PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Kennedale @ Kaufman

JR2004
10-18-2008, 03:09 AM
The district championship in 12-3A will be on the line in this one. The winner of this match-up will likely get Roosevelt and the loser of this game will play Madison in the first round of the playoffs.

I think this is going to be the most interesting game in Region II this week. The game is going to be played in Kaufman and I wonder if that might be enough for the Lions to pull it out. Both teams have very strong ground attacks and I expect a ton of points in this one. Both teams could exceed 40 points in this one. I hope Kennedale is able to pull this one out!

bleedgreen
10-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Kennedale will have to hit the ground running when the game starts. They can't wait until the second half to start hitting on all cylinders. This game will be decided by which team wants the district title most and probably fewest mistakes. Kennedale had a paid attendance of over 5000 because it was homecoming. These same people need to follow the Wildcats to Kaufman and show their support. I think if the players see that fan support, they might just pull this game off. Good luck to each team....they are both having great seasons.

JR2004
10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
Kennedale will have to hit the ground running when the game starts. They can't wait until the second half to start hitting on all cylinders. This game will be decided by which team wants the district title most and probably fewest mistakes. Kennedale had a paid attendance of over 5000 because it was homecoming. These same people need to follow the Wildcats to Kaufman and show their support. I think if the players see that fan support, they might just pull this game off. Good luck to each team....they are both having great seasons.

I hope this game has a large crowd. Playoff positioning in the D2 bracket will be decided by this game. If we didn't have a game on Friday I'd head down to watch this one.

charlesrixey
10-20-2008, 09:02 PM
This one will decide the district title-and both teams look pretty good as they march towards the playoffs.

Kennedale is unbeaten, but Kaufman is more than ready to slow down their offense.

should be a close, many-touchdown affair

JR2004
10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm going with the assumption that Celina wins this week. That should mean that Argyle will face the winner of this game if they make the 2nd round.

If Argyle pulls off an upset this week and Kennedale wins this Friday there is a good possibility of seeing a Kennedale-Celina 2nd round game. I guess all of that will be decided on Friday!

charlesrixey
10-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm going with the assumption that Celina wins this week. That should mean that Argyle will face the winner of this game if they make the 2nd round.

If Argyle pulls off an upset this week and Kennedale wins this Friday there is a good possibility of seeing a Kennedale-Celina 2nd round game. I guess all of that will be decided on Friday!

argyle will not be playing as the top seed in d2

JR2004
10-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
argyle will not be playing as the top seed in d2

Anything is possible! Last week showed me that in having a close game with Velt and your game, even though you weren't in attendance, should've shown you that anything is possible too!

charlesrixey
10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Anything is possible! Last week showed me that in having a close game with Velt and your game, even though you weren't in attendance, should've shown you that anything is possible too!

anything is possible, but if they don't win against argyle we won't have to talk about celina and the deeper rounds of the playoffs anyway:(

rholl
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I'll go with Kaufman in what should be an awesome game. Good luck to both teams. Might be one where last team with the ball wins like Kennedale/Alvarado last week.

charlesrixey
10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
i think kaufman may be able to pull this one out too

I_DONT_CARE
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
anything is possible, but if they don't win against argyle we won't have to talk about celina and the deeper rounds of the playoffs anyway:(
YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GAINESVILLE INSTEAD OF ARGYLE! :hijacktd:

buff4ever
10-23-2008, 10:52 PM
kennedale kids seem to know how to win, and w/o knowing much on either team, I am going with kennedale.

charlesrixey
10-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GAINESVILLE INSTEAD OF ARGYLE! :hijacktd:

we'll be alright:devil: