PDA

View Full Version : 7-0 Bellville Brahmas vs 6-1 Columbus Cardinals.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 12:05 AM
The Brahmas travel to Columbus for a District game with the Card's, Bellville's Defense came up big vs Giddings to get the win over the Buffalos in the 2nd district game for both teams. Columbus on the season in District falls to 6-1 with the loss to Sealy. Will Bellville go 8-0 or will the Columbus get the up-set? Give comments on how you see this one.

buff4ever
10-18-2008, 12:13 AM
FBB, take your time man. You have a whole week for this, I am not even sure this game needs a poll. You guys will be the best team that columbus has played yet, and we just learned what sealy the current best team they have played did to them.

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The Brahmas travel to Columbus for a District game with the Card's, Bellville's Defense came up big vs Giddings to get the win over the Buffalos in the 2nd district game for both teams. Columbus on the season in District falls to 6-1 with the loss to Sealy. Will Bellville go 8-0 or will the Columbus get the up-set? Give comments on how you see this one.
Hey FBB without a dobt this will be good one. Columbus will be a different team this next week. They will for sure get a hold on the O brothers or they will have an uphill battle again. I am sure coach Mascheck is not going to put up with this any longer. That is not his style of FB and it will get taken care of. Sealy no doubt had their guns loaded and Downey put on a show. Good game to both teams and lets keep it clean.

Johnny Utah
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Bellville wins Region 4 Championship in whichever division they go into.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by deer spotter
They will for sure get a hold on the O brothers I am sure coach Mascheck is not going to put up with this any longer. Good game to both teams and lets keep it clean.

What do you mean by O brothers? Keep what clean? If you are talking about dirty play, you dont have to worrie about Bellville. Sounds like Columbus plays that way, by your post?

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
What do you mean by O brothers? Keep what clean? If you are talking about dirty play, you dont have to worrie about Bellville. Sounds like Columbus plays that way, by your post?
Name initials. Nothing dirty intended for sure.

buff4ever
10-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
FBB, take your time man. You have a whole week for this, I am not even sure this game needs a poll. You guys will be the best team that columbus has played yet, and we just learned what sealy the current best team they have played did to them.

I prolly don't deserve one, but I was really hoping to atleast get a small response from deer spotter with this message. This is all just for fun on here deer spotter, if you want to call me out as I had columbus called out, don't go crawl in a hole and act like I don't exist. You were all over me until that game.:D :D

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm curious as to what happened to what I thought was a good Columbus team. BTW, FBB and I had contacted the Houston Chronicle when they weren't giving the Cardinals any respect. The paper was listing Needville in their top 10 (not listing Columbus at all), even though the Jays were defeated 21-0, at that time, by the undefeated Cardinals.

Everything points to a Bellville win, but I hope the Brahmas don't come in flat after playing 2 very emotional games. Seeing what Sealy did to Columbus, Bellville could get a little overconfident or start looking ahead for their clash with Sealy.

OldBison75
10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Bellville should win this game without a doubt. But I think Columbus will be out to prove they are not a fluke. They will be emotional and ready. Bellville must come out strong and play Columbus and not worry about the next game until the week of the game. Nunn will run hard and the Bellville defense should control the Columbus offense. It will probablybe close but Bellville wins by at least 10 in the end.

STAggie
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Bellville should win this one easily. Also, Spotter, you say keep the game clean but what was up with Columbus at the end of the game trying to start stuff with Sealy for the sake of starting stuff? Sounds like your boys are the ones that need to keep it clean, not Bellville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Columbus had 4 starters out for the sealy game, Bellville also has as many out for the last few weeks, will both teams be @ 100% or not?

Bull19
10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Columbus had 4 starters out for the sealy game, Bellville also has as many out for the last few weeks, will both teams be @ 100% or not? not

trg
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I think the Bulls will win this one. Our defense is doing an awesome job and hopefully our offense is getting it all together. I think they will be focused on the current game and will wait to focus on Sealy till next week.

Go BULLS!!!!!

deer spotter
10-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Bellville should win this one easily. Also, Spotter, you say keep the game clean but what was up with Columbus at the end of the game trying to start stuff with Sealy for the sake of starting stuff? Sounds like your boys are the ones that need to keep it clean, not Bellville.
You are absolutely correct. We do need to keep our emotions in check. We play with a lot of emotion and sometimes it overfows. Columbus and Bellville have always been staunch rivals,but they have always played clean games. They play with lots of style and lots of power. Should be a great game. Columbus always turns up the heat when they need to. I guess we should have turned it up more last week. Columbus will be out to prove they are not flukes. Columbus by 7.

