PDA

View Full Version : Refs

baseballmom
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
When will these idoits be held accountable for what they do on the field of play. I see to many times blown calls, that change the game. Something has to be done.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM
???????

Maroon87
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by baseballmom
When will these idoits be held accountable for what they do on the field of play. I see to many times blown calls, that change the game. Something has to be done.

Example?

piratebg
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
What game did you see tonight night and what was the call?

8HR
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
So I am going to make the assumption that your season is not going well and that you prpbably lost tonight...

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm going to use "read between the lines" perceptive skills......"baseballmom"......"south texas"......ref complaints...who had a close game tonight......maybe Fal -vs- AP?

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
When will these idoits be held accountable for what they do on the field of play. I see to many times blown calls, that change the game. Something has to be done. The biggest blown call of the night for us tonight was a pass interference in the endzone on about a 40 yd pass. They took out our receiver, but the ref ruled it uncatchable even though the guy STILL almost caught it while falling down.:thinking:

It was a non factor though becuz we turned right around and COMPLETED the evry next pass tot he 1 yd line. We scored on the next play.

But we got out penalized like 12-2 or something to that effect.

Get this..... we had a 4th down play and alot of momentum on about their 10 yd line. The refs blew the whistle to STOP THE PLAY and signalled offsides on the Defense.... THEN they decided instead of giving us a first down... they would wave off the flag. HOW DO YOU WAVE OFF A OFFSIDES CALL AFTER YOU BLEW THE PLAY DEAD BECAUSE OF THAT OFFSIDES?:thinking:

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:38 PM
I love hearing the bad ref stories. I wish we could see more consistent refereeing but the fact is their are many bad crews out their.

Most of the time the better team does win but their are times when the refs can change the game. I hate to see it happen.

kaorder1999
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
i was watching a game tonight where the offense scored the winning TD in a formation with a wing/slot, and power I. wow...

shamu85
10-17-2008, 11:45 PM
We had at least 12 holding calls against us (Georgetown) tonight, all by the referee who was positioned about 30 yards behind the los. Unbelievable. Never seen that many holding calls against one team.

3afan
10-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
We had at least 12 holding calls against us (Georgetown) tonight, all by the referee who was positioned about 30 yards behind the los. Unbelievable. Never seen that many holding calls against one team.

12 holding calls by the back judge? no - that didnt happen

shamu85
10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes it did. by the whitehat. then he called a roughing the passer call on our winning drive that was pivotal and the Westwood coach went beserk, bumping the line judge and ranting for about 15 minutes, but got no additional flag. One of our lineman said he heard the coach use the F word at least 4 times duing the tirade, but no flag on him.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Well if you're going to gripe about "the idiots" you need to give examples or it sounds like sour grapes.

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't really need an example. I have seen many big time blown calls cost teams a W. It is a shame when it happens.

DU_stud04
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
http://wwp.us.com/product/cheese/images/cheese.jpg want some cheese with that wine?

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Maroon87
10-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes it did. by the whitehat. then he called a roughing the passer call on our winning drive that was pivotal and the Westwood coach went beserk, bumping the line judge and ranting for about 15 minutes, but got no additional flag. One of our lineman said he heard the coach use the F word at least 4 times duing the tirade, but no flag on him.

Hey Shamu! I haven't seen you around since the Pig. Good to see you. Are you still working with Alejandro?

headhunter
10-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://wwp.us.com/product/cheese/images/cheese.jpg want some cheese with that wine?

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

No crying jst stating the FACT, it happens and I can understand where some posters are coming from.

shamu85
10-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Hey Shamu! I haven't seen you around since the Pig. Good to see you. Are you still working with Alejandro?

Sort of. He's still at Dell, too. I miss the pig.

ILS1
10-18-2008, 12:17 AM

Hey Shamu, I think those same refs did the Hutto/Marble Falls game. Hutto had 11 penalties for 110 yards!!!!! 8 were for holding all on long runs that got called back!!!! It was unbelievable!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

shamu85
10-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Our district games this year have all had horrendous officiating. Not sure what it is, maybe the officiating corps is growing thin. Hate to see that much impact on the game.

