PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Stafford - This Weeks Game!

TigerFan51
10-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Wharton will be looking for win number three in district! Keep it rolling, Tigers! Don't get ahead of yourselves and just take one game at a time...

Don't overlook Stafford and keep your mind on the task at hand.

fireman1
10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
last years game was close if i remember correctly so wharton cant think they are just going to roll over stafford

Necks_Fan
10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
last years game was close if i remember correctly so wharton cant think they are just going to roll over stafford Oh yes they can.

Stafford got BLOWN OUT by BR.

Stafford sucks EVERY YEAR and wharton has improved in a BIG way.

Tigers by 30.

maestro
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
wharton is now in the dangerous position that needville and royal were the past two weeks..

WHARTON IS SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS GAME...

and sometimes wharton has rouble with that.....

weird things happen in stafford.........

could wharton's new coaching staff be the " sealy " story this year??

TigerFan51
10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I truly do not think that this year's coaching staff is going to take this, or any game lightly! They know what is at stake and will continue to prepare the Tigers accordingly. It was mentioned that the Tigers barely won last year's game...an entirely different team with entirely different coaching than this year's and I'd like to emphasize the words LAST YEAR. I do know that this year's coaching staff's philsophy is to take one game at a time...

raider red 2000
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
wharton put up 42- on stafford last year.

score was 42-7

TigerFan51
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
wharton put up 42- on stafford last year.

score was 42-7

I honestly didn't remember what the score was from last year. A 42-7 win can hardly be defined as "barely getting by"!

I was told that Stafford doesn't really care about football, that basketball was their sport of preference. I would almost believe this after seeing how they are consistently non-contenders in football year in and year out.

raider red 2000
10-20-2008, 07:34 AM
they are usually better in basketball....but i wouldnt say that they dont care.

those coaches and kids work too hard not to care.

TigerFan51
10-20-2008, 09:24 AM
they are usually better in basketball....but i wouldnt say that they dont care.

those coaches and kids work too hard not to care.

I've never caught any of their practices so I personally wouldn't know HOW hard they work...

Wording should've been are more basketball-oriented than football-oriented...is that better? So how do you describe them then?

I suppose one couldn't say that they don't care about football, if your're coaching or playing I would think you are doing it because you care and because you do want to be there, but they don't make it very obvious on the field year in and year out.

fireman1
10-20-2008, 12:43 PM
wow 42-7 what was i thinkin have we ever had a close game with stafford? but anyways what im sayin is that we cant just take a game lightly because Wharton was "supposed" to get blown out a few times and it didnt happpen so to take a game lightly is outta the question good luck on the rest of the season tigers

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Stafford is GOOD year in and out in basketball. Thye have made it to the state tourney several time lately if I remember right.

Wharton should march up and down the field all night on Friday though.

JDOG
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Wharton will have no problem winning this one. Stafford is ready for the thump- thump sport.
Wharton by17

TigerFan51
10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Stafford is GOOD year in and out in basketball. Thye have made it to the state tourney several time lately if I remember right.

Wharton should march up and down the field all night on Friday though.

I know they are GOOD in basketball, it was football that I was referring to...but enough on that...

TigerFan51
10-21-2008, 06:26 AM
I know that nothing is for sure...especially in the present-day world of football BUT it is SO frustrating when a hometown public prediction is that Stafford will beat Wharton this week. Of course, their predictions have been for a loss in every game the Tigers have played this year.

Prove 'em wrong, Tigers! Practice hard and STAY FOCUSED!!! Let's see who has egg on their face come Saturday morning!

FbCoachB40
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Who predicted Wharton to lose? Was it the WJ-S?

TigerFan51
10-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I just HEARD it was someone associated with the WJ-S...but I DO try and take things with a grain of salt. It's just hearsay and you know how that can be.

raider red 2000
10-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
I just HEARD it was someone associated with the WJ-S...but I DO try and take things with a grain of salt. It's just hearsay and you know how that can be.

where did you see that at????

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
who cares who is picked to win. I'd rather be the underdog any day.

TigerFan51
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
where did you see that at????

It's just hearsay! Like Jpaycheck said, who cares who's predicted to win...I think being the underdog is better...especially when that dog turns and bites them on the rear!

Necks_Fan
10-21-2008, 05:34 PM
There is absolutely no way Wharton is the underdog in this game. This shouldn't be much of a contest.

TigerFan51
10-23-2008, 06:09 AM
One more day until game day and what wonderful weather it'll be tomorrow night for this, and all, the games! Finally, REAL football weather...

TigerFan51
10-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm about to hit the road for this one. I don't care WHAT the prediction is for any given game, I still get a nervous stomach and always make sure I carry my little brown bag with me...just kidding...but I do still get nervous and I don't really know why.

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there and may ALL have a very safe trip if you're a traveling team tonight. I also wish everyone a safe and injury-free games!