UPanIN
10-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Bellville should win this one easily.

But they won't.

Columbus will upset Bellville in this one.

Columbus by 6

MJMbrahmas10
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
no way bellville will over look columbus they know what they are capable of doing. Before the bulls came out the helmet for the gidings game i heard them chanting " D.C! D.C! D.C!" these boys want to win district more than anything and they know to get that they have to defeat everyone and after the impressive win against giddings the defense is pumped up more than ever they will not take the cardinals lightly and they will play just as hard. the offense takes care of the ball and the defense will be the backbone to take care of columbus. nothing against columbus i just think the bulls are too much this year.

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
nothing against columbus i just think the bulls are too much this year. I agree.

Brahmas by 24.

Bull19
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
if the passing game starts clicking i would say that bellville has the chance to make a deep run in the playoffs, but from what i saw last week it looks like the passing game WILL NOT get on track this season. hopefully the running game and defense will be enough to carry the team.

with that being said i got bellville beating c-town by 14+.

HTripleC13
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen a Brahma football game... Tell me Bull19, what's the game going to be like Friday? I'm making the long trip down, so you better be there...

Bull19
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
It's been a long time since I've seen a Brahma football game... Tell me Bull19, what's the game going to be like Friday? I'm making the long trip down, so you better be there... well watching a brahma football game ur gunna get the kind of feeling maverick got when he went to top gun. the excitment will be in the air as the undefeated brahmas roll into c-town to face a columbus team coming off of a tough loss against sealy. your gunna see some good ole' fashin hard nose runnin from the brahmas with a sprinkle of a few incomplete passes followed by a screen pass that will go 40 yards for a touchdown. on the other side of the ball you will see some of the good "wreckin crew" like defense that we all once saw outa those texas aggies. defesne hits hard and is very good against the run. special teams hasnt changed much. pooch kick accompined by an occasional field goal. the atmosphere should be great as the bulls travel to the newely renovated cardinal football field. expect nothing less than a brahma victory as they charge on for a chance at winning the district championship. GO BRAHMAS!

COME SIT BY US STUMP. ILL BE THE ONE WEARING RED

HTripleC13
10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
well watching a brahma football game ur gunna get the kind of feeling maverick got when he went to top gun. the excitment will be in the air as the undefeated brahmas roll into c-town to face a columbus team coming off of a tough loss against sealy. your gunna see some good ole' fashin hard nose runnin from the brahmas with a sprinkle of a few incomplete passes followed by a screen pass that will go 40 yards for a touchdown. on the other side of the ball you will see some of the good "wreckin crew" like defense that we all once saw outa those texas aggies. defesne hits hard and is very good against the run. special teams hasnt changed much. pooch kick accompined by an occasional field goal. the atmosphere should be great as the bulls travel to the newely renovated cardinal football field. expect nothing less than a brahma victory as they charge on for a chance at winning the district championship. GO BRAHMAS!

WOW! Goosebumps.... I'll find ya...

Bull19
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Goosebumps those are some good books:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll find ya...

Bull-19 you can find him close to the Band, ussualy in the Tuba section.:D

Bull19
10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Bull-19 you can find him close to the Band, ussualy in the Tuba section.:D shiner hobo band?

trg
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Well I cheered for the Cardinals a looooooooong time ago but I have one cheering for the Bulls this Friday night.... So GOOOOOO BULLS!!!!

BrahmaMom
10-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Don't forget my little footballs, trg. Now, on to football...Bull19 sums it up well. I continue to fret about our offense. Of course, I am a defense kinda mom from way back, but I'm learning. To go deep in the play offs, the Brahmas have to pull the offense together. Same song, second verse... The Brahmas have two players that have something to prove to the Cards, so I expect some intensity Friday night. Let's cage the Cardinals, Bulls!!

BTownVBall3
10-22-2008, 08:18 PM
UPan, can I ask what are you basing your prediction on?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Columbus had 4 starters out for the sealy game, Bellville also has as many out for the last few weeks, will both teams be @ 100% or not?

Heard Columbus had 8 out vs sealy 4 offense and 4 defense?

trg
10-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm working on it BrahmaMom. LOL. See you at the game, tonight????

