PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee Football Players Charged With Sexually Assaulting Cheerleader

Astrosdawg07
10-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Update 6:00 - The Police Chief in Silsbee tells KFDM news authorities have charged three Silsbee High School football players with sexually assaulting a varsity cheerleader at a party following the team's Friday night game.

The teenage girl says it happened at a house party in Silsbee.

Chief Dennis Allen tells KFDM News the cheerleader says the teens cornered her in a room, closed the door and locked it. That's when the cheerleader says they sexually assaulted her. Chief Allen says the football players left when other teens heard what was going on and started knocking on the door.

Monday morning Silsbee Police picked up 17 year old Rahkeem Bolton, 18 year old Christian Rountree and a 16 year old juvenile. The teens were charged with sexual assault of a child. Allen says another teen could also face charges.

Bolton and Rountree were taken to the Hardin County Jail. The teen was transported to juvenile detention.

The cheerleader was taken to a hospital where doctors administered a rape kit. The kit will be turned over to the Texas Department of Public Safety crime lab. Results could take up to 3 or 4 months to get back. Officers say they found DNA evidence that could possibly link at least one of the teens to what happened.

Chief Allen says investigators are in the process of interviewing several witnesses. He also says investigators are looking into allegations that teenagers were able to drink at the party. He says if there is evidence to prove that allegation the homeowner might also face charges.

A conviction for sexual assault of a child is a second degree felony. It can bring a punishment of up to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

The cheerleader's father called KFDM news and talked about the investigation. He didn't want his name used, nor his daughter's. He told us, "I want the case made public and I want it prosecuted to the maximum. I'm outraged this happened to my daughter. In today's society, it's all about 'me' and what 'I' want to do. It doesn't excuse you to do these things and think they can get away with it. You see it in the college and professional ranks. Now you're seeing it more and more in high schools. They need to know who her parents are. She's doing okay. She has a lot of me in her. She's strong willed and determined."

The cheerleader's father said she'll be at school Tuesday because she knows if she stays away, "the football players win."

Silsbee ISD released a statement saying it's prohibited from disclosing or commenting on confidential student disciplinary matters, or from acknowledging that student disciplinary actions have, or have not, been taken, or that such actions are under consideration.

_____

KFDM News has learned that authorities have charged three Silsbee High School football players with sexually assaulting a varsity cheerleader at a home, following Friday night's football game.

Police Chief Dennis Allen tells KFDM News the teenager says she was sexually assaulted at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday at a party following the game between Silsbee and Bridge City.

The girl says she was pushed into a room and the door was locked while she was assaulted.

Chief Allen says Christian Rountree, 18, Rakheem Bolton, 17, and a 16 year old player have been charged with sexual assault of a child.

A conviction for sexual assault of a child can bring punishment of up to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

Rountree and Bolton have been transported to the Hardin County Jail.

The 16 year old player is being held in juvenile detention.

Chief Allen says there is DNA evidence that may link at least one of the teens to the crime.

Silsbee ISD released a statement saying it's prohibited from disclosing or commenting on confidential student disciplinary matters, or from acknowledging that student disciplinary actions have, or have not, been taken, or that such actions are under consideration.

KFDM 6 Beaumont (http://www.kfdm.com/news/three_28387___article.html/assaulting_charged.html)

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
:(

JasperDog94
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
What in the world are high school kids doing at a party at 2:30 in the morning?:confused:

Come on people. Wake up and be a parent.:mad: :mad: :mad:

(stepping down off soap box)

WylieBulldog92
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What in the world are high school kids doing at a party at 2:30 in the morning?:confused:

Come on people. Wake up and be a parent.:mad: :mad: :mad:

(stepping down off soap box)
I don't party but that might be why I don't have a curfew.

TigerFan51
10-21-2008, 05:41 AM
This is a sad, sad state of affairs. I'm wondering too what the heck are high school kids doing at a party at 2:30 in the morning!

I agree, where are the parents? What has happened to curfews? Although, I know what kids tell their parents too..."I'm spending the night with so-and-so", so the parents think their kids are okay and don't worry. Check on them and verify anyway!

SWMustang
10-21-2008, 06:51 AM
what's up with Silsbee? Isn't this the same place where some kids cornered a horse and bludgeoned it to death?

TigerFan51
10-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
what's up with Silsbee? Isn't this the same place where some kids cornered a horse and bludgeoned it to death?

Idle hands are the Devil's playground...

wimbo_pro
10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
A party? At whose house? The parents should be arrested.

ssgmp5150
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Go to Washington, D.C. and petition the lawmakers to make this crime punishable by the death penalty and hang all of them....That is if the father doesn't beat them to it!!!! Those kids should be castrated for what they did! No excuse for that regardless of the circumstances surrounding it!

Daddy D 11
10-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Good to see the father wants them to be punished to the maximum. Hopefully they get 20 years, that'll change the way they look at things.

catdaddy
10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I honestly don't know if I could leave it to the justice system and live with the result...http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0037.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-confused-smileys.php)

ssgmp5150
10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
My thoughts as well!!!:evil:

mistanice
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

All out CAT
10-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Go to Washington, D.C. and petition the lawmakers to make this crime punishable by the death penalty and hang all of them....That is if the father doesn't beat them to it!!!! Those kids should be castrated for what they did! No excuse for that regardless of the circumstances surrounding it!

I agree, if this were to have happened to either one of my two daughters I would probably be the one sitting in jail.

