PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Bucs

piratebg
10-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Your thoughts guys. I've been up all night watching Sports Center and Cowboys take up a lot of air time. Romo is a out until after the bye which means Brad Johnson will be leading the team against the Bucs and the Giants. The good thing is the Cowboys will be back home for Tampa Bay, but how will the offense do against this defense? Aside from Romo, the Cowboys will also be without Felix Jones(should return after bye), Anthony Spencer(also out until after bye), Terence Newman(out 3 weeks), and Kyle Kosier(not sure on his overall status).

29-3aFAN
10-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Bucs by 13

sinton66
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Johnson beats his performance last week by throwing four picks and giving away two fumbles. Tampa Bay in another blowout. Have I mentioned how much Johnson SUCKS?

raider red 2000
10-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Johnson beats his performance last week by throwing four picks and giving away two fumbles. Tampa Bay in another blowout. Have I mentioned how much Johnson SUCKS?

4 picks and 2 fumbles????

i see it more like

3 picks and 3 fumbles :)

but i dont have faith in Romo either.

Trashman
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
It will be bad, just like last week; and it will feel like.......................

http://teft.mimiandteft.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/kicknut.jpg

sinton66
10-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Gonna be a painful stretch for the next 3 weeks. How much Geritol can an "NFL QB" legally ingest? Johnson may have to have an IV.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 11:40 AM
This might be the most pivotal game of the year. A win here could keep the Cowboys above water and buy them time until the return of Romo. A loss makes them a .500 team and with a very tough stretch awaiting them, Dallas would be in danger of missing the playoffs.

JR2004
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Dallas wins this week.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Dallas wins this week.

I'll be at the game cheering them on, hope that helps!

Macarthur
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be there, too.

I'm hopeful that after a week under his belt and more reps, Johnson will be better.

When he played in the pre-season, he looked decent. I can't imagine the guy all the suddent can't play one month later.

Bearkat
10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Everything about Brad Johnson looked terrible. He's too slow and his arm looked awful. There was no velocity on his football. With that being said my heart says take the COWBOYS but my money says take the bucs.

Trashman
10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
From the DMN

We know what Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. We heard him say that head coach Wade Phillips will finish the season. But don't put all your stock in those words. The Dallas Morning News is suggesting fans wait at least two weeks before believing Phillips is safe until after Game 16.

The Morning News asked what might happen if: If the Cowboys lose to Tampa Bay and then get blown out by the New York Giants? Dallas would've lost three consecutive games, five of six and be under .500 at 4-5 for the first time since losing the opener to Jacksonville in 2006, a span of 40 games.

Is that going to sit well with an owner who spent millions on a Super Bowl or bust mentality?

At that point, Jones will be looking for something dramatic to change the team's fortunes and build some momentum going into his billion-dollar stadium in 2009. He might decide Jason Garrett is the answer.

Garrett is not the sexy pick he would have been even a month ago because the offense is struggling, the team is losing and it's not like he has a dynamic stage presence.

Desperate times, however, call for desperate measures.

No one knows what the owner is going to do no matter what he says. The next two weeks, though, should reveal some answers.

cshscougar08
10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I know Johnson sucks, but it's not all his fault. The offensive line looked terrible last week and there ain't a problem with them. Against Tampa's very physical defense, they have to be on their A game or the Cowboys might need another QB. That said, I think the Bucs will win this one, and I will continue to enjoy this suffering that Dallas is going through. :D

kaorder1999
10-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Though I hate to say it, Id be SHOCKED if Dallas could beat the Bucs. Dont see it happening!

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Somebody not named Brad Johnson should start at QB!

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
NFL now days is all about right when you think something will happen, the exact opposite happens

I think Dallas wins this one. It will not be pretty it will not have alot of exciting plays, but I think Dallas at least for one week rallies and pulls out a 14-13 win

Macarthur
10-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Everything about Brad Johnson looked terrible. He's too slow and his arm looked awful. There was no velocity on his football. With that being said my heart says take the COWBOYS but my money says take the bucs.

He didn't look good, but he looked fine in pre-season. Did he all of the sudden get too old in 6 weeks?

I think they just got behind the 8-ball in St. Louis and thing snowballed. I think he'll be better this week.

As I've said before, there's enough talent on this team for Johnson to win some games for them. If the team around him plays well, Johnson can make enough plays for them to win.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Dont laugh :doh:

But Dallas Cowboys will put up 40+ points on the Bucs and win 45-17 :cheerl: :stirpot:

After the game see if you still laughing :D

ivchris
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Gonna go out on a limb..........Johnson with a great game and Cowboys win.

trojan37
10-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I feel the same way T.O. does about the Cowboys right now.........

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/54/23254-350.jpg

piratebg
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Right now, I'm hoping for the best, so I am gonna say.....

Cowboys 27
Bucs 21

popcorn screen
10-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Cowboys 35 Bucs 17