PDA

View Full Version : Parents and Grandparents Scoldings...

Bullaholic
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
What are some of the words or phrases that your parents or your grandparents used to use on you when you little and being bad? Or maybe that you use on your own kids.

My grandmother used to say--"I'm going to go out and get me a switch off from a tree".

My kids used to say- "That's not fair." I answered--"Who ever told you this was a democracy?"

CHS_89
10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What are some of the words or phrases that your parents or your grandparents used to use on you when you little and being bad? Or maybe that you use on your own kids.

My grandmother used to say--"I'm going to go out and get me a switch off from a tree".

My kids used to say- "That's not fair." I answered--"Who ever told you this was a democracy?"

Funny!! My grandmother said "go pick out your own switch" and I'd bring back a small twig. LOL. I got in worse trouble after saying that. Also, when dad said "Go get my belt", I knew I was in for it.

JR2004
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I had an "Oma" and if she got mad she'd just talk in German. She didn't get mad too often though.

Necks_Fan
10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which fills up first.

Old Dog
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Love the Bill Cosby line , " I brought you into this world; I can take you out"!

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
My mom: "Just wait til your dad gets home!"

That would put the fear of God in us because my mom NEVER forgot!!

The sound of that belt ripping out of its beltloops still sends chills down my spine!!!:eek: :eek:

And.....Because I SAID SO....that's WHY!!!

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
After the dumb everybody's doing it.

"So, if everbody else jumps off a cliff are you going to follow them?"

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 09:03 PM
I remember hearing the story that wimpy's parents had to tie a pork chop around his ankle so the dog would play with him.:devil: :devil:

lakers
10-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My mom: "Just wait til your dad gets home!"

The sound of that belt ripping out of its beltloops still sends chills down my spine!!!:eek: :eek:

I heard that several times when I was a kid, and just about immediately started cryin to see if it would get me out of it, but it never worked. Running and hiding never works, I always got it worse then...:helpme:

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Love the Bill Cosby line , " I brought you into this world; I can take you out"!
Agreed! :clap: :clap: :D

Trashman
10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
My Father: Son..... as long as you put your feet under my dinner table, your going to do what I tell you.

Me: Yes Sir...

My Father: If you ever get arrested do not waste your one phone call on me.

Me: Yes Sir.....

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
My Father: Son..... as long as you put your feet under my dinner table, your going to do what I tell you.

Me: Yes Sir...

My Father: If you ever get arrested do not waste your one phone call on me.

Me: Yes Sir..... My Gramps (who I live with) always told me, if I screwed up and did something like get arrested.... I had better not call him because I wouldn't have a place to go home to.

So, in a nut shell, it's almost the same thing.

Trashman
10-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
My Gramps (who I live with) always told me, if I screwed up and did something like get arrested.... I had better not call him because I wouldn't have a place to go home to.

So, in a nut shell, it's almost the same thing.

Sounds like a good and wise man. It sure put the fear of God in me and I never received anything more than a speeding ticket. I knew he ment business, besides if it ever did happen I had other people I could call.:D But why tempt fate!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Sounds like a good and wise man. It sure put the fear of God in me and I never received anything more than a speeding ticket. I knew he ment business, besides if it ever did happen I had other people I could call.:D But why tempt fate! Lol. The only thing I have ever got from a police officer is a warning for driving a four wheeler on the road. Never even been pulled over in the 2+ yrs I have been driving (a truck). (Knock on wood)

But, my little brother got arrested for stealing from Wal-Mart and then running from the cops and Security. (13 yrs old)

Needless to say, that didn't go over too well with the family. He had to pay restitution, court costs, and everything else out of his own pocket. Took him about 3 weeks to earn enough money for that.

He also, didn't see anything besides school, football practice, and the walls of his room for about 2 months.

He, uh, well, didn't steal anymore.:)

firstdown
10-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Dads favorite was:

If your gonna be dumb ... you gotta be tuff.

Rabbit'93
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
"Because I'm the adult and you're the child".

Bullaholic
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Once, years ago, when I picked my dad up in my old pickup, which I'd hadn't washed or cleaned up in a while, my dad asked before he got in---"Son, do I need a Tetanus before I get in?".