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Does Columbus still play polka for the pre-game music? That can really fire up those country boys. :)

STAggie
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Does Columbus still play polka for the pre-game music? That can really fire up those country boys. :)

If they do, I hope they find something else cause it didn't work last week.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM

98.3 KULM and the Ricky Canik Show.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
If they do, I hope they find something else cause it didn't work last week.

They didn't play at home last week. Only the home team can play pre-game music.

Necks_Fan
10-23-2008, 06:25 PM
They didn't play at home last week. Only the home team can play pre-game music. LOL.
:doh:

BrahmaMom
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Let's hope the Brahmas are ready to play tomorrow night!!

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
98.3 KULM and the Ricky Canik Show.

I'm waiting for Ricky to go national and bring polka back to America. :)

STAggie
10-23-2008, 09:38 PM
They didn't play at home last week. Only the home team can play pre-game music.

They could have played it in the locker room if they wanted. Also, Sealy needs to re vamp its pre game music. The AC/DC is getting old.

Brahma84
10-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Anyone have the sub-varsity scores. I think Bellville was 4-0 tonight. 8th grade won 8-6, but not sure of any other scores.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
[B]They could have played it in the locker room if they wanted. /B]

Now, how would they hear it while warming up on the field?
:D

STAggie
10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Now, how would they hear it while warming up on the field?
:D

All it said was pre-game music. To me that includes everything up until coming out onto the field to play including time spent in the locker room.

Bulligator
10-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Anyone have the sub-varsity scores. I think Bellville was 4-0 tonight. 8th grade won 8-6, but not sure of any other scores.

7th won big, along with JV and freshmen. All by at least 21.

zebrablue2
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
good luck to the brahmas friday night. keep it rolling. play injury free- both teams- go hackbar.:D

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good luck to the brahmas friday night. keep it rolling. play injury free- both teams- go hackbar.:D

What's a hackbar?

buff4ever
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
What's a hackbar?

you're a hackbar!:D

zebrablue2
10-23-2008, 10:56 PM
What's a hackbar?

the inside little gig that will take us deep into the playoffs. coached his uncle- umped with his dad. now U have to figure it out-LOL.:D

Bull's-eye
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
the inside little gig that will take us deep into the playoffs. coached his uncle- umped with his dad. now U have to figure it out-LOL.:D

Good, that means I'm not a hackbar. I thought Buff4never was calling me names. :(

zebrablue2
10-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Good, that means I'm not a hackbar. I thought Buff4never was calling me names. :(

look in the program- U will figure it out--LOL... when you do, give me a BIG OK--- I get it.... Good night. Did the fr.-jv games tonight with a 3 man crew. got 1 tomorrow night, and 3 pee wees on saturday. I am tired, and tired thinking about it--LOL. mr. sandman, take me away....

PS: Heavy on the buff4never...:D

Bull19
10-24-2008, 08:05 AM
bellville wins this one by 17+

BrahmaMom
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Glad to see "hackbar" is ok after last week's injury. I am ready for some football with great football weather. The Brahmas should be proud of their record but never complacent. We need a convincing win tonight to keep fired up. I know they can do it. Go after Columbus, Bulls!! Big win tonight!!

boba fett
10-24-2008, 09:48 AM
It'd be great if Columbus could pull off the upset, but the Bulls have too much talent.

Bulls by 14

48minutes
10-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Bellvilles D is to solid for the cards.. and Nunn will roll on offense.

Good luck to both teams, but I see Bellville coming out on top by a lot.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Any word on the injured players? I heard 2 were cleared last Thursday, but neither suited up.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
look in the program- U will figure it out--LOL... when you do, give me a BIG OK--- I get it.... Good night. Did the fr.-jv games tonight with a 3 man crew. got 1 tomorrow night, and 3 pee wees on saturday. I am tired, and tired thinking about it--LOL. mr. sandman, take me away....

PS: Heavy on the buff4never...:D

:nerd: I got it, just wanted to mess with Buff4ever. When he makes a tackle tonight, I'll yell way to go Hackbar. Next time you see his mom, ask her what a "squabbler" is?

Bull19
10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
schobel's game of the week? winner gets a chicken dinner?

Bull's-eye
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
schobel's game of the week? winner gets a chicken dinner?

After the way Subway dropped the ball last week, I'm sticking with DQ. We may eat at Schoebels before the game, meet us there and I will buy you a chicken dinner.

