PDA

View Full Version : Sealy 4-3 (1-1) at. Smithville 5-2 (1-1)

jrhernandez7
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Smithville coming off the most impressive win of there season and Sealy is realy startying to gell and make there push. Both teams will have to bring it because the inside track to the post season to the victor. It realy depends on who shows up , if both teams show up it could be wild one and i think smithville will make it close, im a hommer so im gona pick em, but its gona be a challenge for Smithville to pull it out but it can be done

ill go with 35-34 smithville

STAggie
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
If Sealy continues to play like they did Friday night they may not lose another game this year. The defense was swarming the offense was clicking and the play calling was perfect. Smithville is coming off a big win and is on the upswing. This will be a great game buy I think Sealy wins by at least a touchdown.

Sealy 35
Smithville 14

Budman007
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
What has caused the sudden turnaround at Sealy?

R4Editor
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
If Sealy has in fact found their "mojo" look for a 2 TD win by Sealy.

Good Luck Tigers! :D

STAggie
10-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
What has caused the sudden turnaround at Sealy?

The team has finally gelled and the distractions are gone. This is the way the team should have been playing from week one but there were to many egos and the team kinda bought into its own hype. But now Mitchell has them right were they need to be at the right time. Sealy is ready to make a big run.

Budman007
10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Good luck, Sealy! It's always good to see teams overcome adversity and off-the-field challenges. Kudos to the coach for getting them re-focused.

nunya
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Unless Smithville is satisfied after letting off steam in its win over La Grange, the team could rise above its former "pretender" status and turn some heads this week.
Smithville 20
Sealy 15

Bull's-eye
10-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm not touching this game with a 10 foot pole, both teams just came off very exceptional wins, surprising most of us so called experts. I still don't understand how Smithville destroyed La Grange. Did they copy the Bellville game plan and bring the house on just about every play? Good luck Tigers! :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Battle of the Cats, Smithville by a touchdown.

jrhernandez7
10-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm not touching this game with a 10 foot pole, both teams just came off very exceptional wins, surprising most of us so called experts. I still don't understand how Smithville destroyed La Grange. Did they copy the Bellville game plan and bring the house on just about every play? Good luck Tigers! :D

smithville had the speed to match up with la grange spread and keep the lg recievers in front an made LG realy work for the catch and great open field tackling. smithville also has one of the best pass rushers in the district #80, mix in the tigers ball control offense and it realy off set what lg was trying to do

957tiger
10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Sealy did enter the season with high hopes of returning to the play-offs. Last year was no fluke, most of the boys had played together since 7th grade, and the QB was a stabilizing factor in the huddle. This year brought a new QB, mostly new offensive/defensive lines and new faces all over the field, coaches included. Maybe it has taken 3 losses to right the ship so to speak. This group of kids are very close and have been playing sports for many years. This group has a different kid step up almost every play and that gets the momentum rolling. If the boys have a solid practice week and iron out some minor concerns, look for a strong and confident Sealy team to take the field on friday.

ratherbfishin
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Don't let the S'ville/LG game deceive you jr... Speed??? LG never had speed. Smithville is good. Good enough to beat Sealy or Giddings...who knows...we'll see soon enough, but I gotta give the edge to Sealy based on tradition. I might have to go see this one for myself. Good luck to both teams. Maybe the team who has the ball last wins???

STAggie
10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
How big is Smithville's visitors bleechers? I may be leaving kinda late and I need to know if I need to find someone to save me a seat.

Bull19
10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
i think sealy has really turned it up with the return of their running back, but after smithville's win at la grange i think they just might have enough to suprise sealy with a victory if they continue to keep playing like they have

jrhernandez7
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
How big is Smithville's visitors bleechers? I may be leaving kinda late and I need to know if I need to find someone to save me a seat.

umm decent size, not small by any means, but if sealy travels well it be a wise choice to just in case

957tiger
10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Will someone post a poll.

OldBison75
10-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Smithville has proven to the district that they are for real. Sealy has righted the ship and the super athletes are all playing team ball instead of individual ball. I think Sealy will continue the run ans win this game by 10. Sealy coaches are looking for week to week improvement and i believe it will continue. As a side note, Bellville better be ready for a Sealy Tiger attack in a couple of weeks.

pirate4state
10-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Sealy
or
Smithville

gtownfan
10-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
umm decent size, not small by any means, but if sealy travels well it be a wise choice to just in case

The crowd Sealy brought to Giddings 2 weeks ago will easily fit in Smithville's visitor bleachers! Probably 2-3 times that many.

But I suspect that that the crowd might be a little bigger since Sealy's big win over Columbus.

957tiger
10-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I heard there is very little sideline. The players have to stand on the track. Is that true?

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I heard there is very little sideline. The players have to stand on the track. Is that true?

From what I remember, that is true.

Bull19
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
any word on if sandra bullock will be there at the game?

solocam
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
Nope,We will be going to the Lioberty Hill Wimberly Game:cool:

Bull19
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Nope,We will be going to the Lioberty Hill Wimberly Game:cool: will yall be present for the game against bellville?

navscanmaster
10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
From what I remember, that is true. Weren't they painted wood sitting surface?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM

I will see her later will ask if she will be their and get back to you later.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2008, 09:32 PM

Their bleechers are the smallest in the district, both sides. The Visitors side has 3 sections, the band get 1 leaving 2 sections for fans. The Visitor side is smaller than Brookshire Royals visitor side. Watch Hope Floats and you will see the stands in the movie.

zebrablue2
10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Their bleechers are the smallest in the district, both sides. The Visitors side has 3 sections, the band get 1 leaving 2 sections for fans. The Visitor side is smaller than Brookshire Royals visitor side. Watch Hope Floats and you will see the stands in the movie.

are they really that small?? thought they had added some seats..

