PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood/Breckenridge

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 02:55 AM
How come Brownwood allowed so many points???

They not have much of a D?

Congrats to em' on the 56-26 win!

Rocket, BEAST where you guys hidding?

95mustang
10-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Only 2 of the scores was against the starting defense. One of the scores was from another fumble that was returned inside the 5 yard line. The last score was in the final minutes of the game when most of the starters were resting, but yes the Brownwood defense is not hitting on all cylinders yet. There are 7 or 8 sophmores that are playing on defense but they are learning, growing, and improving every game. I am looking forward to the remainder of the regular season. I think they will be up to the challenge when it comes to Snyder and Sweetwater.

Looking4number8
10-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Yep, our defense still needs some work. Actually thought they played pretty well against Wylie but lacked a little last night. However have to give some credit to the Breckenridge kid #9. I think his name was Robertson. He was a man amongst boys. If he had a little more help around him, Breck would be dangerous! He was a bulldozer all night long!

Guess we have to have the Texas Tech game plan. Score often because we are going to be scored on. Our best defense is our offense.

I think our defense is comming around. At least I hope so.

BEAST
10-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Not hiding. Just was a late night. After the game, we spend alot of time at the stadium so our kids get to play with their "big lion". Brownwoods offense was spectacular. The points you are refering to are a bit deceiving. Like was already pointed out. One of the tds was set up by a fumble recovery. Then #9 took it 80 yards to the house. He is the best back IMO that we have seen yet. Then at the end, alot of different faces were on the field.

I just cant say enough about our offense last night though. They approached 700 total yards. If they had been allowed to by the coaches, we could have scored well into the 70s and had way more yards.

BEAST

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not hiding. Just was a late night. After the game, we spend alot of time at the stadium so our kids get to play with their "big lion". Brownwoods offense was spectacular. The points you are refering to are a bit deceiving. Like was already pointed out. One of the tds was set up by a fumble recovery. Then #9 took it 80 yards to the house. He is the best back IMO that we have seen yet. Then at the end, alot of different faces were on the field.

I just cant say enough about our offense last night though. They approached 700 total yards. If they had been allowed to by the coaches, we could have scored well into the 70s and had way more yards.

BEAST

Wow, congrats to the Brownwood offense :clap: 700yds is amazing.

Looking4number8
10-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Wow, congrats to the Brownwood offense :clap: 700yds is amazing.

I dont know the official stats but very very little of that was in the 4th. The final 12 minutes of the game we handed to younger running backs.

Fans knew from the radio that Parker Taylor had 295 yards recieving already. We were yelling to thow the ball to Parker but wisely, the coach never did. Really wanted to see him git 300 yards recieving in one game.