PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/Columbus...(This CAN'T be right)

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
39-7 Sealy? F

WOW!

I wonder what Ole Deer Spotter will have to say about that?

Sealy is not very good. Maybe Downey made all the difference.

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
yeah, and I saw that WHARTON beat needville handily, only think going for columbus on strength of scheduled victories is that smithville killed LG tonite (SHOCKER)

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Sealy is not very good.
Maybe Sealy is a heck of a lot better than a lot of people have given them credit for! :)

buff4ever
10-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe Sealy is a heck of a lot better than a lot of people have given them credit for! :)

I do remember me saying that Sealy played very well last week and like a true team. I also remember me saying that they would kill columbus, but those deer and kickin it people from columbus said I know nothing about football.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I do remember me saying that Sealy played very well last week and like a true team. I also remember me saying that they would kill columbus, but those deer and kickin it people from columbus said I know nothing about football.
Well, duh. Of course they did. ;)

headhunter
10-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I thought Sealy would be pretty tough this year. They had a little trouble with injuries but they are still a pretty solid team. No secret to how they win games. Ball control offense, they can't turn it over because their defense is suspect to giving up big plays. I still think Sealy will be a tough playoff team. I said this since week 1, don't let me down Tigers

OldBison75
10-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I said that this was Sealy's week to get back in the picture, but I never believed it would be in this fashion. Sealy has good athletes that have had to deal with on and off the field problems that hurt them bad. I still believe that Sealy will be a factor in the playoffs and surprise some people.

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 03:01 AM
39-7 Sealy? F

WOW!

Sealy is not very good. Maybe Downey made all the difference. Maybe, just maybe YOU don't know what the hell you are talking about. Ever think about that?

GOOD WIN SEALY!!! Keep it going.

:2thumbsup

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 07:55 AM
39-7 Sealy? F

WOW!

No doubt that Downey is a great athlete. Sealy did come out ready that was for sure. But man the officiating was horrible. Their was some really BAD CALLS at critical times for the Cardinals.What in the world are they going to do about these oneway blatant calls that swing momentum and cost teams games. If you were there you know what I am talking about. If you say it was not bad officiating your head was in the sand. Sealy will surely be a player if they keep it up and Downey stays healthy. See ya down the road. What comes around goes around.

Bullaholic
10-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by deer spotter
No doubt that Downey is a great athlete. Sealy did come out ready that was for sure. But man the officiating was horrible. Their was some really BAD CALLS at critical times for the Cardinals.What in the world are they going to do about these oneway blatant calls that swing momentum and cost teams games. If you were there you know what I am talking about. If you say it was not bad officiating your head was in the sand. Sealy will surely be a player if they keep it up and Downey stays healthy. See ya down the road. What comes around goes around.

I have absolutely no dog in this hunt, but I am curious. Do you honestly, and I mean honestly in a calm moment, believe that the officiating was solely responsible for a 32-point loss?

957tiger
10-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Just finished reading over some of the previous posts/rants about Columbus blowing out the weaker, over-rated and one man show Tigers. Last night was a battle both on the field and sidelines. It seems the Columbus coach kept fighting his hat and clipboard all night, everytime something didn't go his way he threw his hat or tossed the clipboard, not sure who won that battle. I do know the Tigers had a good game. Downey did some remarkable running. It was fun to watch the kind of back Sealy has been know for again. The defense also did a good job of holding a pretty quick Columbus squad, a couple of missed assignments resulted in some big gains. Everybody did a good job on both sides of the ball. I will say this, the Cardinal team has somewhat of a discipline problem with a few of it's players. Cheap and late shots will not win ball games. 22 total penalties between the teams, and many were 15+ yarders. Facemask and un-sportsmanlike conduct seem to be the favorite.

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I have absolutely no dog in this hunt, but I am curious. Do you honestly, and I mean honestly in a calm moment, believe that the officiating was solely responsible for a 32-point loss?
Bull you are right in assuming the penalties did not add up to 32 points. But it is real hard to factor in momentum swings and player tempers when the heat of the battle is at stake. You know how good and bad calls can control the game. It would have been a lot closer if officiating would have been equal.

Johnny Utah
10-18-2008, 09:13 AM
I do know this for a fact, Sealy is well coached(as are most teams) and they will be tough the rest of the way in a very tough district. Mitchells boys will fight to the end.

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Bull you are right in assuming the penalties did not add up to 32 points. But it is real hard to factor in momentum swings and player tempers when the heat of the battle is at stake. You know how good and bad calls can control the game. It would have been a lot closer if officiating would have been equal. Just take your loss like a man.

"The refs did it" is discrediting to your opponent(s)! Must be something in the water in that district to ALWAYS blame the refs. :rolleyes:

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just take your loss like a man.

"The refs did it" is discrediting to your opponent(s)! Must be something in the water in that district to ALWAYS blame the refs. :rolleyes:
Hey P4S,All I can say is you should have been there. Even the Sealy coaches that were working the press box walked out with snickers on their faces. It was obvious. For sure one sided officiating,but we will move past it and win more ball games. Enough said.

Johnny Utah
10-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Deer spotter you are not serious in saying that the Columbus loss was due to officiating?? Come on man!

scotty
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Both teams had a touchdown called back due to a penalty. Columbus had 10 penalties for 105 yards and Sealy had 11 for 115. It was a long, time-consuming game due to the delays caused by the many penalties. Talking to the Columbus coaches after the game, none of them had anything to say about the officiating. They did say they had six players out due to injuries. So you be the judge. I've seen games when the officiating was too close as well as when it was too loose and I don't know which is worse. This was a very closely called game.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Columbus had 10 penalties for 105 yards and Sealy had 11 for 115.
Oh really? So deer spotter is just having

http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg ?

