PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales/Yoakum QBs

TRENCHES06
10-21-2008, 10:53 AM
seniors?

How have they played this year?

underware
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Willie Markert is a Junior and started as a Soph. last year. Not sure about Gonzo?

HM33
10-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by underware
Willie Markert is a Junior and started as a Soph. last year. Not sure about Gonzo?

He has a good arm just needs to practice with it.

crabman
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I watched Markert hit 6 guys right in the hands and he did not have a one of them hold onto it.

headhunter
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Your right crabman he needs to get a good supporting cast, but also he has to throw a catchable ball. It looks like he throws a heavy ball. The kid has a lot of talent he just really needs some playmakers around him, I wish they would let him move the pocket a little and be able to create some things with his legs. I am not saying run him to death but make it easier to see the passing lanes and every now and then maybe pick up a few yards on the ground. he has good height and I think Yoakum may be a tough first round game. The receivers will have to step up though.

Gontex
10-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Jordan Meredith is Gonzales' qb. He's a senior who played tight end last year. He moves pretty well, but the whole team had problems holding on to the ball last week. Gonzales left the ball on the ground 12 times against Goliad but only lost one. Makes it difficult to have any continuity when you are doing that so often. Probably feeling a little funky from the forfeit the week before. I hope they can right the ship or this year is history. I know there is more talent there than is being shown right now. Seniors need to hitch it up and play. Gonzales had great leadership from last year's seniors which is why they were so successful This year's group really does need to step up and bring a little pride back into the program and quit worrying about things that don't matter in the long run.

bigcat8
10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
what are they worried about gontex??

underware
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Yoakum seems to have the same problem. Can't seem to hold onto the ball. And no one to throw to? Of course I'm going to take Yoakum on this game, but it may be real, real close.

Originally posted by Gontex
Jordan Meredith is Gonzales' qb. He's a senior who played tight end last year. He moves pretty well, but the whole team had problems holding on to the ball last week. Gonzales left the ball on the ground 12 times against Goliad but only lost one. Makes it difficult to have any continuity when you are doing that so often. Probably feeling a little funky from the forfeit the week before. I hope they can right the ship or this year is history. I know there is more talent there than is being shown right now. Seniors need to hitch it up and play. Gonzales had great leadership from last year's seniors which is why they were so successful This year's group really does need to step up and bring a little pride back into the program and quit worrying about things that don't matter in the long run.