A&M Consolidated-1
Harker Heights-2
Bryan-1
Killeen Ellison-1
Belton-1
Killeen Shomaker-2
Temple-1
Copperas Cove 1

* all 3a and 5a bands that got ones will Advance to Area Contest next week. 3a is in Georgetown and 5a is in Round Rock! good luck!

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Did my Research here is the full list of Band that will be at the Area D Marching Contest next weekend

Alverado
Bellville
Brownwood
Burnet
Caldwell
Cameron
China Spring
Connally
Gatesville
Giddings
Glen Rose
Gonzales
Kennedale
La Grange
Llano
Liberty Hill
Lorena
Navasota
Robinson
Rockdale
Sealy
Smithville
Taylor
West
Wimberly

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Are you going? And are you going to update me? :nerd:

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Are you going? And are you going to update me? :nerd: yes will be there start to finish! lol only if u want me to haha

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't need to know how every band does, but I would like to know about ours. :)

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't need to know how every band does, but I would like to know about ours. :) omg lol yeah im not that big on texting to do every band will give u the scoop on who makes finals then who makes state lol

nunya
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Did my Research here is the full list of Band that will be at the Area D Marching Contest next weekend

Alverado
Bellville
Brownwood
Burnet
Caldwell
Cameron
China Spring
Connally
Gatesville
Giddings
Glen Rose
Gonzales
Kennedale
La Grange
Llano
Liberty Hill
Lorena
Navasota
Robinson
Rockdale
Sealy
Smithville
Taylor
West
Wimberly

OMG - Caldwell has NEVER advanced to area before! Way to go, Sound of the Swarm

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by nunya
OMG - Caldwell has NEVER advanced to area before! Way to go, Sound of the Swarm yeah they did about 6 yrs ago lol. impressive they got straight 1's

nunya
10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
yeah they did about 6 yrs ago lol. impressive they got straight 1's

were you there? If so, did they wear white or black pants? When they changed to the original burnt orange and white instead of black, my wife said they looked a lot sharper a couple weeks ago.

JR2004
10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Does the UIL website have a list of each region and who advanced? If not is there another website to see results at?

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Does the UIL website have a list of each region and who advanced? If not is there another website to see results at? go to the link and select the year and region and itll have the results for Regions

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by nunya
were you there? If so, did they wear white or black pants? When they changed to the original burnt orange and white instead of black, my wife said they looked a lot sharper a couple weeks ago. no i was in Waco. but will be in Georgetown sat to see them

JR2004
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
go to the link and select the year and region and itll have the results for Regions

I looked and I didn't find what I wanted to see. I just want to see results for the region that small school bands from the Dallas area would be in.

If someone could provide a direct link to the page I'd appreciate it.

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I looked and I didn't find what I wanted to see. I just want to see results for the region that small school bands from the Dallas area would be in.

If someone could provide a direct link to the page I'd appreciate it. which schools?

JR2004
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
which schools?

I would like a link to where I can see all the results for the small schools (3A and below) in region 20.

marlin fan
10-19-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.uilforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp

go there select 2008 and Region 20 and then select 1A-4A under "select contest"

JR2004
10-20-2008, 12:09 AM
http://www.uilforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp

go there select 2008 and Region 20 and then select 1A-4A under "select contest"

Thanks. Found what I was looking for by using that link.

95mustang
10-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know much about Marching contest but I will say that I got to watch both Llano and Brownwood on Saturday and they are impressive.

I_DONT_CARE
10-20-2008, 03:48 PM
BAND TALK? :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
BAND TALK? :rolleyes:

Different strokes for different folks!

Some of us like band....you like sheep!!

To each their own!!

pirate4state
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
For some reason Allen Iverson's "we talking bout practice" comes to mind :thinking: :crazy1:

JR2004
10-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

To each their own!!

ROFL...Oh gosh that's a good one!

Pick6
10-20-2008, 04:01 PM

To each their own!!

Funny post of the day, WTG RM :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
10-20-2008, 05:24 PM

To each their own!! This is post of the week material right here.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Thread belongs on 3A Downblow

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Thread belongs on 3A Downblow HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Lol.

I agree..... band = boring halftime garbage that takes way too long.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Lol.

Then go to the bathroom if you don't like it!

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Lol.

For those who complain about the band, I bet that you would complain more if the band wasn't present on Friday nights. It amazes me how people always complain about the band but cry when the band is not present. Ask the Wylie people, they love their band. Its part of the Friday night excitement. Especially when your team is needing a big play and the band is there to make an incredible amount of noise and motivate the team. In Rattlerland, we enjoy our band.

