PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Reporter News Picks Sweetwater to clobber Snyder

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
by one point.:D

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/oct/23/mustangs-vs-tigers-a-duel-of-ground-troops/

Game of the Week: Mustangs vs. Tigers a duel of ground troops
Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Big Country Game of the Week tends to gravitate toward ground-oriented, physical football games, and this week's Sweetwater/Snyder matchup is no exception.

The Game of the Week also tends to gravitate to the area's most difficult game to pick.

Again, no exception here.

Sweetwater (6-1, 2-0 District 2-3A) enters with the better record and hasn't lost since dropping its season opener at Burkburnett.

Snyder (5-2, 1-1) saw a five-game winning streak snapped in a tough 18-14 loss to Wylie last week, but is clearly playing at a higher level than it did during a season-opening loss to Big Spring.

Oddly enough this shapes up as a borderline playoff eliminator for both teams.

If Sweetwater loses here, it will likely have to beat a very good Brownwood team on the road or Wylie at home to reach the playoffs.

If Snyder loses, it must avoid an upset loss to Breckenridge next week, then beat Brownwood to keep its season alive.

The bottom line is, the winner of this game will have a hefty advantage over the loser in the quest for the league's third playoff spot.

Turnovers will decide the outcome here. But it's difficult to pick against Sweetwater, which dismantled a solid Clyde team (24-6) on Sept. 19, and the same Big Spring team (28-7) which beat Snyder.

Pick: Sweetwater by 1

Snyder_TigerFan
10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
That was a heck of a write up for a game of the week. I hope they have a little more tomorrow.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like Abilene Wylie and Brownwood are going to the playoffs!

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
That was a heck of a write up for a game of the week. I hope they have a little more tomorrow.

Why doesn't anybody post the pre and post game articles from
the Snyder paper? I tried to access it before and it said I had
to buy a subsription. Are there no posters from Snyder that are
subscribers to the on-line addititon?

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
subscribers to the on-line addititon? On line addition :eek: then what would a man take to the library?:thinking::D

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
And you know who writes them so don't you think they might be a little slanted?:D :D

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And you know who writes them so don't you think they might be a little slanted?:D :D

I'm kinda curious as to how good he is.:thinking:

Also I have Dave Campbell's within arms reach in my library.:D

Rocket
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
subscribers to the on-line addititon?

This would be against the rules of the 3A Downlow. Pay for it if you care so much, you cheapskate.:taunt:

BTW, I don't think the Snyder paper is going to pick Sweetwater. If I was a betting man, I would probably say they are going to pick Snyder. Not Nastradmus, by any means, just a hunch.:taunt:

ccmom
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Not Nastradmus, by any means, just a hunch.:taunt:

And you're not NOSTRADAMUS either! ;)

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
And you're not NOSTRADAMUS either! ;) :stirpot: :stirpot: And good at it I might add. :thumbsup:

ccmom
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
:stirpot: :stirpot: And good at it I might add. :thumbsup:

Coming from you, I will definitely take that as a compliment! ;)

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Coming from you, I will definitely take that as a compliment! ;) :kiss: :thumbsup: I like it, I like it a lot especially since I've already had my turn and can just sit back and http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif.

:D

ccmom
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
:kiss: :thumbsup: I like it, I like it a lot especially since I've already had my turn and can just sit back and http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif.

:D If I could make it to Snyder tomorrow night, that's where I'd be with my popcorn, but I will be freezing my "bulldog" off in Breckenridge. :(

Rocket
10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Coming from you, I will definitely take that as a compliment! ;)

Oh goodness.. you got me on the spellcheck..:rolleyes: Can't believe I didn't know the spelling for the commonly used word NOSTRADAMUS.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh goodness.. you got me on the spellcheck..:rolleyes: Can't believe I didn't know the spelling for the commonly used word NOSTRADAMUS.

Don't worry about it! If you ask the mods nicely we can probably get you enrolled in 3ADL's famous remedial spelling program!

Rocket
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't worry about it! If you ask the mods nicely we can probably get you enrolled in 3ADL's famous remedial spelling program!

Spelling is my strongpoint, well, for common words.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Spelling is my strongpoint, well, for common words.

You only get so many misspelled words before your account is suspended! So be careful with the big words!

ccmom
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh goodness.. you got me on the spellcheck..:rolleyes: Can't believe I didn't know the spelling for the commonly used word NOSTRADAMUS. Actually, I only noticed the error because I was surprised that you would use such a word. But don't worry, Rocky, given the accuracy of most of your "predictions", I don't think you need to be concerned about people comparing you to Nostadamus! :cool:

Rocket
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Actually, I only noticed the error because I was surprised that you would use such a word. But don't worry, Rocky, given the accuracy of most of your "predictions", I don't think you need to be concerned about people comparing you to Nostadamus! :cool:

You mean Nostradamus?

ccmom
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
You mean Nostradamus?

Very good...that was a test...and you passed!! :)