PDA

View Full Version : Royal Vs West Columbia

Crasher
10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
no thread on this one yet? how do you see this one playing out?

raider red 2000
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
hard to say.

WC traditionally plays pretty good D and can run the ball.

Royal has some kids that can fly.... #11 and # 12 i believe. also QB is elusive.

I see royal packing the box on WC and forcing the Necks to throw the rock some.

I also see WC trying to force Royal to run the ball.

Johnnypaycheck
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
i'll take the necks in this one since they are at home. the fighting elmos tend to play well at griggs on the turf.

STAggie
10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Haven't seen WC play but after watching Royal I think they pull this one out. They are a lot better team than many give them credit for. They are quick to the ball on defense and on offensive they can put up big numbers if the unit is clicking.

Roayl 35
WC 28

Crasher
10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I notice on the stats page that Royal has two quarterbacks at the top of the district standings in passing yards. both have around 450. what gives? I guess they lost a qb to grades or injury earlier in the year?

Astro2
10-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Everyone I have ever talked to says Royal's lack of Coaching/technique costs them. They are the most talented team in our district and will not win it because of that very reason.

Columbia fans obviously don't think very highly of Royal...

raider red 2000
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
Columbia fans obviously don't think very highly of Royal...

good coaches.....good athletes....but it can be hard to win the first year witha new coach.

their coach was there about 10 yrs ago or so.....took them deep into the playoffs.

Necks_Fan
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
No way Columbia gives up 35 to BR. Unless the have defensive/ST Td's.

Sweeny is the best team in this district, atleast for now, and they only put up 21 against us.

Necks, by 14 at home.

2-ONES
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
The best is yet to come for the Necks, the D can stop a Mack truck.
If this team keeps the ball off the ground they can play with anyone.

Necks_Fan
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 2-ONES
The best is yet to come for the Necks, the D can stop a Mack truck.
If this team keeps the ball off the ground they can play with anyone. I have been saying that the ENTIRE season. We have been 1-2 plays away from winning EVERY game the whole season except the B'Port game. Just played awful that night.

The Necks have the talent. We just play ball control offense, and we aern't very good at controlling the ball.

Put it on the ground or the hands of the defenders too many times.

When we play well, we can play with anybody, but we are yet to play a complete game all season.

Crasher
10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Dont Special Teams and or Defensive Touchdowns count as Points too? Or do offensive touchdowns only count when playing at West Columbia?

Necks_Fan
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
Dont Special Teams and or Defensive Touchdowns count as Points too? Or do offensive touchdowns only count when playing at West Columbia? Oh no, they count.

My point was, that BR will not score 35 unless they come up with TD's on ST or defense.

Crasher
10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
i see. i wasnt sure what you meant..In any case, what is the most points WC has had scored on them this year?

Necks_Fan
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
i see. i wasnt sure what you meant..In any case, what is the most points WC has had scored on them this year? Brazosport (4A) 33 points.

We had 8 turnovers that game if you include Turnover's on downs.

If not, then we had 4 turnovers. 4 Int's that game.

Also, one of their Td's was defensive. Pick6.

Astro2
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Game Day Baby!
Any predictions for this one?
I think Royal comes away with a W on the road...

ronwx5x
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Astro2
Game Day Baby!
Any predictions for this one?
I think Royal comes away with a W on the road...

What, these don't count as predictions?

Originally posted by ST Aggie Haven't seen WC play but after watching Royal I think they pull this one out. They are a lot better team than many give them credit for. They are quick to the ball on defense and on offensive they can put up big numbers if the unit is clicking.
Roayl 35
WC 28[/B]

Originally posted by Necks-Fan No way Columbia gives up 35 to BR. Unless the have defensive/ST Td's.

Sweeny is the best team in this district, atleast for now, and they only put up 21 against us.

Necks, by 14 at home.[/B]:confused::confused: :confused:

BOCEPHUS
10-24-2008, 10:07 AM
THAT THAR DC OVER'N AT ROYALE PRETTY GOOD BASS MAN, HE CAN THROW A PLUG AT'EM, I'LL TAKE BR ON THAT ALONE

Astro2
10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
What, these don't count as predictions?

:confused::confused: :confused:

calm down brotha....just trying to give the thread a lil life...

Necks_Fan
10-24-2008, 02:42 PM
If we cover #12 and play good D up front, it will be along night for BR. If they can run, or #12 hooks up on a couple of those long routes... the Necks will be in trouble.

Let's play a complete game TONIGHT!

NO TURNOVERS!:mad: :D

We get better every week, let's just get it all together and on the same page tonight.

Necks Need a win tonight if they want to make the playoffs. Would have to have alot of help if they drop this one.