PDA

View Full Version : Final:Bridgeport 56 Iowa Park 7

Budman007
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
The Bull's offensive machine is hitting on all cylinders! This year's D is awesome as well.

Bullaholic
10-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Not much I can add---the Bulls were a well-oiled machine again tonight and beat a young IP team who will get better in time. Best of luck to the Hawks. Go Bulls!

popcorn screen
10-18-2008, 11:32 AM
bridgeport is puttin up a lot of points. I assume they will win their district. Who would they face in the first round?

Bullaholic
10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
We should get a bye in Rd1 and I'm thinking that China Spring looks like a likely opponent in Rd 2. Several "ifs", of course, right now.

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
:clap: :clap: WTG BULLS!!!

sinton66
10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
OUCH! Congrats Bulls!

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We should get a bye in Rd1 and I'm thinking that China Spring looks like a likely opponent in Rd 2. Several "ifs", of course, right now.
I wouldn't count on it being CS just yet. ;) And you did a nice job of covering yourself. :D (I sure wouldn't bet against their "looks-to-be" 1st round opponent, for sure!)

Tiger Baseball
10-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Man! This bulls team is looking great!

Pick6
10-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Wow, China Spring and Bridgeport. Now that will be a great game if it happens.

Bullaholic
10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wouldn't count on it being CS just yet. ;) And you did a nice job of covering yourself. :D (I sure wouldn't bet against their "looks-to-be" 1st round opponent, for sure!)

* That's assuming Liberty Hill goes D1, of course. Thanks all for the well wishes.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
* That's assuming Liberty Hill goes D1, of course.
Nah, if all works out with us like we (LH folks) hope/think, Wimberley would be China Spring's round 1 opponent.

wtfootball
10-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Is Bridgeport getting ahead of themselves?
I think the last time they made the playoffs deep was 05. Isn't that the year they scored more touchdowns than their opponent but still lost? Don't put the cart before the horse, you aren't beating the teams you will be seeing post season. Take a deep breath and calm down.......

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I think the last time they made the playoffs deep was 05. Isn't that the year they scored more touchdowns than their opponent but still lost? Don't put the cart before the horse, you aren't beating the teams you will be seeing post season. Take a deep breath and calm down.......

LOL... this is the downlow. Lots of folks playing what if's doesn't mean anything... what does matter is the team is focused to close out the season... especially after knocking off some great teams this year like Argyle, Prosper, and Burkburnett. I think those are definitely three quality opponents that Bridgeport beat... and may be in the postseason.

And besides... what is the '05 season comment all about? It just means that if we had a PAT kicker that year we would have went to the final four... relevance?

Keep up the good play Bulls... and keep that focus on the prize.

Bullaholic
10-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Well, wtfootball, I don't think anybody has said anything about winning any championships yet. I, like a lot of HS fans, like to speculate on who we might play should we make the playoffs. With the remaining schedule we have left, I don't think it is presumptious for us to speculate about at least making the playoffs at this point. Thanks for the good advice about "calming down"---I'm kinda new at this highschool football thing. BTW--there's a big difference between confidence and overconfidence. The Bulls this season certainly have earned the right to have some confidence according to the numbers they have been putting up, even against some pretty good teams.

popcorn screen
10-19-2008, 03:54 PM
If the Port plays CS in the 1st round, that is an awesome match up. I will drive to see that one. I have never seen CS, but they have played well last few years.

BullsFan
10-19-2008, 04:01 PM
And just for the record, I think most of the postseason speculation wasn't even Bridgeport folks. Everyone is speculation about postseason play at this point with most of the football year over with.

Bullaholic
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Slpy....Can you believe that there's somebody out there who doesn't believe in our Bulls?----Yet.... :D

westcoast54
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Bridgeport is VERY good. Any Speculation as to what is going to happen in IP once the season is over?

wtfootball
10-19-2008, 10:54 PM
agreed. I was trying to generate some conversation and certainly got it. Have a few friends up that way and hope yall continue to do well.

kepdawg
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM

:fnypost:

Bullaholic
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
agreed. I was trying to generate some conversation and certainly got it. Have a few friends up that way and hope yall continue to do well.

No prob, wtfootball. I like to do the same thing in other threads just to get somebody to respond about their team. That's what makes the board fun----if everybody had the same opinions what in the world would we have to discuss? Talking a little smack and bragging some on your team are the spices that I really enjoy tasting in these HS football threads. Sometimes we all have to get a taste of that ol' crow along with it---but that hasn't killed anyone yet. Thanks for at least coming up to voice an opinion on the Bulls and I really appreciate the good wishes.

rangerjim
10-20-2008, 10:15 AM
wtfootball - Lets see - no beating any teams you will see in the playoffs...........

Ok - but wins against 3 top 25 teams this year - Prosper, Burkburnett and Argyle. Three teams that will be in the playoffs. I'd take that as a positive! For any team to go 7-0 , they have to be pretty dang good. And this coming from a Decatur fan - Bridgeport's perennial rival. Looks to be a long 10 mile drive home this year from Bridgeport. Keep it comin' Bulls.