Kickin It
10-18-2008, 03:14 PM
No excuses needed for Columbus concerning officiating or injuries, Sealy played a heck of a football game. No doubt Downey can move and is hard to get a clean shot on!! Sealy defense also played very well. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way. Columbus will look for the upset at home next week against Bellville.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Congratulations to the Tigers, starting to play like your pre-season ranking.

IHStangFan
10-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe Sealy is a heck of a lot better than a lot of people have given them credit for! :) Mitchell is a hellova coach, and if he can get some cohesion in that locker room and keep the talent focused on football...look out.

957tiger
10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I watched the Tigers enjoying their first victory in three attempts last night. The players, staff and fans enjoyed the game and the post-game walk through was good medicine for everyone. The players hung out with fans and family, and shared in the victory. This may be what was needed and will help the Tigers in the final stretch. The cheerleaders had energy, the band was louder and for a change the fans didn't just sit, they stood. I know winning cures all ills and I think this was a massive dose of confidence.

STAggie
10-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey spotter, eat your crow like a man. The officiating was horrible on both sides of the field. I talked to the guy who takes stats for Columbus and he mentioned nothing about officiating. He basically ran down the injuries and I couldn't believe how many Columbus was missing. To say that the officiating cost you the game is disrespecting a team that came out ready to play and finally put together a complete football game. The only thing I have to say about Sealy tonight is they have to get the penalties under control. It was so great to see a complete game from the Tigers and the smiles after the game as I talked with the players.

STXghstRDR
10-19-2008, 12:43 AM
A 32 point loss due to officiating? Haha. I'm surprised the coach wasn't kicked out of the game with the way he was acting.

Watcher
10-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Yes columbus played the worst game since Brookshire last year. Butt4ever you can pull your head out of a buffaloes ass and start your mouthing again like you always have. You must have been one hell of a cheerleader in high school. I will say the whole Sealy team came ready to play. Hopefully their posters will give them all credit for it. Looks like they have lots of depth.

popcorn screen
10-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Back in the days, we used to call Sealy state champs. Seriously, officiating might blow a call here and there, but not 32 points worth. Give credit where it is due.

GoPaStoners
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I will say that Sealy did come to the came very prepared and did play a decent game. I am not blaming officiating for a loss, but I will say that officiating can change the momentum/picture of a ballgame (regardless if it is the correct/incorrect call). Cards will and have put this game behind them and will look to the future. The entire group (coaches/players) are a resilient bunch of men. They will all regroup and work hard to prepare for a very tough Bellville squad. Question to ask ourselves: we complain if a coach gets upset while on the sidelines, but as fans it is ok for us to act the fools? My point is simply-->let's understand the pressure the coaches are under and how much they care about their kids. Thanks enuff said and best of luck to all teams.

Kickin It
10-19-2008, 02:25 PM
On Friday nights across the state of Texas, I guarantee you can find a football team that gets a bad call or has players out. Bottom line is you have to play through the calls and backup players have to step up. No matter what is said on this board about officiating and injuries the fact is Sealy was the better team on Friday. Some of you will go on and on about how Columbus is a fluke and how you knew that Sealy and the other teams in this district have superior athletes compared to Columbus, that is fine. However, I would not count the Cards out just yet.

Necks_Fan
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
P4S.... I was on the Seay bandwagon big time until I went to watch them at Navasota. That blowout and their apparent major weaknesses then totally discredited them in my mind.

Apparently the return of Downey to the Tigers was HUGE and has made alot of difference. When I saw them, they appeared to have a TINY O line... IDK how that has turned out, but apparently Mitchell has got things going and we are seeing a bit of why they were ranked top 10 to start the season.

Congrats Tigers! Gained alot of respect out of this performance.

And DS, Sealy had MORE penalties than Columbus!.......:doh:

teetle
10-20-2008, 08:11 AM
That's what the game is all about. You have to have some luck where injuries are concerned. Everybody has injuries. If the Cardinals had 6 players out, oh well. The game goes on. Bad luck for them. The game is over. Columbus lost. Everybody can say (IF). And concerning the officiating, Excuses are like buttholes, everybody has one and they all stink. Good Luck Cardinals on the rest of the season. Go Tigers.

I_DONT_CARE
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM

Sealy is not very good.
HOW MANY GOOD TEAMS HAVE YOU SEEN PLAY? :rolleyes:

Astro2
10-20-2008, 09:47 AM
For the last few weeks I have read post after post that knocked Sealy. Seems people’s tone has now changed.
Aww ain’t nothing like the bandwagon fan……hop on folks…..this one will take you on a long ride! Tigerball is back!

jimmyceatworld
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM

Congrats Tigers! Gained alot of respect out of this performance.

:thinking:

UPanIN
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I have only seen Sealy play Navasota and they really didn't look very good that night.

But I said then that they never gave up and played the whole game hard. They are well coached and maybe all the "stuff" that was going on with them when they played the Rattlers did hurt them during that game.

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
:thinking: When I saw them play, they looked terrible.

Now that Downey has returned, I guess they got their MOJO back. They gained alot of respect by demolishing Columbus.

I was high on Sealy coming into the season, but when i went to navasota to watch them.... i jumped off quick. Things may have turned around in the last 2 weeks.

Seems that way anyway.