PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's 7th grade 'B" team...

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Yep, you guessed it. They beat Snyder's "B" team 14-0. They
are now 7-0, having outscored their opponents 144-0.:eek:

Results to this point...

Sweetwater 8
Monahans 0

Sweetwater 30
Clyde 0

Sweetwater 20
Big Spring 0

Sweetwater 12
Wylie 0

Sweetwater 30
Breckenridge 0

Sweetwater 30
Graham 0

Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

Brownwood you're next.:devil:

I know it means nothing down the road. You still have to think
it would be cool if a group of 13 year old kids could finish the
season at 9-0 and not allow a single score.:thinking:

injuredinmelee
10-22-2008, 10:29 AM
that would be cool.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
that would be cool.

After Brownwood here, Wylie gets another shot at them in Abilene.

Does anyone know where the 7th graders play their games in
Wylie?

NastySlot
10-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Results to this point...

Sweetwater 8
Monahans 0

Sweetwater 30
Clyde 0

Sweetwater 20
Big Spring 0

Sweetwater 12
Wylie 0

Sweetwater 30
Breckenridge 0

Sweetwater 30
Graham 0

Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

questions how is the A team doing and are the teams in sweetwater divided evenly or do they divided based on skill level ( junior high that usually means the bigger kids)?

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
questions how is the A team doing and are the teams in sweetwater divided evenly or do they divided based on skill level ( junior high that usually means the bigger kids)?

Divided based on skill level. If the teams were combined it would
be like this.

The first string A team would be first string.
The first string B team would be second string and so on....

grahampaw
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Graham beat the A team.Whats there record?

purpledog70
10-22-2008, 11:15 AM
wylie 7th grade plays @ bulldog stadium. It would be nice to know all off the junior high record and scores.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Graham beat the A team.Whats there record?

I have no idea. I don't have one on that team. I do know that
both Graham's JV and freshman beat ours though. I was going
to have some fun with RWB about it before things went south.:(

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by purpledog70
wylie 7th grade plays @ bulldog stadium.

Cool deal. I know right where that is.:D

ctownlegend
10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Since we're talking about 7th graders...I want everyone to know of Jalen White of Cameron.

Runningback...has the size and speed to be a D-1 STUD...not just prospect. This kid is unreal. Thursday nights you can find me at whatever stadium he's playing in. I would pay NFL prices to see this kid...TODAY!!!!

Couple Stats:

vs. Lorena- 8 Touches...5 Touch downs...3 Two-point conversions.....in other words...never tackled...never run out of bounds...all toches came in the first half except for a punt return in the 4th quarter...

Has scored 27 of Cameron's 28 touchdowns in 7 games...

Talk about a STUD...wait for two years...This is cameron's future...

gatordaze
10-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
Since we're talking about 7th graders...I want everyone to know of Jalen White of Cameron.

Runningback...has the size and speed to be a D-1 STUD...not just prospect. This kid is unreal. Thursday nights you can find me at whatever stadium he's playing in. I would pay NFL prices to see this kid...TODAY!!!!

Couple Stats:

vs. Lorena- 8 Touches...5 Touch downs...3 Two-point conversions.....in other words...never tackled...never run out of bounds...all toches came in the first half except for a punt return in the 4th quarter...

Has scored 27 of Cameron's 28 touchdowns in 7 games...

Talk about a STUD...wait for two years...This is cameron's future...

Your saying that this 7th grader is around 6' 225+ runs a 4.5 or better? I bet he does score every time he touches the ball. Can you imagine? What do you think he would do against a D1 college Senior MLB?

Wow.

Rocket
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Results to this point...

Sweetwater 8
Monahans 0

Sweetwater 30
Clyde 0

Sweetwater 20
Big Spring 0

Sweetwater 12
Wylie 0

Sweetwater 30
Breckenridge 0

Sweetwater 30
Graham 0

Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

OK, let me get this straight. You are talking about a 7th grade B Team? Oh my goodness. Who gives a flip? How many undfeated 7th Grade B Teams has there been over the years people? How many haven't allowed any points? Nobody knows? NOBODY CARES.

Rocket
10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Your saying that this 7th grader is around 6' 225+ runs a 4.5 or better? I bet he does score every time he touches the ball. Can you imagine? What do you think he would do against a D1 college Senior MLB?

Wow.

