PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Bobcats this year

rockhound
10-22-2008, 08:38 AM
How do you go from State to loosing to Prosper in 1 year? What is wrong with this Sr. class? Where is the SPARK on offense and defense where is the leadership?

marler1972
10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
It happens sometimes. Nothing wrong with the senior class. Just got beat by a better team on that night.

OldBison75
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
There is probably nothing wrong with the Bobcats. I think that maybe another team has finally caught up to them. Celina will be in theplayoffs and will be a very good playoff team. Everybody loses sometimes, but how they respond and play from now on will measure how good they really are. I would almost bet that when the season rols into the playoffs, Celina will be playing for several more weeks. Don't bash kids that are giving 100% no matter the results. This is a fine program that will rebound from this loss.

NastySlot
10-22-2008, 09:00 AM
whats wrong with losing to a good team?....maybe those kids in Prosper have been working hard for this. Celina is fine.

BILLYFRED0000
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Well my perspective is that we have an inconsistent line on both sides of the ball that can be exploited. Some of that is due to injuries. However as far as Prosper goes, this is a good team. Probably the best one they have ever had. I expect them to win the region possibly or at least play there. I think their run will end there but they should win region 2 or at least can. I do not think they will beat AW at the semi's.

pirate4state
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
There is probably nothing wrong with the Bobcats. I think that maybe another team has finally caught up to them. Celina will be in theplayoffs and will be a very good playoff team. Everybody loses sometimes, but how they respond and play from now on will measure how good they really are. I would almost bet that when the season rols into the playoffs, Celina will be playing for several more weeks. Don't bash kids that are giving 100% no matter the results. This is a fine program that will rebound from this loss.

:clap: Nice post & so true!

Every team suffers a defeat here & there, yes even Celina!

ssgmp5150
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Absolutely nothing is wrong with Celina! They just got beat by a better team! I only wished my team could have the same success that Celina is having this year! They have played one of the toughest schedule's in all of football regardless of classification! I know I have given them a hard time, but it is all in good fun! To say that they are down or what is wrong with them.....There is nothing wrong with them. They have lost to three excellent football teams! That's all! Plain and simple!

Gsquared
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Absolutely nothing is wrong with Celina! They just got beat by a better team! I only wished my team could have the same success that Celina is having this year! They have played one of the toughest schedule's in all of football regardless of classification! I know I have given them a hard time, but it is all in good fun! To say that they are down or what is wrong with them.....There is nothing wrong with them. They have lost to three excellent football teams! That's all! Plain and simple!
Farmersville just needs the mailman to bang on the bucket a little harder this year.

ssgmp5150
10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah, ole Crazy Mel came out of retirement last year for the state championship game and then disappeared again! We need him now more than ever! Friday night for perhaps the district title against the Braves! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Gsquared
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Hahaha, Melvin used to deliver my mail when I lived in Farmersville!

Dominicfrank
10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I think the original question was based on the season and the multiple losses not just the blow out by Prosper. Celina just hasnt had a year like this in a long time so it is shocking but domination every year gets harder with each classification, 2A was easier than 3A and 4A is harder than 3A, etc...... Celina will never be what they were over the past 10 years but they will still be that team you know had the chance to be great every year and when they arent it will be surprising.

ssgmp5150
10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
It is one year! Man, I wished we could say that a down year only included 3 losses! Wow!!!!!! They are fine and will be just fine in the seasons to come! I know I give Celina posters a hard time, but again, it is all in fun and games! Seriously, good luck on the remainder of your season!

Emerson1
10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
No former NFL greats moved their sons there for the education this year.

Pick6
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No former NFL greats moved their sons there for the education this year.

Only one former NFL great, I don't classify him as a great NFL player, moved to Celina the last few years. I think he might still have one enrolled at CISD.

BleedOrange
10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Only one former NFL great, I don't classify him as a great NFL player, moved to Celina the last few years. I think he might still have one enrolled at CISD.

Who was it?

Pick6
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Who was it?

