100%. Trust me... there are bad calls and some that will alter a game, but in this case, it was a good no-call. That video is a bad example of homer ref syndrome.

TexanAlum_06
10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah really the homer ref talk is really pathetic to be honest. Its just an excuse. and it is an excuse that every LH fan will throw at you until they are purple in the face if they lose a game. I have respect for LHPM and most of the LH fans on this board. BUT "IF" LH happens to go down in defeat tonight a lot of posters on this board will be reminded that LH's fanbase are some of the biggest sore losers on the DL and you will hear every excuse in the world why they lost except maybe the fact that they just got outplayed or outcoached....

Im not trying to get anybody upset or anything. I guess just the Homer Ref talk gets a little bit old as an excuse.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I agree 100%. Trust me... there are bad calls and some that will alter a game, but in this case, it was a good no-call. That video is a bad example of homer ref syndrome.

Thanks, Wimbo_Rocket.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I guess just the Homer Ref talk gets a little bit old as an excuse.
I never said "homer". I would have thought it was a poor "no-call" if it had been here, from the vantage point I had. Again, we had not done what was necessary UP TO THAT POINT to get the win. Wimberley did what was necessary AFTER that point to do so. I try not to comment on officiating, and the few times I do, I always regret it because it turns into "you're a sore loser". :(

I have a much bigger problem with the idiot announcer. But that's another thread that I locked. :mad:

Bullaholic
10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Yeah really the homer ref talk is really pathetic to be honest. Its just an excuse. and it is an excuse that every LH fan will throw at you until they are purple in the face if they lose a game. I have respect for LHPM and most of the LH fans on this board. BUT "IF" LH happens to go down in defeat tonight a lot of posters on this board will be reminded that LH's fanbase are some of the biggest sore losers on the DL and you will hear every excuse in the world why they lost except maybe the fact that they just got outplayed or outcoached....

Im not trying to get anybody upset or anything. I guess just the Homer Ref talk gets a little bit old as an excuse.

Just a general comment, if I might......

I think we all have fans who do not lose gracefully in our fanbases. Liberty Hill certainly does not have a monopoly on that. It all goes back to whether or not we believe that the bad actions of a few----fans, coaches, or players--- is represenative of the majority. Overwhelmingly, in most cases, it is not, and most fans know this to be closer to the truth.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
TexasAlumni...you didnt say anything about the video...

TexanAlum_06

I think we all have fans who do not lose gracefully in our fanbases. Liberty Hill certainly does not have a monopoly on that. It all goes back to whether or not we believe that the bad actions of a few----fans, coaches, or players--- is represenative of the majority. Overwhelmingly, in most cases, it is not, and most fans know this to be closer to the truth.

I can agree with that. everybody can be a sore loser at some point.

Rocket

I agree and on the other side of the homer ref argument, there are cases in which bad calls will swing a game. The ultimate factor is you have 48 minutes (Varisty) to make sure it doesn't come down to one bad call and in the case that it does, pray it goes your way. :D

TexanAlum_06
10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
But then again, Im also a realist. even though Im a big Texan/Longhorn/Cowboy fan. when any of those teams lose I will be the first to admit it that we got it handed to us and give credit to the other team. Maybe most of you LH fans just aint realists! ;) :p

All out CAT
10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
It's going to get "real" at 7:30

ShortDog68
10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
This is the Best Class since this year's senior bunch. We will be the best on all level's for many years to come. The odd thing is we have athletes in "other" sports besides football that could greatly add to our impressive and accomplished athletics program.

Just kick back & relax, more rings...bling...bling...

wimbo_pro
10-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
This is the Best Class since this year's senior bunch. We will be the best on all level's for many years to come. The odd thing is we have athletes in "other" sports besides football that could greatly add to our impressive and accomplished athletics program.

Just kick back & relax, more rings...bling...bling...

huh? Are you saying you will be "the best" for years to come? You mean state champs for years to come? and what other sports have you won a state title in? How many? Methinks you are bit punch drunk with your recent football success.