Probably his son...:rolleyes: That kid will be a lineman by the time he hits high school.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
OK, let me get this straight. You are talking about a 7th grade B Team? Oh my goodness. Who gives a flip? How many undfeated 7th Grade B Teams has there been over the years people? How many haven't allowed any points? Nobody knows? NOBODY CARES.

You don't care about YOUR seventh grade B team?:thinking:

Rocket
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
You don't care about YOUR seventh grade B team?:thinking:

All I care about is if they are out there playing and getting better. A 7th Grade B Team means something to their parents and the coaches. Other than that, it is what it is. Do you get to use that record when they are seniors and cash them in for some points in the game of your choice? LOL There will probably be 6 kids max off that team starting on Varsity one day, if that. Wow,congrats. There must be a huge drop off talent wise in your area from A to B. Something doesn't add up.

At least JV lets you know what is coming. Freshmen gives you a good idea, but not always accurate. But the 7th Grade B Team? Are you kidding me? The 7th Grade B Team?

rholl
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Rocket, don't be a donk and say noone cares about 7th grade football. All levels of football are important to those involved. If you don't like his thread crowing about his teams accomplishments....stay off the thread don't get on here and piss all over it!!!

Congrats to Sweetwaters 7th grade B team!

Stownhorse
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
In 7th grade our white team went undefeated unscored on. In 8th, our Red team went undefeated and white had 1 loss.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
In 7th grade our white team went undefeated unscored on. In 8th, our Red team went undefeated and white had 1 loss.

How'd that turn out later for the varsity?

Stownhorse
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
How'd that turn out later for the varsity?

no undefeated lmao. alot of our really big lineman quit football when we hit high school. we would have been real good.

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
no undefeated lmao. alot of our really big lineman quit football when we hit high school. we would have been real good.

Exactly...

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by rholl
Rocket, don't be a donk and say noone cares about 7th grade football. All levels of football are important to those involved. If you don't like his thread crowing about his teams accomplishments....stay off the thread don't get on here and piss all over it!!!

Congrats to Sweetwaters 7th grade B team!

Naah, this is much funner. Next we will start hearing about the 2nd grade flag football team named the Mustangs that has gone undefeated for 2 years...:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Exactly...

Hey Gilbert Gottfried did you not read this part of my post.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Naah, this is much funner. Next we will start hearing about the 2nd grade flag football team named the Mustangs that has gone undefeated for 2 years...:rolleyes:

You are a complete friggin idiot and about as witty as Black Magic.
Something tells me yo momma still dresses you in the morning
and fixes your lunch before she sends you off to work.

Btw you might want to quit abusing the internet at work or
you'll never save up enough money to buy that new Schwinn
bicycle let alone move out of yo momma's basement.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I think they're part of the Classic held early in the season. :p

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
You are a complete friggin idiot and about as witty as Black Magic.
Something tells me yo momma still dresses you in the morning
and fixes your lunch before she sends you off to work.

Btw you might want to quit abusing the internet at work or
you'll never save up enough money to buy that new Schwinn
bicycle let alone move out of yo momma's basement.

I am witty, just way over your head you inbred, toothless, banjo playing, hillbilly. Don't you have a 7th Grade B Team Jock to be sniffin' right now? :nerd:

Sorry, but comparing me to Black Magic sent me over the top...:D

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:37 PM

I read it, but it didn't matter. I still wanted to call you out. I am sure the story of their undefeated season would have resulted in a Hollywood Movie sooner or later. Move over Remember the Titans, here comes The B Team.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
A picture of Rocket hastening his mother over to the frig to get
him some meatloaf.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/1840-550x-chaz2.jpg

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I am witty, just way over your head you inbred, toothless, banjo playing, hillbilly. Don't you have a 7th Grade B Team Jock to be sniffin' right now? :nerd:

Sorry, but comparing me to Black Magic sent me over the top...:D

Atleast I'm taller than a seventh grader.:thinking:

rangerjoe33
10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
The pee wee team I coach (5th-6th graders) is 6-0 and has outscored our opponents 142 - 6. Regular season Championship against the other 6 - 0 team is this Sat.