But, on the other hand I would be making sure either of my two daughters were where they were suppose to be. I know that it is hard to control all of the time, but 2:30 in the morning the homeowner (parents) know whats going on. This is small enough of a town that everyone connected to football knows majority of everyone. If daughter "A" is suppose to be with friend daughter "B", then one of the two parents should be responsible enough to know what's going on and the where-a-abouts.

Too many variables that led to a bad thing and ultimately the boys that committed the crime need to pay. "to the fullest extent."

wimbo_pro
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

That goes without saying.

SINTON81
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
what happened to innocent until proven guilty? They were innocent, up until the time they assaulted the young girl, now they are guilty?:cool:

catdaddy
10-21-2008, 11:08 AM
My sentiments would apply once the story became clear. And yes, nothing good ever happens after midnight.

DaHop72
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
If it happened it's wrong but let the courts decide, look at the Duke case.

ssgmp5150
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't care what level of involvement my daughter would have had in this situation! Whether she was completely innocent or guilty as sin! Those boys would have to worry about me more than their legal troubles! I understand the guilty until proven innocent thing and I thing it is a bunch of hogwash! If the police investigate this and there is even a remote amount of truth to this story, then those boys should hang by their you know what!!!No sense in wasting the tax payers money with a trial in my book. If there is reason to believe they committed this heinous crime, then throw em in jail and throw away the key! No need in a trial! I am sure the father could exercise some "fatherly" justice in this case and we could simply save all the taxpayers the expense of a trial! In a case such as this, it is cut and dry in my opinion.....What part of NO do you not understand!!!

JasperDog94
10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by All out CAT
If daughter "A" is suppose to be with friend daughter "B", then one of the two parents should be responsible enough to know what's going on and the where-a-abouts. Sadly too many parents just don't want to be bothered. Some are too selfish with their time to be bothered. (not all, but I know some who are this way)

Rocket
10-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Nothing good happens after midnight... and that is magnified significantly for high school kids.

pirate4state
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I don't care what level of involvement my daughter would have had in this situation! Whether she was completely innocent or guilty as sin! Those boys would have to worry about me more than their legal troubles! I understand the guilty until proven innocent thing and I thing it is a bunch of hogwash! If the police investigate this and there is even a remote amount of truth to this story, then those boys should hang by their you know what!!!No sense in wasting the tax payers money with a trial in my book. If there is reason to believe they committed this heinous crime, then throw em in jail and throw away the key! No need in a trial! I am sure the father could exercise some "fatherly" justice in this case and we could simply save all the taxpayers the expense of a trial! In a case such as this, it is cut and dry in my opinion.....What part of NO do you not understand!!!

Take a deep breath & relax! Sheesh.

Sadly, in this day in age it is a very real possibility that this girl could *gasp* be lying! I'm not saying she is, but no one's kid is PERFECT.

This is not the forum to judge whether someone is guilty or not guilty and what you'd do to them ( :eek: ). We have laws in place for a reason. Let the legal system try to work.

If they are guilty then they need to pay. If she is lying then she needs to pay. If this happened while adults were in the home, then they need to pay.

bigYoe
10-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Very sad thing to hear, but i honestly believe the kids should be given a very harsh punishment. Not only to set an example but to teach them a lesson. At a party at 2:30 in the orning and they are in high school. One was a juvenile at that. This just goes to show how high school football in Texas is putting its players up on a pedestal. Coach Mullins in Cameron makes his players come in at 8am on Saturday morning after everygame to make sure they DIDNT go out and do something like that. The father of the girl should also be responsible because OBVIOUSLY he didnt know where his teenage daughter was at freakin 2:30 in the morning.

setxsports
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.kfdm.com/news/football_28416___article.html/charged_released.html

BILLYFRED0000
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Take a deep breath & relax! Sheesh.

Sadly, in this day in age it is a very real possibility that this girl could *gasp* be lying! I'm not saying she is, but no one's kid is PERFECT.

This is not the forum to judge whether someone is guilty or not guilty and what you'd do to them ( :eek: ). We have laws in place for a reason. Let the legal system try to work.

If they are guilty then they need to pay. If she is lying then she needs to pay. If this happened while adults were in the home, then they need to pay.

Good point rita. BTW What were kids who were minors for the most part doing out that late? I am a parent. My kids had curfew as long as they lived in my house. My oldest really did not like that when she moved back in but she did respect the rules of the house. She now thanks me and wishes she would have listened to me more. Funny how smart parents become the older and wiser the kids get isn't it?

Necks_Fan
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
A party? At whose house? The parents should be arrested. The party was probably at someone's house who was out of town and left their kid at home. That's how it usually works.

Friday night parties and what happened here are 2 totally different things. This is just a bad situation alltogether.:(

Emerson1
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The party was probably at someone's house who was out of town and left their kid at home. That's how it usually works.

I hope 3afan doesn't read this! :eek:

ImPrEsSiVeArEu
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Nothing good happens after midnight... and that is magnified significantly for high school kids.

In my personal expierence from when I was young and stupid, it didn't matter what time of the day it was...these things happen during lunch, kids skip class to engage sexual activitives.

I know a certain person that his parents raised him to not do that kind of stuff but he's chosen his own path and gets himself into trouble.

Electus Unus
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
This is a sad story for all parties involved but I would like to see how it ends up when more facts are present. As a poster said earlier you cannot take a womans word like we used to 20-30 years ago. It is a different generation for sure!

ImPrEsSiVeArEu
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
This is a sad story for all parties involved but I would like to see how it ends up when more facts are present. As a poster said earlier you cannot take a womans word like we used to 20-30 years ago. It is a different generation for sure!

Mhm that is a very correct statement!