Craig James. Does he still have one in school over there?

spotbilt
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
yes he does

orange machine
10-22-2008, 05:38 PM

Oh look a Celina post and lets look who has to put his spin on it. You have no idea if there is anything wrong or not. Not saying we would have beaten Prosper, but we do have two linemen out. Our chances would have been much better if we had those two. So dont act like you know what is wrong with Celina because you dont.

charlesrixey
10-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Celina will be fine

the Bobcats are still the defending state champions, and i have no doubts they will be ready for the playoffs

the fact that they had only 12 lettermen return (both lines had to rebuilt basically from scratch) may have played a role in their struggles

we still have some of the best coaches in the state, and a program built for consistent success. something tells me celina will be just fine

orange machine
10-22-2008, 05:49 PM
your right charles i just get tired of this boy from Farmersville runnig his mouth.

rockhound
10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe turnovers, maybe bad play calls (going for it 4th and 1 twice away from home with a lead inside your 30) against a 4A school, maybe not running a hurry up offense the second period against daingerfield (who was only able to amass 20+ yards the second half) and then loosing because poor clock managment surely not because you couldnt move the ball everytime you had it? What about not playing the right players like QB? It is hard to win when the defense it putting 9 and 10 guys in the box because they know they are going to get a turnover or 3 each game. Just my thoughts, I do not believe this is a down year in Celina not at all. Although I do belive that the heart of this team was evident during the second half of the Daingerfield game but was not present at all the entire night against Prosper. I do not belive for a second that Prosper could hang with Daingerfield at all.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Oh look a Celina post and lets look who has to put his spin on it. You have no idea if there is anything wrong or not. Not saying we would have beaten Prosper, but we do have two linemen out. Our chances would have been much better if we had those two. So dont act like you know what is wrong with Celina because you dont.

I think he was actually being supportive of Celina there... but then again, if you have a mindset on someone, you can 'spin' their words any way you want it.

BobcatBenny
10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Celina is fine are far as I am concerned. Win or lose.

Why?

Because they are the boys from Celina. And ... being from Celina beats the hell outta being from any other town in Texas.

navscanmaster
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Why?

Because they are the boys from Celina. And ... being from Celina beats the hell outta being from any other town in Texas.
Homer alert!!!

j/k. Celina will be fine. They can't stay down too long.

ssgmp5150
10-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Seriously, c'mon....I was trying to give your team props! I know I ragged on you guys about the whole Prosper game, but it is all in good fun. I can't say what is or what isn't wrong with Celina, other than I would kill to have their record right now and rich tradition! I am just saying they have played a monster schedule and dropped a few games to very tough opponents and trying to say that I think you guys will still have one heck of a season. C'mon...Seriously....I am trying to give you guys some respect!

Originally posted by orange machine

Pick6
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Seriously, c'mon....I was trying to give your team props! I know I ragged on you guys about the whole Prosper game, but it is all in good fun. I can't say what is or what isn't wrong with Celina, other than I would kill to have their record right now and rich tradition! I am just saying they have played a monster schedule and dropped a few games to very tough opponents and trying to say that I think you guys will still have one heck of a season. C'mon...Seriously....I am trying to give you guys some respect!

Remember, not all the posters from over there deserve respect.

garciap77
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Why?

You are starting to sound like Rocket! :D

j/k

;)

coachkiss
10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
If you want my opinion, here is what is wrong...

We have a tougher schedule this year than any other. On top of that, we have had to replace a lot of talent with kids that have not been in this situation before.

In addition, once these kids lost, not only did they feel the pressure of losing, but the felt the pressure and "embarrassment" of ending streaks that had nothing to do with them, but teams in the past.

On top of that, they lost one of the best running backs in the state for almost the entire season up to this point. Plus, another top running back from last year got hurt in the Daingerfield game, leaving one kid in the backfield from last year. Instead of being able to move him around and create mismatches, they have had to feed him the ball in more conventional situations.

On top of that, you lost significant talent and experience on an offensive and defensive line that hasn't been replaced. However, that is no fault of those kids. They can't will themselves to be Troy Franklin's size. No one on the edge has Breck Holman's speed. For the past few years, we have been blessed with a run of talent very rarely seen at Celina.