SWMustang
10-22-2008, 04:53 PM

now that was uncalled for! :D

ccmom
10-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Ok, Rocket...you know I like you and that I like to have fun and take jabs at each other on here, but come on...All he is saying is that this team of boys is having a great season and making great memories. If I had a boy on this team, as he apparently does, it would mean something to me. He has been updating on this for the past several weeks and that's why I opened the thread. There are plenty of threads where you can talk trash, etc and I would love to join in on the fun with you, but your comments on this subject seem a bit out of line to me. I know, I know...I'm just a rookie poster, so who cares what I think, but it is JMO.

By the way....I DO care about the 7th grade B team in Sweetwater....congrats!

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
The pee wee team I coach (5th-6th graders) is 6-0 and has outscored our opponents 142 - 6. Regular season Championship against the other 6 - 0 team is this Sat.

Good luck your team. You've got a couple on the team don't you? :clap:

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Ok, Rocket...you know I like you and that I like to have fun and take jabs at each other on here, but come on...All he is saying is that this team of boys is having a great season and making great memories. If I had a boy on this team, as he apparently does, it would mean something to me. He has been updating on this for the past several weeks and that's why I opened the thread. There are plenty of threads where you can talk trash, etc and I would love to join in on the fun with you, but your comments on this subject seem a bit out of line to me. I know, I know...I'm just a rookie poster, so who cares what I think, but it is JMO.

LOL
OK cool... way to go 7th Grade B Teamers!!!!

Rocket
10-22-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm taller than you.

rholl
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
and if we hear about a 2nd grade team doing well...who cares Rocket. We put up with your useless drivel about Brownwood.

SWMustang
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
well I'm not so I took offense. I've been battling this napoleon complex my whole life. :)

Ranger Mom
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM

Well our peewee team that never lost a game in 4 years from 3rd to 6th grade, didn't lose their first game until the last game of their 8th grade year.

That group of boys are the ones who went on to play for the State Championship in 2002!!!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
Originally posted by ccmom

Thank you ccmom. You are right I do have a horse in this one.
Btw are you like a lawyer or doctor or something?:D

Necks_Fan
Rocket........:rolleyes:

Why run down a bunch of kids playing well?

SR, Congrats to your son's team. I hope thye continue to play well.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm taller than you.

That's not possible. They don't stack excrement that high.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
well I'm not so I took offense. I've been battling this napoleon complex my whole life. :)

You were one of the coolest people I knew/know. Your personality
more than made up for any height deficiency.

rangerjoe33
10-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah, a 6th grader...wouldn't coach and deal with parents if I didn't have one of my own on the team...he is a decent receiver, not a superstar.

I miss the DL...wish we were back in 3A...
Good luck your team. You've got a couple on the team don't you? :clap:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Yeah, a 6th grader...wouldn't coach and deal with parents if I didn't have one of my own on the team...he is a decent receiver, not a superstar.

I miss the DL...wish we were back in 3A...

Okay. I thought you did. I remember you posting a pic of them
and me trying to guess their positions by their jersey #'s. Yeah
I can imagine (the parents).

nobogey72
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
From what I've heard, one of the reasons that the Sweetwater 7th grade B team is so good is that they can throw a fade down around the red zone and it is unstoppable.

Rocket---- you obviously haven't bred yet (have kids) so we will give you the benefit of the doubt. Until you have one that age and see them get excited about ANYTHING, then you need to keep your "purdy lil' mouth" shut. Actually it is probably best that you NOT reproduce.:D

Sweetwater Red---- Wylie will score on your 7th grade B team because ------------------- you guessed it----- We throw the fade too.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: You just better hope that the Early HS Coach doesnt' find out about this or he'll come get all your good players. Just ask. .... never mind.:D

Rocket
10-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Rocket........:rolleyes:

Why run down a bunch of kids playing well?

SR, Congrats to your son's team. I hope thye continue to play well.

Who is running them down? I just said who cares besides the parents?

Here we go..waaaay too serious.

Lighten up! Sorry SR if I ticked you off...just remember, you started it...:taunt:

Rocket
10-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by rholl
and if we hear about a 2nd grade team doing well...who cares Rocket. We put up with your useless drivel about Brownwood.

I was moreless poking at SR... he decided to pick on me today so I am picking back.:D

GetRDoneStangs
10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I was moreless poking at SR... he decided to pick on me today so I am picking back.:D

Just remember the player that picks back........

Almost always gets the penalty!!!!:D :D :D

STiger24
10-22-2008, 07:07 PM

Results to this point...

