PDA

View Full Version : Bcs

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:29 PM
This argument came up on ESPN2(1st and ten). They are arguing that between PSU, UT, and Alabama, if they go undefeated, which will not be included in the national championship?

IDK what they guy's name is but he is saying Texas simply because the big 12 as a whole is 7-8 against other conferences, what does the other unranked teams in the big 12 have to do with Texas?

I think PSU will be forgotten because the Big 10 is just as weak as the Mountain West. If 'bama stays undefeated they will automatically get a bid because the SEC is overrated.

Whats your opinion? dont be gay

Gsquared
10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr Beefy
This argument came up on ESPN2(1st and ten). They are arguing that between PSU, UT, and Alabama, if they go undefeated, which will not be included in the national championship?

IDK what they guy's name is but he is saying Texas simply because the big 12 as a whole is 7-8 against other conferences, what does the other unranked teams in the big 12 have to do with Texas?

I think PSU will be forgotten because the Big 10 is just as weak as the Mountain West. If 'bama stays undefeated they will automatically get a bid because the SEC is overrated.

Penn State out, Texas and Bama in. Its a no brainer. SEC and Big 12 have more ranked teams. Whoever makes it thru the SEC and the Big 12 , are pretty salty teams. Whoever makes it out of the Big 10 is a decent team with an automatic BCS Bowl bid and thats it.

swstangs001
10-22-2008, 12:33 PM

it will be penn state, overall i agree with what youre saying, if texas wins out they will have beaten many ranked teams and many teams that were in the top 10 at some point during the year, also penn states only true test will be ohio state

Pick6
10-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Penn St will be left out. Big 10 has no Big 10 Champioinship game like the Big 12 and the SEC does. That will hurt the Big 10 in the end.

gatordaze
10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
it will be penn state, overall i agree with what youre saying, if texas wins out they will have beaten many ranked teams and many teams that were in the top 10 at some point during the year, also penn states only true test will be ohio state

You really think an undefeated JoePa will denied a swan song? I think that Alabama will get left out and I am an SEC guy.

forum_guy
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM

dude i watched 1st and 10 and the guy left texas out because he figures texas will lose a big 12 game...and he mentioned nothing about that other record against other people...mike and mike agreed 3 undefeated, penn state is left out...greenburg said penn state in the championship because he said texas wont go through undefeated

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
You really think an undefeated JoePa will denied a swan song? I think that Alabama will get left out and I am an SEC guy.

I seriously have my doubts about both Alabama and Texas. This year, the Big 12 is no cake walk. Same can be said for Alabama, the SEC isnt bigger or badder than many teams in other conferences. With the well dispersed competition and athleticism throughout the SEC it is hard to manage an undefeated season in that environment. The Big 12 is starting to look like the SEC.

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
dude i watched 1st and 10 and the guy left texas out because he figures texas will lose a big 12 game...and he mentioned nothing about that other record against other people...mike and mike agreed 3 undefeated, penn state is left out...greenburg said penn state in the championship because he said texas wont go through undefeated

Didnt I say dont be gay? He said the big 12 has a losing record against other conferences this year(7-8). You see forum_guy, this is why we cant have nice things.

forum_guy
10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
what do u think about this...Florida winning the sec and their only game they lost this year is by a 1pt...do u put an undefeated penn st. team in over a 1 loss florida team that lost by a 1 pt.

swstangs001
10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I seriously have my doubts about both Alabama and Texas. This year, the Big 12 is no cake walk. Same can be said for Alabama, the SEC isnt bigger or badder than many teams in other conferences. With the well dispersed competition and athleticism throughout the SEC it is hard to manage an undefeated season in that environment. The Big 12 is starting to look like the SEC.

So in saying that do you think that they should use a playoff format? You know that if USC has one loss and the SEC and Big 12 champ has one loss then the game will most likely have USC in it not matter if the other 2 teams are better just because they are USC.

swstangs001
10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
what do u think about this...Florida winning the sec and their only game they lost this year is by a 1pt...do u put an undefeated penn st. team in over a 1 loss florida team that lost by a 1 pt.

well no matter what the undefeated teams play for the championship, the only times you have questions as to who should be playing in the championship is when there are no undefeated teams.

forum_guy
not if florida wins the sec because that would mean they would probably beat alabama who would still maybe be 2

Mr Beefy
So in saying that do you think that they should use a playoff format? You know that if USC has one loss and the SEC and Big 12 champ has one loss then the game will most likely have USC in it not matter if the other 2 teams are better just because they are USC.

Yes, I think a playof system should be integrated. If one is, it would eliminate your USC problem. I think, this year, if Texas and Alabama stay undefeated then you can forget about USC.

forum_guy
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
well no matter what the undefeated teams play for the championship, the only times you have questions as to who should be playing in the championship is when there are no undefeated teams.

oh ok so tulsa and ball state can make it:rolleyes:

swstangs001
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes, I think a playof system should be integrated. If one is, it would eliminate your USC problem. I think, this year, if Texas and Alabama stay undefeated then you can forget about USC.

Well yeah of course because there are 2 undefeated teams, im just talking about a situation in which there were no undefeated teams

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
not if florida wins the sec because that would mean they would probably beat alabama who would still maybe be 2

Well hell not only that, bama could lose between now and the SEC championship. Same as for the Big 12, Texas could lose the Big 12 champ. and OU could go.

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
oh ok so tulsa and ball state can make it:rolleyes:

Be logical. Why would a conference USA or Mid-American conference team make it? :rolleyes:

gatordaze
Well hell not only that, bama could lose between now and the SEC championship. Same as for the Big 12, Texas could lose the Big 12 champ. and OU could go.

I vote for a super conference championship that only includes SEC, Big 12, ACC, and the Big East. If the PAC 10 and Big 10 want part of that pie they need to play a conference championship. Then playoff the conference champs. Screw ND!

kepdawg
Everybody knows Notre Dame will be in it!

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Everybody knows Notre Dame will be in it!

Can we get in trouble for mentioning a religion on here?

kepdawg
10-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Can we get in trouble for mentioning a religion on here?

It's a high school football site! The whole thing is based on a religion!

Mr Beefy
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
HAHA well Catholics run the BCS, too bad ND didn't have a winning season last year or they would have been number 1 preseason.

Stownhorse
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Well yeah of course because there are 2 undefeated teams, im just talking about a situation in which there were no undefeated teams

I doubt that there will be no undefeated teams.

swstangs001
10-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I doubt that there will be no undefeated teams.

well there will always be ATLEAST 1 undefeated team in a bcs conference unless something wierd happens like last year