There are many people around town and on the team probably pointing fingers right now. Someone is looking for someone to blame. Knowing many of these coaches for the last 19-20 years, I know that they have enough smarts to identify problems with the team. I'll bite my tongue and give them the benefit of the doubt. I would love to be a fly on the wall at times and find out why they do some of the things they do, but until technology improves or becomes cheaper, I don't have that ability.

All I can do right now is support the kids and coaches. I wish I could do more than that, but I can't. I can't make substitutions, and I can't make adjustments, and I can't make the band stop playing "Just a Closer Walk" during the fourth quarter. The good Lord knows I wish I could do all of those things sometimes.

In summation, all I can say is "Go Bobcats!" and "Put a scoreboard in the north end zone and a bathroom in the south end zone."

orange machine
10-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
If you want my opinion, here is what is wrong...

We have a tougher schedule this year than any other. On top of that, we have had to replace a lot of talent with kids that have not been in this situation before.

In addition, once these kids lost, not only did they feel the pressure of losing, but the felt the pressure and "embarrassment" of ending streaks that had nothing to do with them, but teams in the past.

On top of that, they lost one of the best running backs in the state for almost the entire season up to this point. Plus, another top running back from last year got hurt in the Daingerfield game, leaving one kid in the backfield from last year. Instead of being able to move him around and create mismatches, they have had to feed him the ball in more conventional situations.

On top of that, you lost significant talent and experience on an offensive and defensive line that hasn't been replaced. However, that is no fault of those kids. They can't will themselves to be Troy Franklin's size. No one on the edge has Breck Holman's speed. For the past few years, we have been blessed with a run of talent very rarely seen at Celina.

There are many people around town and on the team probably pointing fingers right now. Someone is looking for someone to blame. Knowing many of these coaches for the last 19-20 years, I know that they have enough smarts to identify problems with the team. I'll bite my tongue and give them the benefit of the doubt. I would love to be a fly on the wall at times and find out why they do some of the things they do, but until technology improves or becomes cheaper, I don't have that ability.

All I can do right now is support the kids and coaches. I wish I could do more than that, but I can't. I can't make substitutions, and I can't make adjustments, and I can't make the band stop playing "Just a Closer Walk" during the fourth quarter. The good Lord knows I wish I could do all of those things sometimes.

In summation, all I can say is "Go Bobcats!" and "Put a scoreboard in the north end zone and a bathroom in the south end zone."

:clap: That was well put, i wish i could have been the one to come up with that. You are so right and this is exactly what the issues are.

BobcatBenny
10-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
... In summation, all I can say is "Go Bobcats!" and "Put a scoreboard in the north end zone and a bathroom in the south end zone."
I hear the New Bobcat Field will have restrooms in both endzones.

JK. :D

kepdawg
10-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I hear the New Bobcat Field will have restrooms in both endzones.

JK. :D

Bathrooms in the end zones? I hope they're not on the goal line!

Gsquared
10-23-2008, 06:49 AM

Why?

Oh dear lord

Gsquared
10-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Bottom line is there is nothing wrong with Celina, its just that the sun dont shine on the same dogs a$$ everyday. Even the elite have sub par years. Celina's year is only sub par to Celina standards, alot of others would pray for that kind of year.

BILLYFRED0000
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Oh dear lord

I happen to aggree with Benny on that one. Celina is unique for a lot of reasons. My good friends there being one of them. These guys are good guys. You could do a lot worse and only in a couple of places can you do as well. My old home town of Bronte is a lot like that. Just too small and isolated.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I happen to aggree with Benny on that one. Celina is unique for a lot of reasons. My good friends there being one of them. These guys are good guys. You could do a lot worse and only in a couple of places can you do as well. My old home town of Bronte is a lot like that. Just too small and isolated.
Yeah because the rest of us live in sucky places. :doh: :doh:

Agreed, G.