Sweetwater 8
Monahans 0

Sweetwater 30
Clyde 0

Sweetwater 20
Big Spring 0

Sweetwater 12
Wylie 0

Sweetwater 30
Breckenridge 0

Sweetwater 30
Graham 0

Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

Well after all.. It is the B team. I bet the A team lights
them up..

wtfootball
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
This post is a sign of desperation. Means absolutley nothing. B team?? 7th grade?? This is hillarious.

garciap77
10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I read it, but it didn't matter. I still wanted to call you out. I am sure the story of their undefeated season would have resulted in a Hollywood Movie sooner or later. Move over Remember the Titans, here comes The B Team.:rolleyes:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Stownhorse
10-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Exactly Rocket...

ctownlegend
10-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

Wow.

Actually...this kid is probably 5'9...maybe 120...

To say he wont gain two inches by his senior year to put him at about 6' is rediculous...and his weight will only go up with extra weight training...he MIGHT run a 4.9..but for his age..a 5 flat is good....The kid can flat out play...and seeing as Cameron is a 3a school..and he will soon be playing on friday nights...this is relevent...

Oh...and Jalen White..is not my son...I barely know the kid off of the football field...

your rediculous...

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by STiger24
Well after all.. It is the B team. I bet the A team lights
them up..

Hey 325 the A team beat Snyder by the same score.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 08:14 PM

Keep it on the same threads then junior. If I trash you on a
thread keep it on that one by responding. Don't carry it over to
a legitimate thread that posters from around the state might
want to respond to as you can see by this one. Like nobogey
said, some of us can actually reproduce.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
1981 3 A State Champions - Senior Class
8-1 as 7th Graders
1-8 as 8th Graders (it was the coach)
10-0 as Freshmen
-Junior Class was 28-0 from 7th grade to 9th Grade

2007 3 A DII State Finalist- 26 Juniors
9-0 as 7th Graders
9-0 as 8th Graders
(Outscored opponents 576-44 in 18 games.)
8-2 as Freshmen

2008 32 Seniors
7-0
Averages 41 points a game 6th best in 3A
Gives up 12 points a game 4th best in 3A

Does Jr High teams performances mean anything in the future? Who knows.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
This post is a sign of desperation. Means absolutley nothing. B team?? 7th grade?? This is hillarious.
:dispntd: :dispntd:

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We've still got Burnet to go and anything can happen there. If this season is any indication of things to come, just look out. We've got a kid that is literally running over everyone, offensively & defensively. Burnet, I'm sure you won't having any trouble spotting him, but he's # 44.
thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=58921#post58921)

^^^^ That was made 11/06/03 about our 7th grade A team. Oh, and # 44? That's Cody Lattimore. Do a search of his name on here. Heck, do a google search.

JH parents - keep bragging on your kids & their teams. :thumbsup:

DaHop72
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/charliebrown.jpg

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
1981 3 A State Champions - Senior Class
8-1 as 7th Graders
1-8 as 8th Graders (it was the coach)
10-0 as Freshmen
-Junior Class was 28-0 from 7th grade to 9th Grade

2007 3 A DII State Finalist- 26 Juniors
9-0 as 7th Graders
9-0 as 8th Graders
(Outscored opponents 576-44 in 18 games.)
8-2 as Freshmen

2008 32 Seniors
7-0
Averages 41 points a game 6th best in 3A
Gives up 12 points a game 4th best in 3A

Does Jr High teams performances mean anything in the future? Who knows.

No not in the future but don't think it doesn't mean anything to
those kids now. Also, very impressive stats by the kids that
comprised the 2007 varsity team.
:clap:

gatordaze
10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
NM

popcorn screen
10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
This is a great accomplishment for those kids and they will remember their year for a long time. It will give them a boost going into next year - some of those kids will work hard, grow, and help the A Team next year. Let the kids play. You grown ups quit your crying! Theres no crying in football!:cheerl:

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
No not in the future but don't think it doesn't mean anything to
those kids now. Also, very impressive stats by the kids that
comprised the 2007 varsity team.
:clap:

Those are this years Seniors

Mustangpride09
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball

My sig doesnt mean anything either.

Mustangpride09
10-22-2008, 10:11 PM
But really though, youd be surprised at how many future starting varsity players come off the B team. Prime example, Daniel Jackson, he was on the B team his 7th and 8th grade years, now he's rushing for 200 yards a game.

