PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About 7-3A & 8-3A....

Bullaholic
10-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Can somebody tell be about the probable playoff teams from each of these Districts?

The only ones that I think are very likely are:

7-3A- 1. China Spring
2. ???
3. ???

8-3A- 1. Liberty Hill
2. Wimberley?

Which do you think will go D1 and which D2? Of course, I am very interested because these teams will be the ones that the Bulls would meet first (we would have a BYE in RD 1) if we are in the playoffs. The Bulls are doing very well this year, and we are very proud of them, so eveyone is going to be hearing a lot of support from Bulls posters on here----that's what good fans do--especially when they have a good season going. I don't want to appear arrogant or overconfident---just proud and very pleased so far.

I know Liberty Hill is ranked No. 1 and is a juggernaut with a 32-game winning streak and runs the slot-T with deadly efficiency, but I know nothing about any of the other likely teams. Anybody?

As always, this is just speculation----I'm not making any predictions yet, I would just like some info. Thanks.

Hill Man
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
LH will be DII and district champ
Burnet will go DI.. only thing that will keep them out will be the unlikely loss to Ingram and Canyon Lake.. not going to happen
Wimberely and Llano sitll have a chance for the second DII rep from the district.. Wimberely the better chance.

wimbo_pro
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Correct. If Burnet falls off and doesnt make the playoffs, then LH will go DI. Wimberley and Llano will be DII. This is a huge surprise to me...I was very sure either Burnet or Fredericksburg would make the play offs, thereby pushing LH into DII. But...here we are (LHex was accurate in his early season analysis), it isnt looking good for Burnet so far, but we shall see.

bp80884
10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I have been looking into this for awhile. The only way for China spring to go to D1 is for Gatesville to make the playoffs. This is very possible as Gatesville is a pretty good team. China spring, Gatesville and Glenrose are all 2-0 in district. All other teams are 0-2.

I am hoping for a China Spring- Liberty Hill match up. Great groups of kids!

Go Cougs!

trojan37
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
District 7-3A, which West plays in, will have China Spring as the undefeated, uncontested district champ. I believe 2nd place will go to Gatesville, and 3rd to Glen Rose, who is way, way overrated. Gatesville and Glen Rose play tomorrow night and that one will decide 2nd and 3rd place. Technically West is not out of the playoff picture, but we have to win our last 3. I believe it ends up like this. No real powerhouse in this district except China Spring. I was able to watch Mike Hicks for the first time last Friday night and I walked away very impressed. And China Spring is more balanced this year with a pretty good running game.

trojan37
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
As I said before, TexasFootball has the Glen Rose-Gatesville game as one of the top 10 "elation" games for tomorrow night, with the winner a playoff lock. This is from texasfootball.com:

No. 15 Glen Rose (6-1, 2-0 in 7-3A) at Gatesville (5-2, 2-0)
The next two weeks will likely uncover the truth about Glen Rose. Either the Tigers will look like the team that traveled four rounds through the 2007 playoffs, a contender, or we'll see if Glen Rose hasn't recaptured last year's magic. Gatesville, a team picked next-to-last in district in the preseason, provides the first challenge. Behind QB Shane Clark and RB Cody Sheets, Gatesville has more than doubled last year's two wins already. The next challenge for Glen Rose is a second-straight road game, this one at No. 3 China Spring.
Padilla Poll says: Glen Rose by 8
Jerry's TXFB Ratings says: Gatesville by 1
TexasFootball.com says: Glen Rose 28, Gatesville 21

wimbo_pro
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Bullaholic....

I dont know if you saw this in the LH thread, so I am re-posting it here for you now. This lays out the picture for LH to go DI, which is a slim chance, but possible. Looks like the odds are greatly in favor of LH going DII.

Scenario #1:
Llano wins out and beats both Wimberley and LH (and Canyon of course). This would give Llano a 5-1 record (only loss-Burnet).
Then....
LH loses to Llano but beats Wimberley, ends up with 5-1. Wimberley would be 4-2. Burnet will end up 4-2, and since Burnet lost to Wimberley in head-to-head, Wimberley and LH and Llano advance, LH goes D1.

Scenario #2:
LH loses its next two games against Wimberley and Llano, they will be 4-2, with tie-breaker in their favor against Burnet.
If Wimberley beats LH and loses to Llano and beats Freds, they will be 5-1.
Assuming Llano wins out, they will be 5-1. LH goes DI.

