PDA

View Full Version : bridgeport

DU_stud04
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
i know there are alot of you Bridgeport posters on here.... can you fill me in on the bulls this year? were yall full of sophmores/juniors last year? it seems like the team has made a 180 turn around from last year..... not trying to be mean or anything, but the last few times i saw yall play, im not gonna lie, yall were flat out terrible and it was very hard to watch the game. again, im really not trying to rile anyone up, just interested in the success the bulls are having this year.

blaster
10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes, there are quiet a few seniors. But, our boys grew this summer. Biggest "O" line I have seen in years. "D" is the biggest difference this year. A few changes hear and there made a HUGE difference.

DU_stud04
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
good to hear. good luck to bridgeport the rest of the way.

BullsFan
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks, DU! And I agree with blaster that our biggest difference is the D. Under Henson we've traditionally had some pretty high-powered offenses, but this is the first time I can remember having such a strong defense.

popcorn screen
10-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Bridgeport is no longer a sleeper. They can play on both sides of the ball.

firstdown
10-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by blaster
Yes, there are quiet a few seniors. But, our boys grew this summer. Biggest "O" line I have seen in years. "D" is the biggest difference this year. A few changes hear and there made a HUGE difference.

33 Seniors I believe. Most played varsity when they were under-classmen. At one time they were soft - not now Bridgeport has a very good team both sides of the ball. They should be a force to reckon with in the playoffs.

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for starting a great thread, DU!

Not a lot to add... my comments:

1.) Defense - I have focused on the Bulls since the waaay before the Henson era. I haven't seen a defense this talented at Bridgeport before.. And that includes those ancient days when I played DT. Decent sized D Line... exceptional LB corps... fast DBs. Not sure how it ranks up there with other schools... but combined with our high powered offense it makes for a pretty tough opponent. I am excited to keep playing ball to see just how tough this D is... (we think it is salty :) )

2.) 3S - Speed/Skill/Size - We have had a larger than normal run of good kids/participation in the school, resulting in a team with a good mix of big + skill + fast. (thank you parents!)

3.) Firepower - Bridgeport has always been known for high-powered offenses... i.e. we usually are a team that is known to have to outscore opponents. In years past we have had some of the top passing teams in state, good QBs, backs, etc. This year is no different. Very good at all the backfield positions, with plenty of depth. Pretty balanced in our threat out of the backfield, with talent to run or throw. In front of this is one of the biggest lines we have had in a while. All in all, very happy with the "O".

4.) Kicking - We have a kicker! No concerns on PATs and have kicked plenty of FGs... some crucial and good distances.

5.) Intangibles - Well, these kids have played together for a while, (32 seniors), and have a little bit of post season experience. This year's schedule has tested our team with wins against some top caliber teams... Burkburnett, Argyle, and Prosper. Focus has been good, with no letdown in prep for each game. Possibility of an undefeated season and playoffs is a carrot hanging out there for them to keep working hard. That, and a little game on Nov. 7th.

All in all, we are very excited, and hope that our play each succeeding week will make our name more known, (as opposed to the slpybear's rambling)... sure the other fans could add waay more here, but that is what I have for now... :)

Bullaholic
10-22-2008, 10:47 AM
DuStud--I held off to give my fellow Bull fans a chance to reply first, I don't want to wear out my welcome when talking about the Bulls----as usual, they did a bang-up job and I agree with everything everyone has said.

The only other area that I think probably deserves some more mention is the play of the "O" line. They are big, smart, mobile, and most of all, play very well as 1 unit. They have allowed very few penetrations this season while opening big holes on the running plays. I am proud of all of these Bulls. Go Bulls!

Thanks for asking about our Bulls, Reuben....I hope if you get a chance to watch this season's Bulls that you will come away with a favorable impression.

DU_stud04
10-22-2008, 03:36 PM
thanks for the responses guys, 32 seniors on a team is ALOT haha, seems like things are really kicking for yall this year. im sure that i will be able to see the bulls before too long, probably a better chance around the first few weeks of playoffs, cant wait. again, good luck to the bulls, just wondered what was making them click so well this year.

navscanmaster
10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I am just glad to see some of the other teams in 3A having great success this year. Nothing against the regulars, but fresh ink on the playoff brackets is a good thing.

charlesrixey
10-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am just glad to see some of the other teams in 3A having great success this year. Nothing against the regulars, but fresh ink on the playoff brackets is a good thing.

it just means fresh blood on the field in the playoffs:p

navscanmaster
10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it just means fresh blood on the field in the playoffs:p
Yeah, Celina does have a lot of underclassmen starting, don't they!:devil: :p

charlesrixey
10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah, Celina does have a lot of underclassmen starting, don't they!:devil: :p :p :devil: