PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Playoff Scenarios

Matthew328
11-06-2002, 11:53 AM
17-3A: By far the most complicated district in the state...this much we know Gatesville is 5-1 and is in and will be D1...China Spring, West, LaVega and Hillsboro are all 4-2..CS plays 0-9 Whitney so let's assume they get a win..now let's post what each team needs to happen so they'll get in...China Spring needs to win, with a West loss they are in regardless..if West wins then China needs Hillsboro to win...if West wins and LaVega beats Hillsboro, China Spring is out..now for Hillsboro, first things first they must beat LaVega if they lose it's over..they also need West to lose to Robinson, if West beats Robinson then they are done...LaVega needs to beat Hillsboro, if they beat Hillsboro they are in regardless of the West-Robinson outcome..now for West...they simply need to win, if they win they are in...if they lose then they are done..don't ask me what will happen if China losses to Whitney!

18-3A: Marlin and Yoe are playing for district...Yoe will be D1 and Marlin will be top D2 seed...Rockdale is 2-2 and with a win against 1-3 Troy they are in...if Troy wins and Caldwell wins then it becomes a 3 way tie..and it goes to points...if Troy wins and Caldwell losses Troy is in..

19-3A: Mexia has the district locked up..and will be D1 Fairfield has the top D2 spot locked up...and Teague has the final spot locked up as well..ahh a simple district!

20-3A: Newton has the top spot in D2 clinched...Jasper has the D1 spot locked up...Kirbyville is 2-2 including a win over 2-2 Diboll..Woodville is 1-3 and still alive..they need to beat Kirbyville which likely will force a 3 way tie at 2-3..Diboll likely loses to Newton this week...last year Woodville beat Kirbyville in Week 10 to knock em out of the playoffs..

21-3A: Bridge City has the D1 spot clinched along with the district tittle..Orangefield and Hardin play this week for 2nd place and the top D2 seed....

22-3A: Barbers Hill has district locked up..Coldspring with a win gets 2nd...Liberty and Cleveland play for 3rd this week...if Liberty wins then they get 3rd and Barbers Hill goes D1, if Cleveland wins then Cleveland goes D1...

23-3A: Bellville has district locked up..Navasota is 3-1 and with a win over 2-2 Columbus gets the D1 spot...Sealy is also 3-1 but plays Bellville this week..if Columbus wins then it will create a 3 way tie at 3-2 for 2 spots..if Navasota misses out on the playoffs Bellville will be D1

24-3A: LaGrange has the tittle and top spot in D2 locked up...Elgin is D1 and they play D2 2nd seed Giddings for 2nd place in district

Matthew328
11-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Just moving this back to the top in case someone missed it...

Pudlugger
11-07-2002, 08:10 AM
Matthew328:
23-3A: Sealy is also 3-1 but plays Bellville this week..if Columbus wins then it will create a 3 way tie at 3-2 for 2 spots..if Navasota misses out on the playoffs Bellville will be D1
Only IF Sealy loses and Columbus wins will there be a three way tie for 2nd and 3rd. I realize Bellville is favored but you can't assume Sealy will lose. Anything can happen and Sealy plays at home for a share of the title. This will be a great game. :)

Talk_To_The_Paw
11-07-2002, 12:45 PM
I agree with Pudlugger, don't count Sealy out. Their QB is a good, all-around athlete and their running game speaks for itself with Williams and Andrus. Defense always seems to come through in tough situations.

Talk_To_The_Paw
11-07-2002, 12:50 PM
I agree with Pudlugger, don't count Sealy out. Their QB is a good, all-around athlete and their running game speaks for itself with Williams and Andrus. Defense always seems to come through in tough situations.

chris02
11-08-2002, 02:39 PM
just wanted to say thanks on the info on this topic. i'm a 17AAA fan and knew that things were all complicated and relied on what happens tonight and i just needed clarification on a few things of what exactly needed to happen for who to make the playoffs. thanks!