Brahma84
10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Any word on the injured players? I heard 2 were cleared last Thursday, but neither suited up.

Jackson and Hackemack should suit up. Both would be available if needed. Huebner was cleared this week and will began to practice Monday. We will also get our ineligible players back next week(grades). That would just leave Pouncy, who has a foot injury, as our only player out.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Good news on the returning players. Brahmas, time to get fired up! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Bellville gets by 20 -14 vs Columbus in Columbus. Bellville Defense once again stops the opposing Offense to get the win. Bellville will need to get the Offense on track next week vs Sealy. Bellville has had key players out for the last 3 week and look to get them back vs the Tigers.

buff4ever
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
oh my gosh, enough already with the hurt player talk, we all have em it is getting late in the year.

Keep winning and enjoy yourselfs bellville dudes.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
oh my gosh, enough already with the hurt player talk

Not Talk Fact!

Brahma84
10-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Bellville 0-7-7-6-----20
Columbus 0-14-0-0---14

Bellville 247 total yards
Nunn runs for 101 with 3 TD's

Columbus 295 total yards
Bubak runs for 130 yds

Columbus fumbled 5 and lost 5.

Bellville Defense wins the game again.

baseballmom
10-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Bellville had an early christmas aginst Columbus tonight. No doubt Bellville is good but not as good as I thought they should have been. Bellville defense is good, they strip the ball very well. This made the difference in the game. Columbus played well enough to win. Just some bone head decisions by some players made the out come in Bellvilles favor.

GoPaStoners
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Honestly I feel this was one of the best games that I have had the chance to watch in a long time.. Both teams played extremely well and it was a really clean contest.. Not to upset the BB loyalists, but I feel as though Columbus controled the contest.. Mistakes here and there.. Very proud of the Cardinals in this contest.. Look to see them rebound against La Grange and then compete with Giddings for the playoffs..

Watcher
10-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Good to have made it back for this game. Great game by both teams. Cards made some serious mistakes in second half, that Bellville definitely capitalized on. Bellville program played with class and will represent district with a lot of class. Good luck Bulls, looks like a 10 and 0 season for you. By the way, Nunn is the real deal.

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Sounds like this was a helluva game. Columbus played very well except for turnovers, and the Bellville defense capitalized and got the ball for the offense. An earlier post says that Nunn is the real thing. If anybody has seen Nunn before this year, they already knew that. He is a strong runner and has the capability to control the game from the running back position. He will be a force at the next level too.

Bellville now has to face the big rival game of the year in this area. Sealy started the year with high hopes and now finds themselves in a fight for the playoffs. If Bellville falters even a little, this couod be like Rockdale vs Caldwell last night. Sealy is capable of winning and will be fired up for Bellville as always. The Bellville defense will keep this game low scoring enough to win and the offense will have to make some plays to win. Look for a hard hitting matchup.

BTownVBall3
10-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Bellville did not capitalize on any of those turnovers when it really mattered. Columbus fumbled the ball on their side of the field late in the game twice and Bellville missed 2 FGs. Game could have been both a blowout in the 4th, or even a loss.

BrahmaMom
10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Leave it to a mom to call it like it is. I am still not as impressed with the Brahmas as their record would have me be. The offense has got to step up. Injuries hurt any team--the rest of the team just steps up to do what it takes. Brahmas need to get pumped and work hard in practice this week, or we will have some crow eating going on in Austin Co. Tremendous game by the Cards, by the way. I was on the edge of the bleachers all night! GO BRAHMAS!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:48 PM
How many turnovers did Bellville commit?

5 fumbles is no bueno. :doh: and still played to 6 points of the undefeated Brahmas. Nice!

Reds fan
10-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How many turnovers did Bellville commit?

2... one intercepted and a fumble...