WylieBulldog92
10-22-2008, 10:25 PM
I was on B team in 8th grade, started the next two years on the A team, whatever rocket thinks should always be irrelevant if it offends you because usually if it does he is completely wrong in every way.:nerd:

bwdlionfan
10-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Results to this point...

Sweetwater 8
Monahans 0

Sweetwater 30
Clyde 0

Sweetwater 20
Big Spring 0

Sweetwater 12
Wylie 0

Sweetwater 30
Breckenridge 0

Sweetwater 30
Graham 0

Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

I bet this year's Sweetwater 7th grade B team could shut out last year's Sweetwater varsity.

hookandladder
10-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
Actually...this kid is probably 5'9...maybe 120...

To say he wont gain two inches by his senior year to put him at about 6' is rediculous...and his weight will only go up with extra weight training...he MIGHT run a 4.9..but for his age..a 5 flat is good....The kid can flat out play...and seeing as Cameron is a 3a school..and he will soon be playing on friday nights...this is relevent...

Oh...and Jalen White..is not my son...I barely know the kid off of the football field...

your rediculous...

Columbus has a kid ( 6'0 155lbs), in 7th grade track meet last year ran 23.2 200, the kid can play all sports. We played them this year in 8th grade and shut him down, no O line. However also look for him on Varsity level very soon. On the 7th grade B team issue, we have 62 players on 8th grade team. We carry about 20 players on A team, the rest are on B team and they all get to play. The B team is actually 2 teams, big difference between A and B teams. So hard to put to much stock in your B teams, but hey good for his team being undefeated. You may have 1 or 2 players that end up on the Varsity level one day.

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I bet this year's Sweetwater 7th grade B team could shut out last year's Sweetwater varsity.

I think last year's Sweetwater Varsity was the 7th Grade B Team.

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
But really though, youd be surprised at how many future starting varsity players come off the B team. Prime example, Daniel Jackson, he was on the B team his 7th and 8th grade years, now he's rushing for 200 yards a game.

He is averaging 200 yards a game rushing? Really? :rolleyes:

Butkus
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I think last year's Sweetwater Varsity was the 7th Grade B Team. Now bottle_rocket dont get all bent outta shape about all this. U should be old enough ta be over being water boy in tha 7th grade by now.:devil:

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I was on B team in 8th grade, started the next two years on the A team, whatever rocket thinks should always be irrelevant if it offends you because usually if it does he is completely wrong in every way.:nerd:

And what team are you on now, WB92? Case closed.:nerd:

7th Grade B Teams are irrelevant in the scheme of things. They are there for one purpose, to teach young kids the game of football and develop the talent on a minimal level. Most of the kids on the 7th and 8th Grade B Teams are not playing Varsity Football. I have also seen 7th Grade C Teamers go on to play College ball. You might get a handful off the 8th Grade B Team actually playing on Friday Nights.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 10:19 AM

Not for the year. I think he's had three games of over 200 yards.
He's averaging 8.5 YPC. If he was the featured back, he would
have 200 yards a game. As you can see we spread the ball
around.

Rushing
Daniel Jackson 104-882-6 TD; Steven Fields 50-373-3 TD; Zach Birdwell 71-306-5 TD; Rufus McCann 59-288-3 TD; A.J. McCoy 42-228-3 TD; Kenneth Norman 13-58; Clint Jay 5-17; Bo Bugarin 3-14; B.J. Walker 3-7; Jason Vause 1-4; Jeremy Barnes 2-1; Robbie Holsey 1-(-2).

Look here for all of the Sweetwater stats....

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/116057/122/

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 10:21 AM

7th Grade B Teams are irrelevant in the scheme of things. They are there for one purpose, to teach young kids the game of football and develop the talent on a minimal level. Most of the kids on the 7th and 8th Grade B Teams are not playing Varsity Football. I have also seen 7th Grade C Teamers go on to play College ball. You might get a handful off the 8th Grade B Team actually playing on Friday Nights.

Maybe so...but why degrade them and the posts made about them in the process?? Sometimes it's better to keep your BIG FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!

Butkus
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
7th Grade B Teams are irrelevant in the scheme of things.

They are there for one purpose, to teach young kids the game of football and develop the talent on a minimal level.

I have also seen 7th Grade C Teamers go on to play College ball.

