PDA

View Full Version : Pick your teams

OldBison75
10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
If you could pick three games to play in a week zero 3A spectacular in 2009, who would you pick and why.

My picks would be Caldwell vs Liberty Hill to watch two pretty good Slot T teams grindout a game. It would be interesting because both teams would know how to try and defense the other. This would probably be a power game that would be the shortest in history with the clock running on all those running plays.

I would also love to see a Abilene Wylie and Celina matchup to watch the two traditional powers face off. I have never seen Wylie play, but I guarantee they will put on a show.

I also think the third game would be West Orange Stark playing against Gilmer. Two top programs, two great coaching staffs, and lots of great athletes. This would be a very entertaining game with lots of everything from strong ground games to trick plays.

There are others that could be considered, but I think these would all be headliner type games.

trojan37
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Celina vs. Cuero
Liberty Hill vs. La Vega
Wylie vs. Celina

And I would like to see all of these just for the mere fact they would all be great games.

I_DONT_CARE
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I WOULD HAVE PICKED SWEETWATER AND SNYDER BUT ALL THOSE FOLKS HAVE GOTTEN TOO HUGGY KISSY TOUCHY FEELY. MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE.

I'LL HAVE TO COGiTATE ON THIS.

bona fide
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Stark vs Gilmer! It might could happen this year!

Wylie vs Cuero - oh wait...seen that one already!

Wylie vs Celina is a good pick. I've never seen Celina play, are they any good?

Bullaholic
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Celina v Bridgeport ---That way we would not have to argue who won the scrimmages.

Bridgeport v Liberty Hill---I would love to see that slot-T and one of the most prolific spread offenses collide.

Bridgeport v Cuero---Just to see a game with another school that brings a great following and tradition, and is from the South.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Celina v Bridgeport ---That way we would not have to argue who won the scrimmages.

Bridgeport v Liberty Hill---I would love to see that slot-T and one of the most prolific spread offenses collide.

Bridgeport v Cuero---Just to see a game with another school that brings a great following and tradition, and is from the South.

B'port would be worn out playing three games in one week!

Bullaholic
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
B'port would be worn out playing three games in one week!

LOL. Nah, we could handle all 3 of those lightweights in one day, easy. :D

Some of those matchups could be a reality later on in the playoffs this year if everything goes right.

trojan37
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Will Bridgeport go DII?

coach
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Fairfield vs. Mexia
Liberty Hill vs. Celina
Gilmer zs. Cuero

Bullaholic
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Will Bridgeport go DII?

Yep---Burkburnett and Decatur both have larger enrollments and right now it looks like Burk has the inside track on D1, and Decatur still has a shot, but will most likely go D2 if they make it.

garciap77
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Navasota vs Wylie!

Rocket
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
If you could pick three games to play in a week zero 3A spectacular in 2009, who would you pick and why.

My picks would be Caldwell vs Liberty Hill to watch two pretty good Slot T teams grindout a game. It would be interesting because both teams would know how to try and defense the other. This would probably be a power game that would be the shortest in history with the clock running on all those running plays.

I would also love to see a Abilene Wylie and Celina matchup to watch the two traditional powers face off. I have never seen Wylie play, but I guarantee they will put on a show.

I also think the third game would be West Orange Stark playing against Gilmer. Two top programs, two great coaching staffs, and lots of great athletes. This would be a very entertaining game with lots of everything from strong ground games to trick plays.

There are others that could be considered, but I think these would all be headliner type games.

Bridgeport vs. Brownwood (this year more than next year)
Celina vs. Prosper (I want to see Celina get beat in Week 0)
Liberty Hill vs. Navasota

I would fall asleep if I had to watch Wylie play again. Yawn. They are efective and effecient, that is about it.

ratherbfishin
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Wylie vs WOS
La Vega vs La Vernia
LH #1 Offense vs LH #1 Defense

The last game probably be the best one...:p