PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge!

Texasfootball2
10-20-2008, 12:43 PM
From everything I've heard and read about the Breckenridge Buckaroos, it's really a shame that they were put in a stack district like 3 2A. Other than district 8, I really think Breck could compete for a playoff spot in any other district in Reg. 1. They can move the ball and score some points, but are just overmatched in this district. Other than the Blowout by Bridgeport, they have played everybody else pretty tough.

Just wanted to give the Buc's some props!:D

Looking4number8
10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
:ditto: :iagree: :ditto: :iagree:

They have a few athletes but like I said in another post, the #9 kid is a beast. Not sure if he ever came off the field against Brownwood and he made the plays on offense as well as defense.

He was a buldozer of a runner!

Whole team never gave up though. I was impressed with the kids and fans.

Texasfootball2
10-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

They have a few athletes but like I said in another post, the #9 kid is a beast. Not sure if he ever came off the field against Brownwood and he made the plays on offense as well as defense.

Yes, I remember #9, I think his name is Robertson? I think there a above average 3A team that plays hard every week. They just have no chance in this district and I think they would be very competitive any most other 3A districts. I would love to see them win a district game as long as it's not this weekend:D

nobogey72
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

Is #9 Troy Roberson? Yeah, I imagine he is one of the better RB's in the dist. if not THE best. Pretty good bloodline.

Tres Lobos
10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
ya he has good blood line, his cousin chris roberson was our starting tailback in 05 on that quarterfinals team and than in 06.

95mustang
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
From everything I've heard and read about the Breckenridge Buckaroos, it's really a shame that they were put in a stack district like 3 2A. Other than district 8, I really think Breck could compete for a playoff spot in any other district in Reg. 1. They can move the ball and score some points, but are just overmatched in this district. Other than the Blowout by Bridgeport, they have played everybody else pretty tough.

Just wanted to give the Buc's some props!:D

I witnessed them play this past Friday and I agree they do have some talent on the team. Their running back is a stud for them. You can check out his stats for the year and see that.

nobogey72
10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
ya he has good blood line, his cousin chris roberson was our starting tailback in 05 on that quarterfinals team and than in 06.

I was thinking he was kin to Skipper Roberson from late 90's, about the same time as Byron Polley.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I was thinking he was kin to Skipper Roberson from late 90's, about the same time as Byron Polley.

Troy is Skipper's younger brother. A great athlete, and a great student at the school too. Had the pleasure of doing a few sports with Skipper - he was just a beast, and worked extremely hard too. GREAT bloodline to be from, athletically.

Glad to know the Bucks are at getting some acknowledgement in such a stacked district! Will get to watch my first (only) game this year on Friday. I'm extremely excited to see them fight under Fambrough. I've heard nothing but good things about their progress, their effort, and their perserverence.

Keep it up, Bucks. Good things will come!