BTW, good to see you on here too, ILS. Maybe we can meet up at some playoff games again this year.

trojan37
10-18-2008, 12:58 AM
There isn't a high school game that I've been to that I haven't seen horrible calls. That's the way the ball bounces. Life goes on. What irks me, and it happened at the West-China Spring game tonight, was one of our own fans yelling about what he thought should have been a pass interference on one of our kids. It was a clean play, the db got there the same time the ball did and broke up the pass. The guy went on and on and on. I just wanted to go over there and slap him on the back of the head. Just plain stupid.

zebrablue2
10-18-2008, 01:25 AM

all I will say to you my friend is: you have not a clue..... quotes like this are :crazy:. and :stirpot:.. please explain yourself????

3afan
10-18-2008, 07:29 AM

what do you suggest be done?

deer spotter
10-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
all I will say to you my friend is: you have not a clue..... quotes like this are :crazy:. and :stirpot:.. please explain yourself????
Talking about obvious face mask infront of refs and no penalty flags,holding call(BS) to take away a touch down and blow momentum,OBVIOUSLY looking away when they have guys down and shoving on them and still no flag,obvious horse collar and again no call. Calling late hits when the play has not even been whistled dead. COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

edited.....lhpm

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I know that the Abilene Chapter is really short on officials. Therefore more non-experienced officials are forced to take on bigger games probably than what they are ready for. Not much you can do about it. I do know that lots of things are a lot easier to see from the stands than when you are down there at ground level with the heat on you. I'm just glad that 5-15,000 people aren't standing around watching me do my job every day.

3afan
10-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
...things are a lot easier to see from the stands than when you are down there at ground level with the heat on you. ...

thats key - everyone in the stands is pretty far away, most dont understand the rules (this is not the NFL!), and most have an obvious bias

the officials do the best they can, and the "best" of each chapter usually are assigned the "best" games

they are human ... its interesting the fans can blast an official on what they believe is a bad judgement call then when their own guy drops a TD pass they say nothing

CenTexSports
10-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Five guys watching 22 players and officiating is a little different than 1000 fans (+8 to 20 coaches) watching 22 players on every play. Each of the five officials is trying to watch a specific zone on every play depending on run, kick, or pass.

JasperDog94
10-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes it did. by the whitehat. then he called a roughing the passer call on our winning drive that was pivotal and the Westwood coach went beserk, bumping the line judge and ranting for about 15 minutes, but got no additional flag. One of our lineman said he heard the coach use the F word at least 4 times duing the tirade, but no flag on him. Sounds like the coach should have been flagged and possibly thrown out of the game. There is absolutely NO reason to use that language...especially in front of his kids.

Tromboneking
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Normally, I don't complain about blown calls, because to me that is the human element of the game. But there have been a couple of calls the last couple of weeks that were awful that did have an impact on the outcome of the game. Example? Ok....

Last night I was at the Graham/Sweetwater game. Late in the 4th, there was a long pass from McCoy where the reciever catches the pass on the 10 or so...the reciever made it down to the one. After the tackle, the ref said the Graham receiver stepped out on the 9. I was on the field right by the play...there is no way the kid stepped out. Should have been spotted on the one...

Lots of holding not called...sometimes I wish we had challenges in HS....

coach
10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
if yall wanna see a bad ref go to youtube and type in bipolar ref

sinton66
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Sometimes I think the UIL should bar Murphy from all HS games. Unfortunately, he shows up at some "big" games. It is a part of the "human element" of the game, and somebody has to do that job. Pretty sure I couldn't do it. They do get training as best they can, but even the best of them still occasionally make mistakes.

Maybe someday, HS's will be able to afford the video equipment needed to use instant replay. Until that happens, we'll just have to "make do".

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Lots of holding not called...
All my boys have played OL and I know there are legal ways to hold and then there are things that will bust a 10-yarder on you every time.

blowfish
10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Sometimes I think the UIL should bar Murphy from all HS games. Unfortunately, he shows up at some "big" games. It is a part of the "human element" of the game, and somebody has to do that job.

:iagree: :iagree: