PDA

View Full Version : Hebron 30 Coppell 17

JR2004
10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&infoType=boxScore&schoolId=1364&sportId=3&eventId=156397

I know this is a 5A game, but there a few folks here who get out and watch some of the big school games and there's a 3A connection with Coach Shipley. Last night was the best defense I have seen Hebron play in any game I've watched them play over the last two seasons.

Those of y'all who follow college recruiting should get familiar with the name Michael Odiari. Mack Brown, Bob Stoops and every other coach in the Big XII needs to pay that kid a visit as soon as they can because he's going to be a big time recruit in the Class of 2010. He'll be a LB or DE in college, but he absolutely destroys opposing centers. They were doubling him last night and he was shedding both guys with ease and making plays sideline-to-sideline. I should add that he's started at NG since last season when he was a sophomore and he's listed at being 6'0" 222lbs. The kid has some wheels and amazing strength, that's for sure.

Jaxon Shipley did okay last night. He had a nice catch for about 40 yards or so on a broken play, but you could tell he's still got a lot to learn. He did well for a sophomore though.

One of the most interesting things about the game was the kickers. Coppell's kicker, Chase Wood, nailed a 50 yard field goal at the end of the first half that cleared the crossbar by at least 15 yards. It was just ridiculous to see that kid's leg strength.

Not to be outdone, Hebron kicker Kurt Walker nailed field goals from 48 and 45 yards on consecutive possessions that went right down the middle and easily cleared as well.

One other thing that I like is that even though Hebron is a 5A they will play guys both ways if they're good enough. They have two players that go both ways, Phillip Mitchell and Alex Norman, and neither seem to ever run out of energy. Mitchell has got a lot of guts to still be out there playing injured and going both ways. He's an exceptional young man.