19. Eustace
20. Edna
21. LaGrange
22. Celina
23. Columbus
24. Argyle
25t. Silsbee
25t. Sinton

link (http://www.austintgca.com/vball/poll.cfm)

Last week's rankings (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87907&highlight=volleyball)

Interesting....:vrycnfsd: I know we've discussed how crazy these rankings are, but take a look at this week vs. last week. :doh: :D

Last Week vs. This week:
#2 Grosbeck is now #12
#8 Argyle is now ranked #7 & 24 :doh:
#10 Bridge City dropped out
#11 Columbus dropped to #23
#12 Palacios moved up to #10
#13 La Grange dropped to #21
#14 Edna dropped to #20
#15 Wharton dropped to #18
#16 China Spring dropped to #17
#17 Port Isabel moved up to #14
#18 Monahans moved up to #16
#19 Mexia moved up to #9
Gatesville, 1 of 4 teams tied for #20 moved up to #11!!!

Added Celina at #22 and added Silsbee at #25 tied with Sinton who was tied at #20 last week.

:clap: Alright then...

Please post your districts playoff representatives, if you know them.

Troybuilt
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I thought Brownwood was supposed to be good in volleyball.

Johnny Utah
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
9 from Region 4 in the top 20! Only one will survive and the rest will get FLUSHED!!!!

pirate4state
10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
9 from Region 4 in the top 20! Only one will survive and the rest will get FLUSHED!!!! Actually, there are only 6 in the top 20. 9 overall. ;)

BwdLions
10-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

25-8 overall
7-0 in District 2-3A

pirate4state
10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Current district standings D31

1. Sinton 28-5 (11-0)
2. Falfurrias 25-5 (9-2)
3. Aransas Pass 25-11 (8-3)

Orange Grove, West Oso & Ingleside all have 6 losses, so unless something crazy happens they are out.

eagles26
10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Interesting.... :vrycnfsd: I know we've discussed how crazy these rankings are, but take a look at this week vs. last week.

Last Week vs. This week:
#2 Grosbeck is now #12
#8 Argyle is now ranked #7 & 24
#10 Bridge City dropped out
#11 Columbus dropped to #23
#12 Palacios moved up to #10
#13 La Grange dropped to #21
#14 Edna dropped to #20
#15 Wharton dropped to #18
#16 China Spring dropped to #17
#17 Port Isabel moved up to #14
#18 Monahans moved up to #16
#19 Mexia moved up to #9
Gatesville, 1 of 4 teams tied for #20 moved up to #11!!!

Added Celina at #22 and added Silsbee at #25 tied with Sinton who was tied at #20 last week.

:clap: Alright then...

Here in District 9-3A we have Argyle, Celina, Gainesville, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro.

I'm guessing the pollster only meant to put Argyle at #24 because they lost to Celina in 4 Games, hence Celina coming into to the top 25.

eagles26
10-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Also Current Standings for District 9-3A

Prosper 8-0
Argyle 6-2
Celina 5-3

Looking4number8
10-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

Either we are good at volleyball or our district is very very weak. We have won every match except one in straight sets. That makes our district set record 24-1. Not too shabby!

gatordaze
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles26
Here in District 9-3A we have Argyle, Celina, Gainesville, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro.

I'm guessing the pollster only meant to put Argyle at #24 because they lost to Celina in 4 Games, hence Celina coming into to the top 25.

Argyle has to play Prosper. Celina has Gainesville and Sanger. If Celina wins out (which they should) and Prosper wins (which they should) Celina and Argyle will be tied.

eagles26
10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I am 99.9% sure the district playoff qualifiers in volleyball for 9-3A are Argyle, Celina, and Prosper.
Argyle is 6-2 with losses to Celina and Prosper.
Celina is 5-3 with losses to Argyle and Prosper twice.
Prosper is 7-0.
For Celina to place 3rd they can lose the next two games or lose one of the next two but have Argyle win both of the next two.
For Celina to place 2nd they must win the next two games and have Argyle to lose both of the next two games, or they must win the next two games yet have Argyle win one of the next two and then beat Argyle in a tiebreaker (match, coin toss, etc.).
For Argyle to place 3rd they would have to lose their next two games and Celina would win their next two games, or Argyle would win one of the two next games and Celina would win both of the next two games and Argyle would lose the tiebreaker against Celina.
For Argyle to place 2nd they must win their next two games, or they must win one of the next two games and have Celina lose both of the next two games.
For Argyle to place 1st they must win both of their next two games and have Prosper lose both of our next two games, and then Argyle must win the tiebreaker against Prosper.
For Prosper to place second we would lose the next two games and have Argyle win the next two games and then Prosper would lose to Argyle in a tiebreaker.
For Prosper to place first/become district champions they can either lose one of the next two or just clinch the title undefeated by winning both of the next two.

I know some of these are redundant but I am just trying to cover the major scenarios for all three teams.

Congrats to Argyle, Celina, and Prosper!
Good Luck In The Postseason!!

BTownVBall3
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Fun fact..

The Lucas Lovejoy (#1) coach called the Bellville (#2) coach and tried to set up a scrimmage earlier in the week.

This "idea" was thrown out real fast by the bellville coach. Why would anybody in their right mind even try to set up a match like that before the playoffs?

eagles26
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Foreshadowing of the state tourney perhaps? or at least in the Lovejoy Coach's mindset haha
Trying to get of ahead of the competition I would guess.
:)

gatordaze
10-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by eagles26
I am 99.9% sure the district playoff qualifiers in volleyball for 9-3A are Argyle, Celina, and Prosper.
Argyle is 6-2 with losses to Celina and Prosper.
Celina is 5-3 with losses to Argyle and Prosper twice.
Prosper is 7-0.
For Celina to place 3rd they can lose the next two games or lose one of the next two but have Argyle win both of the next two.
For Celina to place 2nd they must win the next two games and have Argyle to lose both of the next two games, or they must win the next two games yet have Argyle win one of the next two and then beat Argyle in a tiebreaker (match, coin toss, etc.).
For Argyle to place 3rd they would have to lose their next two games and Celina would win their next two games, or Argyle would win one of the two next games and Celina would win both of the next two games and Argyle would lose the tiebreaker against Celina.
For Argyle to place 2nd they must win their next two games, or they must win one of the next two games and have Celina lose both of the next two games.
For Argyle to place 1st they must win both of their next two games and have Prosper lose both of our next two games, and then Argyle must win the tiebreaker against Prosper.
For Prosper to place second we would lose the next two games and have Argyle win the next two games and then Prosper would lose to Argyle in a tiebreaker.
For Prosper to place first/become district champions they can either lose one of the next two or just clinch the title undefeated by winning both of the next two.

I know some of these are redundant but I am just trying to cover the major scenarios for all three teams.

Congrats to Argyle, Celina, and Prosper!
Good Luck In The Postseason!!

Thanks,

The part that you left out was that Argyle has Sanger and Prosper and Celina has Gainesville and Sanger. My bet is that to goes to the tie breaker as Prosper is not likely to lose.

eagles26
10-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Congratulations to the Prosper Lady Eagles Volleyball Team,
They beat a solid Whitesboro team at Whitesboro to secure the District 9-3A Championship, the first for Coach Jolene Vinson!
Congrats, beat Argyle and Go Undefeated for the First Time!!

Go Lady Eagles, Make A Deep Run In The Playoffs!!!!

sportsgram
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Sportsgram will be broadcasting Lovejoy Volleyball during their playoff run. We'll also be carrying Red Oak volleyball in the 4A ranks as well.

link removed ~ p4s