Bull19
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
are they really that small?? thought they had added some seats.. as did i. i thought they were bout one and a half times bigger than royal???

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
as did i. i thought they were bout one and a half times bigger than royal???

If there has been no new stands added since last season, they are the smallest in the district. 1 and a half times bigger? What are you on?

zebrablue2
10-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
If there has been no new stands added since last season, they are the smallest in the district. 1 and a half times bigger? What are you on?

LOL....must be on those MACnuggets.:D they have those in bearkat land...

STAggie
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Looks like I will have to get someone to save me a seat. I have a feeling Sealy will be traveling really well after last week's dismantling of Columbus. Smithville I hope you are ready cause the Sealy Tigers are coming and they are ready for a run at the district title.

centexgobbler
10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
As a sidenote to this game, this will be the first visit back to Smithville for my buddy Wade Birchum. He was the head coach in Smithville the last time they went to the playoffs. In fact, they had back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in years while he was in charge there. He is coaching in Sealy now. I may come down and see this one.

STAggie
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by centexgobbler
As a sidenote to this game, this will be the first visit back to Smithville for my buddy Wade Birchum. He was the head coach in Smithville the last time they went to the playoffs. In fact, they had back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in years while he was in charge there. He is coaching in Sealy now. I may come down and see this one.

Thats crazy I work a side job at River Ridge Golf Course and his brother Trey is head pro out there. Great guy.

pirate4state
10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
What type of offense/defense does Smithville run?

jrhernandez7
10-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by centexgobbler

wow did not know he was in sealy, i rember him very well, great coach, always was a big birchum fan,

and a 3-4 type d, and wing t offense

STAggie
10-23-2008, 06:53 AM
One more day. The boys here in Sealy are ready and fired up. I think Downey is going to have a field day against a 3-4 d, nothing against Smithville that is just my opinion. How is Smithville's qb?

jrhernandez7
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
One more day. The boys here in Sealy are ready and fired up. I think Downey is going to have a field day against a 3-4 d, nothing against Smithville that is just my opinion. How is Smithville's qb?

well if he is a north and south runner he should have success, but if tries to go sideline to sideline trying to break the big one wich alot of runners do espeicaly playing smithville and thinking theres more there than there aint he will have trouble with smithville awesome team speed

the qb is not an threat to throw at all, but needs alot of attention bc he can put his head down get your hard yardage and break the big one also.

957tiger
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
9th Smithville 14 Sealy 6 JV Sealy 36 Smithville 0

STAggie
10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
well if he is a north and south runner he should have success, but if tries to go sideline to sideline trying to break the big one wich alot of runners do espeicaly playing smithville and thinking theres more there than there aint he will have trouble with smithville awesome team speed

the qb is not an threat to throw at all, but needs alot of attention bc he can put his head down get your hard yardage and break the big one also.

Downey can do both but I don't think Smithville has the speed to match him, kid is so quick through the hole. Are there any good places to eat in or around Smithville?

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Tigers win this game!

STAggie
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Tigers win this game!

WOW, haven't heard that one yet. Real original. :D

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
WOW, haven't heard that one yet. Real original. :D

Tigers lose this one! :D

STAggie
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Tigers lose this one! :D

I'll give you that one, haven't heard it yet. LOL. Touche.

buff4ever
10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
It may not have happened on this thread, but I just read this thread from start to finish to see that NUNYA has been ejected from the board, and PIRATES4STATE has been benched???

Probably totally unrelated situations, but can anyone explain what the heck I missed in a PM to me.

I have to say NUNYA's ejection didn't surprise me much, except that it took as long as it did (not very long, but longer than I gave him)

BOCEPHUS
10-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Downey can do both but I don't think Smithville has the speed to match him, kid is so quick through the hole. Are there any good places to eat in or around Smithville?

uh huh, yeah, we gotz a pretty good 'choke and puke' out on the eastside, fore you get to the 1st blink'en light, did'n mean to bring up choke.............since y'all com'en to town, just slip of toungue

48minutes
10-24-2008, 10:16 AM

La Cabana is a good place to grab a bite, right there on 71 towards bastrop right outside of town.

STAggie
10-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
La Cabana is a good place to grab a bite, right there on 71 towards bastrop right outside of town.

Thanks but that is the wrong way for us. What about the Backdoor Cafe, Zimmerhanzel's BBQ, or Caboose Cafe, are they any good? I am trying to keep this simple as my wife freaks out when we are traveling to places we have never been and I see on the Smithville map of points of interest those are all on the way to the stadium. Thanks.

Bull19
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
dairy queen

Bull's-eye
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Whataburger is good, but don't park under the trees. The Red Mustache's brown truck turned white from all those birds. :D

GoPaStoners
10-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Know that Sealy won the game, but can someone provide some info about the game? Thanks.. Best of luck to the Smithville Tigers for rest of the season.. Coaches, you did a great job turning around the program..