Bullaholic
10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
wtfootball - Lets see - no beating any teams you will see in the playoffs...........

Ok - but wins against 3 top 25 teams this year - Prosper, Burkburnett and Argyle. Three teams that will be in the playoffs. I'd take that as a positive! For any team to go 7-0 , they have to be pretty dang good. And this coming from a Decatur fan - Bridgeport's perennial rival. Looks to be a long 10 mile drive home this year from Bridgeport. Keep it comin' Bulls.

Well, at least we can talk nice about each other for another 3 weeks, rangerjim.:D. Thanks for the neighborly support. I have always pulled for Decatur in the D1 playoffs once we're past the annual war. All bets are off in the "Battle of Big Sandy"---you know that---records go out the window and it's 0-0 for each team when that time comes. Decatur has had it their way for the last 6 years and I know they will use everything they have to make it 7. Best of luck to the Eagles until then. I think the Bulls do have something special going on this season, and I hope we keep the magic all the rest of District and thru the playoffs.

rangerjim
10-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I'll be at the game early Bullaholic to make sure I get a seat. Gonna be SRO for sure. Decatur has a shot at making it this year but has to get by Vernon, unless they can pull an upset of Burkburnett or, this could be blasphemey, the Bulls. At least Vernon is in Decatur - would be a great halloween present. Injuries have killed the Eagles on the defensive side. If the kids playing can improve their tackling and silly penalties between now and then - who knows.

VWG
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Bridgeport is VERY good. Any Speculation as to what is going to happen in IP once the season is over?

Ellis has been at IP for a long time, under Nelms as an asst. and now as HC/AD.
Hawk fans are restless. You've got a young team but they should be more competitive than what they are showing. (Look at Graham for example)
I said this on another post that Ellis and his staff are changing the offense two years in a row, and that can't be good. Last year they started with the single wing, then this year they go to the spread. The result?
Both last year and this year they revert back to the Wing T.
Why go through this during the season? Why not work on this in the offseason? No continuity in the offense.

Dominicfrank
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Would China Spring and BPORT play second round if BPORT's district gets a first round bye ? I would think the second small school would get in which would be Vernon or Decatur. ON second thought is Decatur's enrollment larger than Burk's ?

Bullaholic
10-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Would China Spring and BPORT play second round if BPORT's district gets a first round bye ? I would think the second small school would get in which would be Vernon or Decatur. ON second thought is Decatur's enrollment larger than Burk's ?

This is all highly speculative at this time---

Following WOS87's PROJECTED PRELIMINARY Reg I Playoff matchups:

Rd 1 Bridgeport vs BYE
China Spring vs Wimberley (CS as PROJECTED Winner)

Rd 2 China Spring vs Bridgeport

Enrollments:

Burkburnett- 936
Decatur- 855

Macarthur
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Ellis has been at IP for a long time, under Nelms as an asst. and now as HC/AD.
Hawk fans are restless. You've got a young team but they should be more competitive than what they are showing. (Look at Graham for example)
I said this on another post that Ellis and his staff are changing the offense two years in a row, and that can't be good. Last year they started with the single wing, then this year they go to the spread. The result?
Both last year and this year they revert back to the Wing T.
Why go through this during the season? Why not work on this in the offseason? No continuity in the offense.

I know that there are lots of fans in IP that have unrealistic expectations.

They have most likely already made Ellis' decision to leave and they will regret it. I don't have any inside info with Ellis, but I know there have been many unconscionable things said not only to him, but his family. He has brought good years to that program and doesn't deserve that. Frankly, he doesn't deserve it regardless, but given their past success, it's really sad.

westcoast54
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I know that there are lots of fans in IP that have unrealistic expectations.

They have most likely already made Ellis' decision to leave and they will regret it. I don't have any inside info with Ellis, but I know there have been many unconscionable things said not only to him, but his family. He has brought good years to that program and doesn't deserve that. Frankly, he doesn't deserve it regardless, but given their past success, it's really sad.

I agree with the one person who said that they've changed offenses the past two years and then gone back to the double wing. My thing is this, if that's what you believe in then run it. To heck with what everyone else thinks. Stop trying to change to satisfy people. Ellis and his staff are a good group of guys. I don't know how long he's been there total but, the old saying in coaching goes: You usually make two NEW enemies every year your in the same school system. That can add up in a hurry.

hawkfan
10-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
I agree with the one person who said that they've changed offenses the past two years and then gone back to the double wing. My thing is this, if that's what you believe in then run it. To heck with what everyone else thinks. Stop trying to change to satisfy people. Ellis and his staff are a good group of guys. I don't know how long he's been there total but, the old saying in coaching goes: You usually make two NEW enemies every year your in the same school system. That can add up in a hurry.

Sounds like from what I read in the IP paper, is that there is a character problem with the team. Every week it seems that there is one kid or another that is suspended for disciplinary reasons. Sounds like to me that the team it full of "football players" That don't give a you know what about football. Either they need to play football or go away. I know that is kind of cold but If you can't get through to the kids you need to to cut them loose. That and the people of IP just have unrealistic expectations. I wish better for Coach Ellis. He is why I am doing what I am doing now.