Gsquared
10-23-2008, 07:46 AM
I love Bronte, dont know if I could live way out there but sure do like it when I drive thru. Alot of my good friends live in Celina but I could immagine alot of other places id rather live. Of course, every ones preference is different. Id certainly like to live in Celina during football season though!

gatordaze
10-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by rockhound
Maybe turnovers, maybe bad play calls (going for it 4th and 1 twice away from home with a lead inside your 30) against a 4A school, maybe not running a hurry up offense the second period against daingerfield (who was only able to amass 20+ yards the second half) and then loosing because poor clock managment surely not because you couldnt move the ball everytime you had it? What about not playing the right players like QB? It is hard to win when the defense it putting 9 and 10 guys in the box because they know they are going to get a turnover or 3 each game. Just my thoughts, I do not believe this is a down year in Celina not at all. Although I do belive that the heart of this team was evident during the second half of the Daingerfield game but was not present at all the entire night against Prosper. I do not belive for a second that Prosper could hang with Daingerfield at all.

I have a friend that said this same thing almost word for word! Hoorah!

sinton66
10-23-2008, 07:50 AM
I love Bronte, dont know if I could live way out there but sure do like it when I drive thru. Alot of my good friends live in Celina but I could immagine alot of other places id rather live. Of course, every ones preference is different. Id certainly like to live in Celina during football season though!

That's a great area out there. Bronte, Robert Lee, Miles, Sterling City. Lots of good folks there.

Gsquared
10-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
That's a great area out there. Bronte, Robert Lee, Miles, Sterling City. Lots of good folks there.
You got that right. My favorite place is Christoval. Home of Jack Pardee Stadium. Funny, even though its named after him, his name is nowhere to be found at that stadium.

BobcatBenny
10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Agreed, G.

At least LHPM knows when she has been insulted! :D

Butkus
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Ole Butkus thinks u need ta take off ur orange glasses an understand that sometimes other team r jus better an get over it.
Knot wantin ta make u mad jus statin a fact.

SideBurnWillie
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM

:1omg!: Your from Bronte that explains everything. :(

bona fide
10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Bottom line is there is nothing wrong with Celina, its just that the sun dont shine on the same dogs a$$ everyday. Even the elite have sub par years. Celina's year is only sub par to Celina standards, alot of others would pray for that kind of year. Did you just compare Celina to a dogs ass? Or an elite dogs ass? Or just ass?

WildTexan972
10-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Remember, not all the posters from over there deserve respect.

not all the posters from ANYWHERE "deserve" respect....

it is not about respect as much as do you seem to like what they have to say....the simple fact a person posts on any message board does not relate to respect at all...

and Celina will be ok....they won't win state this year but they will win a couple playoff games, and then maybe next year they will return to prominence...

CHS_89
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Heres the deal. The passing game has GOT to come into its own for Celina to be successful. Traditionally, not always, but traditionally we have had a balanced attack when we have needed it. Both run and pass compliment each other with our offense. I'm not knocking any of our players here, so don't go there.

Prosper came to play and handed it to us. Good job Prosper! Whitehouse was a great team and they beat us with their defense. Daingerfield took advantage of our mistakes and beat us at home. No excuses! As fans, we need to wake up and yell for these kids at the games. Support them win or lose and quit trying to play armchair QB. Rally round the Bobcat family and get behind the team - win or lose!

Looking4number8
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
As fans, we need to wake up and yell for these kids at the games. Support them win or lose and quit trying to play armchair QB. Rally round the Bobcat family and get behind the team - win or lose!

I know nothing about Celina football except what I read and I am not pretending too.

I do however agree with this post. There sure has been a lot of Celina blasting by Celina fans. Dont know if you have noticed or not but there has been tons of Brownwood blasting but NONE by Brownwood fans. Funny how you dog Rocket for beliving in his Lions 100%, win or loose. You guys would be lucky to have more fans like him.

Celina fans need to stand behind their team win or loose. You guys have a great great program.. you should be very proud, however some of you are getting pretty whinny

gatordaze
10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Celina has had the luxury of having 22 guys better than the other teams 11. Last year many games started out competitive but by the 4th quarter the "fresher" guys won.

This year they are not that deep. At this point, I think I would play the 8-9 true studs both ways, at least early. I have got to believe that the O-Line with Caleb as an angry guard would be effective. Troy at strong safety would be effective, Cody at corner would be effective. There is talent standing on the sideline that would make them better at the expense of potential injury and fatigue.

But what do I know, I am just a fan and they get paid to make those calls. I would'nt trade them for any others. This to shall pass!