Scenario #3:
Burnet loses to either Ingram or Canyon Lake, making them 3-3.

CONCLUSION:
For LH to go DI this year:

First, if Burnet loses to either one of the two weakest teams in the state (Ingram and Canyon), then LH goes DI. All other possibilities dont matter if they lose them both.

AND

Llano MUST win its next three (Canyon, Wimberley, LH), giving them a 5-1 record in district, avoiding a tie breaker with Burnet, which they lose due to head-to-head game. Also, Wimberley MUST win one of their remaining 3 games (LH, Llano, Freds) to give them a 4-2 record, beating out Burnet due to head-to-head. Then, LH goes DI.

trojan37
10-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I have been looking into this for awhile. The only way for China spring to go to D1 is for Gatesville to make the playoffs. This is very possible as Gatesville is a pretty good team. China spring, Gatesville and Glenrose are all 2-0 in district. All other teams are 0-2.

I am hoping for a China Spring- Liberty Hill match up. Great groups of kids!

Go Cougs!

:confused: Maybe you mistyped this, but if Gatesville goes to the playoffs, China Spring will go DII. If Gatesville misses out and somehow West gets in, China Spring goes DII.

Bullaholic
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks, all--that will help a lot when we are discussing our possible playoff brackets around here. Best of luck to all of you until we might meet----which should provide some new and exciting matchups. Looking forward to it.

themsu97
10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
from 8A, if Burnet makes the Playoffs they are the DI rep, if they do not, then Liberty Hill is the DI rep... more than likely it will be Burnet...

7A, China Springs will make the playoffs, if Gatesville makes the playoffs then Gatesville is DI, if Gatesville does not, CHina SPrings is DI

trojan37
10-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
from 8A, if Burnet makes the Playoffs they are the DI rep, if they do not, then Liberty Hill is the DI rep... more than likely it will be Burnet...

7A, China Springs will make the playoffs, if Gatesville makes the playoffs then Gatesville is DI, if Gatesville does not, CHina SPrings is DI

Thanks, I screwed up on my own post.

Bullaholic
10-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Thanks, I screwed up on my own post.

lol. That's why I always ask about playoff scenarios instead of posting them because I can't get them 100% straight enough in my mind and no way can I post them accurately without mistakes. One thing about the process---it'll get a lot easier in about 3 weeks. :D

bp80884
10-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I did make a mistake on my post. If Gatesville makes the playoffs, China Spring will be in DII.

Am I reading the brackets that China Spring and Liberty Hill could meet in the 2nd round?

WOW, that will be a big game against 2 very classy teams.

Rabid Cougar
10-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
I did make a mistake on my post. If Gatesville makes the playoffs, China Spring will be in DII.

Am I reading the brackets that China Spring and Liberty Hill could meet in the 2nd round?

WOW, that will be a big game against 2 very classy teams.

No If they win out they would meet at Regionals.

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Scenario #2:
LH loses its next two games against Wimberley and Llano, they will be 4-2, with tie-breaker in their favor against Burnet.
If Wimberley beats LH and loses to Llano and beats Freds, they will be 5-1.
Assuming Llano wins out, they will be 5-1. LH goes DI.

We can scratch that one, but 1 & 3 are still possibilities, although unlikely across the board (on 1).

cshscougar08
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Third place in 7-3A is very much up for grabs. It will come down to this weeks game between West and Gatesville. I believe that the game is in Gatesville. China Spring plays Glen Rose at home, so that shouldn't be too difficult. Easily the toughest game in district for us, but still shouldn't be hard.

wimbo_pro
10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We can scratch that one, but 1 & 3 are still possibilities, although unlikely across the board (on 1).

Very True LHPM. As I said, the entire scenario is slim for you going DI...however, what is left is Llano winning out and Burnet losing to eithe Canyon or Ingram...talk about unlikely!!!!!

trojan37
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Third place in 7-3A is very much up for grabs. It will come down to this weeks game between West and Gatesville. I believe that the game is in Gatesville. China Spring plays Glen Rose at home, so that shouldn't be too difficult. Easily the toughest game in district for us, but still shouldn't be hard.

West has Gatesville at home.

Budman007
10-26-2008, 05:39 PM
All this playoff scenario talk gives me tired head!:confused:

Bottomline looks to me that Bridgeport's toughest playoff game may be their first game after the bye week?