You might get a handful off the 8th Grade B Team actually playing on Friday Nights. Rocket, read u own words above cause after sayin there irrelevant ur second line above shows that they r and ur third shows it agin.

Ifin u had a son that played u would feel different bout all this. Since u dont why dont u jus drop it an let those that do have 7th graders enjoy them.

Thank u a bunch. Ur buddy Butkus.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe so...but why degrade them and the posts made about them in the process?? Sometimes it's better to keep your BIG FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!

I actually tried to answer one of his
smartass questions honestly and he slid that in while I was
trying to do so!:mad:

Hey excrement for brains, Have you not
figured out why the other BW posters quit running to your
defense lately? :doh:

NastySlot
10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
the handful of B-Teamers/C-Teamers you get is better then getting nothing.............you don't have those teams then you never give the late bloomers a chance to develop.............seen enough and coached enough sub-varsity to know this the A-Team is loaded with bigger kids............but what I have noticed is A-Teams while not only more mature phyiscally they tend to be more mature mentally about the game.....B-Teams and C-Teams serve good purposes....developing kids....quit knocking those kids and give them a chance........also you'd be fooling yourself to think that 100-90% of the junior high A-teamers are going to be there for you in high school......heck you might even get a few kids out that didn't even play junior high or pop warner that will help.......when i was in high school we had a guy come out that had always been in band and choir.....he grew, was very smart...he went on to play at texas.......and besides we are missing the point with this post......we have a sweetwater dad very proud of his son and his teammates...............who are we to knock that.

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I am talking about the records and whether they win or lose. I have never seen a coach get fired over losing all of his 7th Grade B Team games. (This is my point about the relevance). The only thing that they accomplish is what I talked about earlier, developing talent at a very minimal level.

I agree it is needed for the late bloomers. I coached sub varsity myself. It is necessary, but I didn't go around BRAGGING about how good we were.

Congrats on your son's success so far this year, Red. Best of luck to you and yours the rest of the way.

Poor Red, such a victim...

:D

Butkus
10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I am talking about the records and whether they win or lose. I have never seen a coach get fired over losing all of his 7th Grade B Team games. (This is my point about the relevance). The only thing that they accomplish is what I talked about earlier, developing talent at a very minimal level. No coach is gonna get fired fur his jr high record. Most jr high coaches r jus startin thar career anyways. But once agin the records an winnin an losin r important to tha parents and kids an ta talk smack to ur rivals. Thats why me an u need ta fade in tha wood work on this one Rocket. Ur a youngun with no kids an ole Butkus is an old fart past all that. Lets leave buddy. Deal.:thumbsup:

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
No coach is gonna get fired fur his jr high record. Most jr high coaches r jus startin thar career anyways. But once agin the records an winnin an losin r important to tha parents and kids an ta talk smack to ur rivals. Thats why me an u need ta fade in tha wood work on this one Rocket. Ur a youngun with no kids an ole Butkus is an old fart past all that. Lets leave buddy. Deal.:thumbsup:

It's all good... I will leave Sweetwater Red and his pep rally alone. I got him fired up and that is all I was trying to accomplish anyways. :D

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I got him fired up and that is all I was trying to accomplish anyways. :D

At the expense of thirteen year old kids? You're a class act.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 10:54 AM
At the expense of thirteen year old kids? You're a class act.:rolleyes: :mad: :mad: Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it will go away.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:mad: :mad: Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it will go away.

I'll take things best said in a PM for 1000 Alex. I ain't letting
nothing go. If he leaves this thread then it will go away!:mad:

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
It's all good... I will leave Sweetwater Red and his pep rally alone. I got him fired up and that is all I was trying to accomplish anyways. :D

You fired several posters/parents up and added some more non-fans to your fan club!!

That's okay though...the more you backpeddle and talk out the side of that mouth, the more your "true" colors shine!!

Keep up the good work!!:clap: :clap:

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I'll take things best said in a PM for 1000 Alex. I ain't letting
nothing go. If he leaves this thread then it will go away!:mad:

He said he would in his answer to another poster in the above quote so I think he will stick to his word.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
He said he would in his answer to another poster in the above quote so I think he will stick to his word.

