PDA

View Full Version : There is a lot of action tonight-can we hear some reports?

Old Cardinal
08-22-2003, 06:09 PM
I am interested in Kirbyville, Jasper scimmages etc:,

Bobkat
08-22-2003, 11:34 PM
I saw on another message board that Nederland beat Jasper 26-0(3Td's, safety and FG) in their scrimmage. That came from a pretty good source so I'm sure it's pretty accurate.

Orangefield handled Deweyville easily, with both teams not having their starting tailbacks. OF scored twice in the controlled part of the scrimmage and held Deweyville scoreless. Played one 12 minute qtr with OF winning 14 to 0. Orangefield is really banged up right now. Several starters watched tonight, but I was proud of the way the team played. But they still have a long way to go.

hsfan
08-23-2003, 08:38 AM
the bh first team o an d looked pretty good tonite,even though they lost to st. pius 2-1.just like every other team they seemed to be looking at a lot of different players at the first couple of possesions.shows looked good running tonite.

Old Cardinal
08-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the report, BobKat, that Deweyville is no team to sneeze at. They are well coached and come to play. They give their all...Sounds like OF will be in the mix for the playoff positions..

Bobkat
08-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks Old Card, we'll be okay once we get back some key players. Starting tailback Goss is out and so is all district DT Tyler Knox. They'll be kept out till the season starts on the 5th, we scrimmage 4A Livingston this week. Modica to Farias looked very good last night, with the two hooking up on a pair of long TD passes. Hopefully injuries will go away and we can build some momentum in the preseason to make a strong district run. I'll be out at the stadium here in a little while to watch those Cardinals. Hope the put a whooping on those Silsbee Tigers.

sphinx1906
08-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Newton played Ozen and won 2-1 during the scrimmage portion. Noboby scored during the game portion but Ozen never crossed the 50 yard line. It was a good look at how Newton can do against a good team. Ozen is no slouch, they will do well this year.

Old Cardinal
08-23-2003, 12:48 PM
How did Hardin-Jefferson do in their scrimmage?