PDA

View Full Version : Athens V. Fairfield

BOCEPHUS
10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
WHOPPER RIGHT HERE, CAN THE PONTOON HEAD DC STOP'EM. OR IS THE LIMP STILL TOO BAD.:confused:

jimmyceatworld
10-21-2008, 09:22 AM
If we win this game we'll have a decent shot of making the playoffs.

eagles_victory
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
It is going to be a good game only my second Eagle game to attend all year needless to say Im pretty excited and hoping we can pull it off.

Brutus 1
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: You are killing me !

BOCEPHUS
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: You are killing me !

I'VE(WE'VE) DUN WORSE, MEMBER THAT TIME DOWN ON 6TH ST. WE HITCHED A RIDE, AND FORGOT TO TELL THE PEOPLE WE WAS A HITCH'EN FROM THEM :D

jambo67
10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Fairfield. Both are 3-4 but the Eagles have a good looking O. Fairfield's D gave up a lot of total yardage last week against Brownsboro but if this game is a shoot-out, which it looks like it may be, Fairfield has the weapons.

jimmyceatworld
10-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Fairfield. Both are 3-4 but the Eagles have a good looking O. Fairfield's D gave up a lot of total yardage last week against Brownsboro but if this game is a shoot-out, which it looks like it may be, Fairfield has the weapons.

:2thumbsup I like the way you think Jambo.

jambo67
10-21-2008, 08:24 PM
That was about as objective as I could get. I am still pulling for Athens to win and Brownsboro to somehow make something happen and win out to go 3-2. I a'int sure it's gonna happen though but if it doesn't; Fairfield will be my favorite to get the last play-off slot. If you do make to the P-O'S the D better get tougher than woodpecker lips if Fairfield expects to make a run. Good luck if Brownsboro spits the bit. Y'all have a very sound team.

jimmyceatworld
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
That was about as objective as I could get. I am still pulling for Athens to win and Brownsboro to somehow make something happen and win out to go 3-2. I a'int sure it's gonna happen though but if it doesn't; Fairfield will be my favorite to get the last play-off slot. If you do make to the P-O'S the D better get tougher than woodpecker lips if Fairfield expects to make a run. Good luck if Brownsboro spits the bit. Y'all have a very sound team.

Yeah, our Defense has been struggling all year. But considering how much it has given up the last 2 years I'd say its improved dramatically. I'm pulling for the Bears this Friday against Palestine b/c we need them to lose. I'm expecting a high scoring affair in that one.

jambo67
10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Good luck Jimmy. Coach Piske somehow comes off as a swashbuckler and I like that. Whatever pans out I'll be a loyal poster for 20-3A thru-out.

Brutus 1
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
DOnt know where you are getting your stats from but the defense gave up a bunch against Palestine but Brownsboro was less than 250 ! Struggling all year ???? Need to check your sources!

BOCEPHUS
10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
DOnt know where you are getting your stats from but the defense gave up a bunch against Palestine but Brownsboro was less than 250 ! Struggling all year ???? Need to check your sources!

easy brutus, settle........man can't count, he aint the first, let it go, we get him calculater so he be add'en better next time

Brutus 1
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I hear yea! :D

lynard_skynard
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Really wasn't much given up against Brownsboro. Take away a couple of big plays, one where the corner fell down, and they probably don't go over 200. Defense played great 1st half against Pal. They need to come out with a kick em in the @$$ attitude the second half and it will be fine.

wtman
10-22-2008, 11:31 AM
The Donk will have the "D" ready to go, limp or no limp. Piske and company are doing great job getting things headed in the right direction, and it is good to see Fairfield with a shot at the playoffs this year!

eagles_victory
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
This will be the biggest game for Fairfield football in quite a while if we lose this one to go 1-2 with Crockett and Westwood left its going to be tough to make the playoffs.

Brutus 1
10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Wtman how are things your way ??????????

jambo67
10-22-2008, 06:55 PM
R3Editor 10-18-08.."congrats on the win, eagles. fairfield was a close second to the region III team of the week choice, to be announced shortly. I was going with fairfield first, but after reading the recap, I saw that the defense gave up over 500 yards. fairfield has made some strides, and the defense needs to catch up if they are to make the postseason. good luck the rest of the way."

I never went back to that thread after this post and didn't see your correction of 289 yards, apologies. 289 a'int bad so Fairfield looks even better as my favorite.

R3Editor
10-22-2008, 07:07 PM
R3Editor 10-18-08.."congrats on the win, eagles. fairfield was a close second to the region III team of the week choice, to be announced shortly. I was going with fairfield first, but after reading the recap, I saw that the defense gave up over 500 yards. fairfield has made some strides, and the defense needs to catch up if they are to make the postseason. good luck the rest of the way."

I never went back to that thread after this post and didn't see your correction of 289 yards, apologies. 289 a'int bad so Fairfield looks even better as my favorite.

OK. Looked again at the link HERE (http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20081018/SPORTS05/810180341/-1/SPORTS) to the Tyler Paper. They have Brownsboro with 30 rushes for 312 yards, and 216 passing. But when you look at the individual rush statistics, it only adds up to 128 rushing. I don't know how they made the mistake, but if you add 216 to 128, you now get 344. So somebody's stats are off. With Tyler Telegraph not being able to add, I would bet that it is there's. So that is a lot better than 528, but still up there, somewhat. Sorry for the confusion, Fairfield, but that is the only place I could get a boxscore. An upset against either of the two from this weeks gotw will 99.9% guarantee a team of the week recognition for the up and coming Eagles. Good luck against Athens!

jambo67
10-22-2008, 07:20 PM
I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus R3E but it was my only defense.

R3Editor
10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus R3E but it was my only defense.
No problem.:) But I was wrong because of the paper, so I had to redeem myself anyhow!:D

jimmyceatworld
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
An upset against either of the two from this weeks gotw will 99.9% guarantee a team of the week recognition for the up and coming Eagles. Good luck against Athens!

Thanks R3. I think there are several other schools that have made great strides this year that no one is talking about like Lorena. They're already 2-0 in district after being in the gutter the past couple years.

navscanmaster
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Thanks R3. I think there are several other schools that have made great strides this year that no one is talking about like Lorena. They're already 2-0 in district after being in the gutter the past couple years.

When you have a powerhouse like La Vega in that district, Lorena kind of gets missed. I look forward to that matchup, even though La Vega should run away with it. The other traditionally good programs, Conally and Robinson, are suffering.

mwynn05
10-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
This will be the biggest game for Fairfield football in quite a while if we lose this one to go 1-2 with Crockett and Westwood left its going to be tough to make the playoffs. This is about as close as you can get to a must win... you never want to have to win the last game of the year against the distirct champion to get in....have yall noticed that if we get in there is a good chance we will go DI...that mean LV in round 1

lynard_skynard
10-22-2008, 11:24 PM
If Crockett doesn't go then we will go small. Otherwise, I think you're right about being D1. I guess we need to win district so that we get the two seed. Then it isn't a problem...at least for round 1.

Originally posted by mwynn05
This is about as close as you can get to a must win... you never want to have to win the last game of the year against the distirct champion to get in....have yall noticed that if we get in there is a good chance we will go DI...that mean LV in round 1

mwynn05
10-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by lynard_skynard
If Crockett doesn't go then we will go small. Otherwise, I think you're right about being D1. I guess we need to win district so that we get the two seed. Then it isn't a problem...at least for round 1. yeah only way we go D1 is that crockett and westwood both make the playoffs since were the third smallest

lynard_skynard
10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I didn't realize the Westwood was smaller. I thought only Crockett was. Well, there ya go.