Okay I just wanted to make sure you knew you weren't my daddy.:mad:

You're not are you????:thinking: :D

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 11:08 AM

You're not are you????:thinking: :D I don't think so because (1) I'm not a Yankee :devil: and (2) if you had of been you wouldn't have lived this long. :doh: :doh:

Rocket
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
At the expense of thirteen year old kids? You're a class act.:rolleyes:

I'll extend my hand and say I apologize for hurting your feelers. I didn't think you would go psycho about it. As far as degrading 13 year old kids, not my intention and I don't think I did that. I also didn't know you had a kid on the team until later on. So I guess I can see how you would take it personally. Like I said earlier, my intention was to pick at ya for you pointing out the fact that I looked like Gilbert Gottfried. That really hurt... :( :D

I will play nice from now on.

garciap77
10-23-2008, 12:56 PM

You're not are you????:thinking: :D

I don't think so because (1) I'm not a Yankee :devil: and (2) if you had of been you wouldn't have lived this long. :doh: :doh:

http://1389blog.com/pix/SmileyShocked.png

WylieBulldog92
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM

Why I could ask you the same question?

Mustangpride09
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM

Where did I say hes averaging 200 yards a game?

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Where did I say hes averaging 200 yards a game?

In this very thread.:doh: :doh:

Mustangpride09
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
In this very thread.:doh: :doh:

Where did I say average? I said hes rushing for 200 yards a game, implying that I was refering to certain games. I never said how much he averaged.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Where did I say average? I said hes rushing for 200 yards a game, implying that I was refering to certain games. I never said how much he averaged.

You did a poor job of implying what you meant!

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Where did I say average? I said hes rushing for 200 yards a game, implying that I was refering to certain games. I never said how much he averaged. So if he is rushing for 200 yards "a game" then he would have a "200 yard" average. You didn't say in certain games or single games. Kind of like hammering someone for not spelling you.:hand: :hand:

He's all yours Rocket.

bigron15
10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
my grade when i was in middle school was divided between 2 teams and in 2 yrs we went 38-2. i was on the team that went undefeated and un-scored on. it was pretty fun to be apart of it. we would have been scored on 2 times but big springs had one called back and merkel just dropped the ball on a long run at the 2 and we fell on it. sweetwaters middle school has always been above par

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
So if he is rushing for 200 yards "a game" then he would have a "200 yard" average. You didn't say in certain games or single games. Kind of like hammering someone for not spelling you.:hand: :hand:

He's all yours Rocket.

Nice to see both you and Kep gang up on one poster who
misinterpreted himself. :dispntd:

Don't worry DaHop keep being the rent a mod and I'm sure
the powers that be will make you one some day like you were
on LewP's Sweetwater website.

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM

What? He misinterpreted himself? I'm not sure I even know what that means! I was simply pointing out to him that he did a poor job of implying what he meant because I interpreted what he said in a way other than he intended. So I don't know why you think I am ganging up on anyone.

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 09:23 PM

on LewP's Sweetwater website. :blahblah: :blahblah: Not ganging up on anyone, he's just caustic to others so sometimes you have to return the favor. As for Lewp, I got booted how about you?:thinking:

bp80884
10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
China Spring 7th grade A & B teams are also undefeated.

This group of boys are going to be state champs in 2014. Mark my words. They beat these other teams like redheaded step children.

GetRDoneStangs
10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
So if he is rushing for 200 yards "a game" then he would have a "200 yard" average. You didn't say in certain games or single games. Kind of like hammering someone for not spelling you.

He's all yours Rocket.

DJ has 862 yards in 6 games...that makes it like 142 yards a game....not 2 bad in any league!

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM

DANG!!! That was HARSH!!:eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What? He misinterpreted himself? I'm not sure I even know what that means! I was simply pointing out to him that he did a poor job of implying what he meant because I interpreted what he said in a way other than he intended. So I don't know why you think I am ganging up on anyone.

Not himself the way he posted it. If you read the Sweetwater/Snyder article
I posted it says Jackson has run for 200+ yards the last two
games. I think he meant to say he has run for 200+ "lately".
Are you a sentence structure cop too. If so I'll take my Go
Denison Football shirt and discard it.

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
China Spring 7th grade A & B teams are also undefeated.

This group of boys are going to be state champs in 2014. Mark my words. They beat these other teams like redheaded step children.