Bullaholic
10-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I know nothing about Celina football except what I read and I am not pretending too.

I do however agree with this post. There sure has been a lot of Celina blasting by Celina fans. Dont know if you have noticed or not but there has been tons of Brownwood blasting but NONE by Brownwood fans. Funny how you dog Rocket for beliving in his Lions 100%, win or loose. You guys would be lucky to have more fans like him.

Celina fans need to stand behind their team win or loose. You guys have a great great program.. you should be very proud, however some of you are getting pretty whinny

There is something to what you say on the surface, but deep down I think the Celina fans are a lot like a large family---they fight like cats and dogs within the family, and then unite 100% against any outsiders. My guess is you will be finding this out ,shortly.(No malice intended).:D

Rocket Dad
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I feel like Celina fans are suffering from "Normal Talent Syndrome". Over the years many from Celina have not hesitated to say that the system and belief they have in place wins most of their games. They have had better than average 2A and 3A talent for years and maybe this year they have solid, typical 3A talent like alot of places have. Join the crowd and root on your team, win or lose.

Looking4number8
10-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
There is something to what you say on the surface, but deep down I think the Celina fans are a lot like a large family---they fight like cats and dogs within the family, and then unite 100% against any outsiders. My guess is you will be finding this out ,shortly.(No malice intended).:D

Yep, I firgure it is coming at me soon enough. Guess since I opened my big mouth, I have to take the Celina wrath.

garciap77
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Rocket
probably right... we suck.

;)

WildTexan972
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I feel like Celina fans are suffering from "Normal Talent Syndrome". Over the years many from Celina have not hesitated to say that the system and belief they have in place wins most of their games. They have had better than average 2A and 3A talent for years and maybe this year they have solid, typical 3A talent like alot of places have. Join the crowd and root on your team, win or lose.

I don't even think most years Celina has above average talent, but they do have well above average coaching. Celina also rarely has many injuries that affect the games as much as this year, since most years Celina is very deep with players with experience since backups get to play many games after the half.....this year that has not really been the case. Celina has not recently really had RBs like the kids at Navasota or Madisonville this year....or QBs like the kid from China Springs last year, or their WR from this year....Celina just tends to focus some pretty steady, avg type players on execution that makes the kids seem more gifted than those on other teams....in Celina we like our kids to make like the Texas prison system and EXECUTE often.....

jockcity33
10-23-2008, 03:07 PM
so if Celina has not won in the past because of superior talent but rather because of superior coaching, then what happened to the coaching staff to cause the drop off?

BILLYFRED0000
10-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Agreed, G.

Now mom, what I said does not imply that other places are not great. Just not equally great. A slight but significant difference. I happen to think LH is pretty cool BTW.

BILLYFRED0000
10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33
so if Celina has not won in the past because of superior talent but rather because of superior coaching, then what happened to the coaching staff to cause the drop off?

There is not a drop off per se. Just that it is difficult to change your way of looking at a problem with so many years of consistent success. We probably need to play more two way this year. But I still see a lack of execution by both lines as the major impact on this team. We have always had a line stud or two and this year we don't seem to have anybody stepping out. There are some that are playing well but not everybody is. I do not coach at that level and I know the coaches are working hard. I just think that the line play is what causes most problems and if you look at the film you will see that is so. Our backs are not making it out of the backfield with out dodging or being hit on far too many plays. Last year and other years they were at the second level untouched on many occasions. Therein lies the difference.

I_DONT_CARE
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Now mom, what I said does not imply that other places are not great. Just not equally great. A slight but significant difference. I happen to think LH is pretty cool BTW.
UPPITY MUCH? :rolleyes:

I_Do_Care
10-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
UPPITY MUCH? :rolleyes:
:wave:

bobcat1
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM

I agree and maybe I have been guilty, but I love these boys like my own and try to remember they can read too. I wouldn't say anything on here I wouldn't say to their face. And for that matter the coaches fall into this also.

How does it feel to be one of them on a traditionally historic team like Celina?

Nothing is wrong. It just hasn't got perfect yet.

BILLYFRED0000
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Well and truly said Bobby1. and thanks.