PDA

View Full Version : Matthew ... are you going?

fwisd
02-24-2003, 06:43 PM
...to the Dunbar/Burkburnett game tomorrow night? Gonna be the boys from the Eastside in this one.

Matthew328
02-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Nope I'll be at the Everman game..I was at the Dunbar game on Saturday though..Dunbar beats Burk easy

fwisd
02-25-2003, 07:12 AM
Oops, I'm behind - didn't realize Everman played same time - good luck. Yeah - the folks from Burk will get to see some real basketball. Glad for their own sake they are playing at TCU - what went on last year when we played them would have incited a riot from the Dunbar fans. Students standing on the edge of the floor yelling racial slurs, fans in the bleachers making motions of picking cotton, Burk parent screaming at a group of our students following their loss. It was terrible. And, I don't think they had a clue that they were behaving improperly. That's the scary part. They will be a little more removed from the game at Daniel-Meyer and that will probably be best. I'm sure Dunbar will draw a huge crowd if they can get there. Many of my kids are planning to go.

Matthew328
02-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Dunbar had a big crowd at Saturday's game at UNT..man they travel well!

fwisd
02-25-2003, 12:28 PM
They surely do - much better than our Eastern Hills folks. We get a football crowd if we play at Handley Field (which is where all of our "home" games should be played) or for basketball if we are playing Dunbar, Poly or Wyatt. Our people just don't go out to watch just "any" basketball game. LOL They wanna see a really good one. I wish when they schedule home games for football they would consider which stadiums are closer to who. It would definitely help attendance which helps the "budget". Not too mention neighborhood support, school spirit, etc. For football, we get more fans when we play Everman than when we play some teams in our district.

<small>[ February 25, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: fwisd ]</small>

Keith7
02-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I didn't think Burkburnett was good at any sports

fwisd
02-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Well, when you take 3 teams to the playoffs from each district - in some districts half of the schools get to go.

Matthew328
02-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Burkburnett has always been strong at boys basketball....they have a good team again this year..but they don't have enough to hang with Dunbar..