PDA

View Full Version : A 3ADownlow Coaching Staff.......???

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-18-2002, 01:38 PM
This is just more out of curiosity than anything........

IF one of the coaches on the board became an AD/Head Coach.....and he hired all the other coaches from the 3A Downlow board onto his staff.......

Question for non-coaches - Do you think that the 3ADownlow coaching staff would be a good one? Why?

Question for coaches - If YOU were the AD/HFC, which school would you like to coach at, and why?

(My response) - I hate to be biased, but i'd love to be AD/HFC at Port Isabel someday. It wouldn't be fair to myself to coach at a school where there's already awesome talent, like a Newton, La Grange, Jasper, Commerce.....I would much prefer trying to build a team who doesn't have great strength, speed, or talent into a team who is quick, fast, strong, and can execute their assignments well. That exact thing has been going on at Port Isabel for decades, and I would be honored to continue that tradition. Any coaches from the 3ADownlow would be more than welcome to join me at Port Isabel if they chose to do so.

keep_it_real
09-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Thats a pretty good question. I think it could be a very productive staff, because there are many different ideas brought out in this forum. IF we could all work together, there would be one exciting team, with a very wide range of backgrounds on the staff.

mojjo_1
09-18-2002, 07:20 PM
I would want to coach the ficional school that would be built 6 miles from Jasper and 6 miles from Newton. On the county line, will call it Holley Springs High.