Bull19
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Leave it to a mom to call it like it is. I am still not as impressed with the Brahmas as their record would have me be. The offense has got to step up. Injuries hurt any team--the rest of the team just steps up to do what it takes. Brahmas need to get pumped and work hard in practice this week, or we will have some crow eating going on in Austin Co. Tremendous game by the Cards, by the way. I was on the edge of the bleachers all night! GO BRAHMAS! ditto brahma mom......the offense has got to step it up. the passing game looked terrible again. i almost wish we would run the ball 98% of the time and only pass maybe two or three times a game just to keep the other team honest. we got arguablly the best running back(s) in the area, so i figure use the hell outa them. the passing game continues to shoot the offense in the foot forcing them into 3rd and longs and even more passing situations which we are unable to get out of. imo bellville would do themselves alot of good by throwing the whole passing game outa the window.

columbus controlled the clock the whole first half and bascially wrote a manual on how to control the brahmas. if bellville plays like this against sealy they will lose, and they will be one and done in the playoffs......bellville needs to come into the sealy game ready to make a point and completely pound the football down their throat imo. GOOD LUCK BRAHMAS THE REST OF THE WAY

Watcher
10-26-2008, 08:32 PM
It has already been said on this post that injuries don't mean a whole lot. Columbus played the worst possible game against a Sealy team that they could. They had major injuries that made a hell of a difference. They still have two key players out. All the Sealy posters who were so down on their team earlier this year that they were happy not to play against Altaire Rice are now jumping on ship talking about being the best team in our district. Bellville is an all around team and Sealy defense will not stop the Bull's offense unless the same black and white striped tigers that were in Sealy call in the Pasture of Pain. Bulls pick your level up at a top ten team and don't make this game an issue.

BrahmaMom
10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't know how it can be said any clearer. I am worried about the Sealy game. This Brahma team is talented but we've got to put them to use and make no mistakes. To go very far in the playoffs, we have to be focused and well-disciplined. I am not sure we are all on that same page. I am not ready to throw the passing game out the window, I AM ready to improve our passing game so we have all the tools at our disposal! This is a big week, Brahmas!!

STAggie
10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Watcher
It has already been said on this post that injuries don't mean a whole lot. Columbus played the worst possible game against a Sealy team that they could. They had major injuries that made a hell of a difference. They still have two key players out. All the Sealy posters who were so down on their team earlier this year that they were happy not to play against Altaire Rice are now jumping on ship talking about being the best team in our district. Bellville is an all around team and Sealy defense will not stop the Bull's offense unless the same black and white striped tigers that were in Sealy call in the Pasture of Pain. Bulls pick your level up at a top ten team and don't make this game an issue.

Grab a tissue and get over it. It has already been stated that Sealy had more penalties and you are still complaining. Way to go Brahmas. I can not wait till Friday night.

957tiger
10-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Watcher
All the Sealy posters who were so down on their team earlier this year that they were happy not to play against Altaire Rice are now jumping on ship talking about being the best team in our district.

Not sure who you are referring to with your post. Most Sealy fans were concerned about the loss of key players through graduation and the number of players who decided to sit out their senior year. So the answer was yes we were concerned about the durability of the team. All the folks who were upset about Sealy's pre-season ranking made for interesting reading, I don't think it was Sealy fans blasting the rankings. After going 3-0 followed by 0-3 is enough to cause even the most dedicated fan to have their doubts. But I have yet to hear in town or read a post that any fan or player has said they are the best in the district. That claim at this point would be absurd. And if you were at the Columbus vs. Sealy game perhaps you saw a different game. When the holder on the extra-point gets driven in the ground, who also happens to be the QB that is I guess okay in your book, or perhaps when your DB makes a throat slashing gesture after breaking up a pass and gets flagged, that was a justified example of good sportsmanship. Your statement would indicate the two examples among many incidents were the result of poor officials and not undisciplined players. Please pay more attention to the game, before you share your one-sided views.

Kickin It
10-27-2008, 09:47 AM
]

Bull's-eye
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
columbus controlled the clock the whole first half and bascially wrote a manual on how to control the brahmas. if bellville plays like this against sealy they will lose, and they will be one and done in the playoffs......bellville needs to come into the sealy game ready to make a point and completely pound the football down their throat imo. GOOD LUCK BRAHMAS THE REST OF THE WAY

Very observant Bull19, the way the Cardinals attacked the Bellville defense was text book. Bellville did make some adjustments at halftime and did a better job against the power running. Columbus was able to catch Bellville blitzing with some quick hits (runs) away from the charging LB's. They also had a big back that could break the initial defense and forced the Bellville secondary to make the stops.

Early on, I questioned how this Bellville attacking defense would fare against the spread offense. I've come to a conclusion that this defense may of been designed to stop the spread by pressuring the QB and not giving him time to throw the ball. Bellville has had great success against the teams running the spread formation, including Livingston & their A&M recruited QB.