Do you have a child on that team?? Because if you don't, apparently you aren't allowed to be proud of them....on a PUBLIC message board anyway!!:p

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: Not ganging up on anyone, he's just caustic to others so sometimes you have to return the favor. As for Lewp, I got booted how about you?:thinking:

I got booted....on my birthday, at that!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
DANG!!! That was HARSH!!:eek: :eek:

You should have have heard why the Snyder/Graham game
was so close.

or

What he really thinks about Liberty Hill this year.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
Denison Football shirt and discard it. Man, I guess when Rocket took a dump in your Wheaties it left a bad taste. Maybe I won't try and defend you next time if it causes this kind of response.
:eek: :eek:

kepdawg
Denison Football shirt and discard it.

Quite the contrary! I hate the spelling and grammar cops! I honestly interpreted what he said in a different manner than he intended. I don't know any other way to put it. If he meant to imply one thing he did a poor job of doing so in my opinion.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I got booted....on my birthday, at that!!:D :D

I got kicked to the curb for inactivity. You can still go over there
and watch Sweetwater game videos though. Btw Lakersfan...
Fields knee was down last year.:D

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Man, I guess when Rocket took a dump in your Wheaties it left a bad taste. Maybe I won't try and defend you next time if it causes this kind of response.

That's weak. Why bring up Rocket's name? If you call that
defending me then I don't agree and RM, nobogey, ccmom,
Butkus and a few other posters....well did a better job.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Man, I guess when Rocket took a dump in your Wheaties it left a bad taste. Maybe I won't try and defend you next time if it causes this kind of response.

No he took a dump on something my son truly believes in and
disrespected kids that play at a lower level than varsity no less
by saying nothing they did now mattered in the long term. "You"
try telling them that.

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 09:59 PM
try telling them that.

I gotta come to DaHop's defense here, he never said anything that said he agreed, in any shape, form or fashion, with what Rocket said.

It seemed you got upset with him when you felt he and Kep interpreted something different than the poster intended it!

That's how I see it anyway!!!

But...I'm just a girl, what do I know!:)

I_DONT_CARE
10-23-2008, 10:06 PM
YOU ALL REALLY SHOULD SEE SOMEONE ABOUT ALL THIS ANIMOSITY!

IT'S WORKED WONDERS FOR ME!

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I gotta come to DaHop's defense here, he never said anything that said he agreed, in any shape, form or fashion, with what Rocket said.

It seemed you got upset with him when you felt he and Kep interpreted something different than the poster intended it!

That's how I see it anyway!!!

But...I'm just a girl, what do I know!:)

I jumped in to defend one of my own. Thank goodness kep
took off running. He's alot smarter than me. I can't stand being
beat up intellectually.:D

DaHop only had to do one of two things earlier and neither has
to do with defending me. He failed on both.:dispntd:

I'll say no more about it.

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I jumped in to defend one of my own. Thank goodness kep
took off running. He's alot smarter than me. I can't stand being
beat up intellectually.:D

DaHop only had to do one of two things earlier and neither has
to do with defending me. He failed on both.:dispntd:

I'll say no more about it. :confused: :confused: I sorry if I've caused any problems today. I have just been trying to be Ernest T. Bass, throw a rock and run.

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:17 PM
try telling them that.

So I guess apology not accepted? :clap: :clap: Way to step up, there, Sweetwater Red.

If you aren't for SR, you are against him. Let's draw the line in the sand... Ready DaHop? :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow...the "name calling" is getting out of hand....do I need to close this thread?:thinking:

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Wow...the "name calling" is getting out of hand....do I need to close this thread?:thinking:

Whatever are you talking about, RM? LOL

DaHop72
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
So I guess apology not accepted? :clap: :clap: Way to step up, there, Sweetwater Red.

If you aren't for SR, you are against him. Let's draw the line in the sand... Ready DaHop? :rolleyes: No can do Rocket, Sweetwater Red is a friend of mine. Not getting into you guys war.

Rocket
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
No can do Rocket, Sweetwater Red is a friend of mine. Not getting into you guys war.

Close it RM...Please. :D

ccmom
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
This one has crossed the line for me...and that is saying alot.:(

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 10:30 PM

Go ahead! Might want to consider a ban on 7th grade talk! It seems to get out of hand just as bad as the college talk does!

Ranger Mom
10-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Whatever are you talking about, RM? LOL

You are lucky I am in a good mood right this minute....I had already quoted it....and saw you edited...so I did too!!

But...I am closing it now!!!