PDA

View Full Version : The Cleveland Indians

WOS1
10-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Not much has been said about these guys, but they are playing some good ball. They have only given up 21 points which includes a shut out of a 5A team. Anyone know more about them?

bona fide
10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
The baseball team?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2008, 10:46 PM
:thinking: i had them on my rankings but must have seen the wrong cleveland team(tarkington) lose and dropped them out. They looked like they been playing great with all those shut outs and big margin wins.

Necks_Fan
10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by bona fide
The baseball team? No, Cleveland texas' football team. They are undefeated but get no love because they have no supporters on here.

WylieBulldog92
10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
They're no wear near as good as they were on Major League

nasa1
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
the indians seem to be playing well right now and will be tested last district game vs coldspring. i think if they go big school they will face WOS and if they go small school, they will play Hardin Jefferson, just my thought; however, best of luck to all.

bona fide
10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Wouldn't WOS go DII?

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I believe that they run the slot t.

bona fide
10-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Cleveland Indians - After a hard start, the Cleveland Indians started to gel in their new Wing T offense last season, turning an 0-5 start into a playoff berth after going 4-1 in district. This year's team returns all of its skill position players with 9 returning on offense. RB Benny Wright and RB Jamaul Gibson are fast and agile backs that will give linebackers fits, and LB Steven Robertson is a load when installed at fullback if they follow last years successes. Defensively, with 7 starters returning, Robertson will lead an experienced unit into battle in a rather weak district. Look for the Cleveland Indians to make some noise this year and win an outright district title.

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Cleveland Indians - After a hard start, the Cleveland Indians started to gel in their new Wing T offense last season, turning an 0-5 start into a playoff berth after going 4-1 in district. This year's team returns all of its skill position players with 9 returning on offense. RB Benny Wright and RB Jamaul Gibson are fast and agile backs that will give linebackers fits, and LB Steven Robertson is a load when installed at fullback if they follow last years successes. Defensively, with 7 starters returning, Robertson will lead an experienced unit into battle in a rather weak district. Look for the Cleveland Indians to make some noise this year and win an outright district title.

Thanks, its the wing t....got ya

navscanmaster
10-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I am a sort of Cleveland bandwagonner. I am pulling for them. If either Splendora or Huffman makes the playoffs, they will go DII.

trojandad
10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
i think coach tullos has done a great job, not only getting more kids involved in the program there but maintaining discipline which was a school problem in past years (am a graduate from there). coach tullos is building such a great rep there i think it's gonna be hard for cleveland to keep him there before long....

since liberty, shepherd and tarkington have played themselves out of playoff contention, cleveland, coldspring, huffman and splendora are left. if coldspring beats splendora this fri, huffman and splendora will be fighting for the third playoff spot, meaning cleveland will go DII. the coldspring/cleveland game the next week will determine the DII spots each have....

cleveland is on a roll and could make some noise, especially since their defense is their strength....i made an earlier remark that i didn't see them as a top 25 team but also said i am often wrong....defense wins championships....coldspring lost to diboll be a couple and diboll looks like they always do....if cleveland beats coldspring by a lot, i'll put them on my 25 fast....if they lose, and if scott has another big game at fullback against cleveland's defense, i think they should peek in the lower 25 and it'll set up cleveland/wos in the first round.....

good luck, indians....

setxsports
10-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't WOS go DII? Yes

WOS87
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM
It's difficult to really judge how good they really are as they have the lowest strength of schedule in 3A (their 6 opponents have a combined record of 7-27). Their closest game so far was a 10 point win over Huffman. It will be a real litmus test to see how they fare against Coldspring.

Cleveland 48, Bryan Rudder (0-6) 0
Cleveland 69, Shepherd (0-5) 3
Cleveland 46, Liberty (0-5) 7
Cleveland 30, (5A) New Caney (1-5) 0
Cleveland 22, Hardin-Jefferson (3-3) 0
Cleveland 21, Huffman Hargrave (3-3) 11

trojandad
10-23-2008, 03:01 PM
common opponents with coldspring are the following:

coldspring 30 huffman 14
coldspring 49 shepherd 18

both coldspring and cleveland played huffman as away games and shepherd as home games....huffman had a decent defense and a lesser offense....not much speed but big, strong lineman as they usually have.....

just not enough comparisons up until now, cleveland has tarkington this weekend and coldspring has splendora at home....

the cleveland/coldspring game will be at cleveland.....

WOS1
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I would like to see the Coldspring/Cleveland game...

trojandad
10-23-2008, 04:24 PM
we lost big to you guys last year in dayton and i was sorry you guys didn't see scott play more, as he had a bad bum knee that game....the kid has been 6'5", over 225 since 8th grade and we rode him to the basketball regional finals his first two years, losing both times to teams we had beaten earlier in the year....

when he's healthy like now, he's really a load up the middle which makes us look faster around the end....from what i have seen it appears cleveland has people in prime places as fast as we are but we appear to have better overall speed with more people....i like cleveland's defensive scheme better....i liked our quarterback better, he's really hard to rattle when things are rolling good or bad....

cleveland's line appears slightly bigger and they sure have more to choose from than coldspring, the line might be the difference....i believe it'll come down to scott's play at middle linebacker and fullback, coldspring kinda goes as he goes....if play on one side of the line charges him up, he carries it to the other side.....if cleveland slows him down, i believe they will win....

BU97
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Cleveland is really good and they are going to keep getting better, the best kids are real young. They came to play against us (New Caney) and beat our butt. They played about as good as they could and we played as bad as we could, HOWEVER I dont know if we could have stopped them consistently on a good night. We could have scored some points if our WRs could have caught the ball, but the front 7 was tough.

mistanice
10-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
we lost big to you guys last year in dayton and i was sorry you guys didn't see scott play more, as he had a bad bum knee that game....the kid has been 6'5", over 225 since 8th grade and we rode him to the basketball regional finals his first two years, losing both times to teams we had beaten earlier in the year....

when he's healthy like now, he's really a load up the middle which makes us look faster around the end....from what i have seen it appears cleveland has people in prime places as fast as we are but we appear to have better overall speed with more people....i like cleveland's defensive scheme better....i liked our quarterback better, he's really hard to rattle when things are rolling good or bad....

cleveland's line appears slightly bigger and they sure have more to choose from than coldspring, the line might be the difference....i believe it'll come down to scott's play at middle linebacker and fullback, coldspring kinda goes as he goes....if play on one side of the line charges him up, he carries it to the other side.....if cleveland slows him down, i believe they will win....

coldspring's middle linebacker is something else. He was all over the place during the Diboll game. Has some good speed with his size. He was able to run down the Diboll QB most of the time

mistanice
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone know where I can see a Cleveland roster online? There's a kid that transferred from Diboll to Cleveland and hear he's doing pretty well. He was about 6'4 and at WR.

trojandad
10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
i know the houston chronicle site has some type of roster on cleveland.....

www.chron.com