Go Band!

navscanmaster
10-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
For those who complain about the band, I bet that you would complain more if the band wasn't present on Friday nights. It amazes me how people always complain about the band but cry when the band is not present. Ask the Wylie people, they love their band. Its part of the Friday night excitement. Especially when your team is needing a big play and the band is there to make an incredible amount of noise and motivate the team. In Rattlerland, we enjoy our band.

Go Band!
+1:clap: :clap: :clap:

JR2004
10-20-2008, 07:55 PM

Go Band!

I like our band too. The "Fresh Ones" are fun to watch during halftime. Most DISD bands are pretty entertaining and I really enjoyed our performance last week. Those kids did some fun stuff out there last week for Homecoming!

Even if I'm not really into the the opposing team's musical selections, I can appreciate the hard work they put into performing during the game as well as halftime.

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I like our band too. The "Fresh Ones" are fun to watch during halftime. Most DISD bands are pretty entertaining and I really enjoyed our performance last week. Those kids did some fun stuff out there last week for Homecoming!

Even if I'm not really into the the opposing team's musical selections, I can appreciate the hard work they put into performing during the game as well as halftime.

Thanks. People don't understand the amount of work that goes into the halftime performances. I was an athlete in high school. After having Coach Mike Dacus run us til the cows come home, I would then go to band practice for two hours in the 100 degree heat. Band is a serious activity!!!!

coachkiss
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Celina got straight ones...I assume that's good?

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Celina got straight ones...I assume that's good?

That's awesome. Now they advance to regionals. Congrats to Celina!

marlin fan
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
That's awesome. Now they advance to regionals. Congrats to Celina! hehe they already marched at regionals now they go to AREA!

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
hehe they already marched at regionals now they go to AREA!

Thanks, that what I meant B. :D

marlin fan
10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee okay. they are going to draw for performance order tomorrow at Hays high school at like 130

trojan37
10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Thread belongs on 3A Downblow

I can't believe you said that Rabid. To me, high school football is not high school football without the bands. They are what brings out the football atmosphere to me. On Friday night, the China Spring band really impressed me. And even more, at the end of their performance when they turned and marched to the home side, to hear the applause they received with just about everyone on the home side standing up and cheering for them, I thought that was awesome.

95mustang
10-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I too have to agree that the Band plays a significant part of the high school football experience. I can remember playing football in high school when the sound of the fight song blasted as we come on the field just helped set the tone for the night. I for one feel that the band is an integral part of the high school football atmosphere. There are always going to be haters out there that do not think like I do, but they can have their opinions like eveyone else does. I for one am I big supporter of the high school band. I am a big supporter of all the high school activities. These are our kids and our future.

Bullaholic
10-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Then go to the bathroom if you don't like it!

I sure wouldn't want to be sitting next to him if he takes your advice, LHPM. :D

Pick6
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I too have to agree that the Band plays a significant part of the high school football experience. I can remember playing football in high school when the sound of the fight song blasted as we come on the field just helped set the tone for the night. I for one feel that the band is an integral part of the high school football atmosphere. There are always going to be haters out there that do not think like I do, but they can have their opinions like eveyone else does. I for one am I big supporter of the high school band. I am a big supporter of all the high school activities. These are our kids and our future.

I remember in High School the football coach would send a coach over to the band director and ask him to play "Rocky", I'm showing my age here, at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

pancho villa
10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
I would rather mow my neighbor's yard than go to a band contest.

Bullaholic
10-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I would rather mow my neighbor's yard than go to a band contest.

Well, there's always baseball, Pancho....:D

pancho villa
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, there's always baseball, Pancho....:D

Standaround or Band whats the difference?

pirate4state
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I would rather mow my neighbor's yard than go to a band contest. You know you love the band! Afterall, they also turn left! HAHA :p

cshscougar08
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Coach Bell had the entire football team and staff at the contest on Saturday to support the band. He's a huge supporter of the band. He comes to rehearsals after practice sometimes as well.

Pick6
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Coach Bell had the entire football team and staff at the contest on Saturday to support the band. He's a huge supporter of the band. He comes to rehearsals after practice sometimes as well.

My brother-in-law is a High School band director, not at CS, and his family and Coach Bell's family are good friends.

HEMOTOXIC
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM

That's awesome!!! Kudos to Coach Bell.

pancho villa
10-21-2008, 12:53 PM

How feminine

JR2004
10-21-2008, 01:14 PM

He's always supported other sports and extra-curricular activities like marching band very well everywhere he's been at.

burnetboy
10-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Burnet Band edc state 08