PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale remains undefeated (barely)

bleedgreen
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Kennedale kicks a 32 yard field goal with 1.7 seconds left to win.
This is one of those games you hate to see either team (Alvarado) lose, but I'm glad it wasn't the Wildcats.

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
Kennedale kicks a 32 yard field goal with 1.7 seconds left to win.
This is one of those games you hate to see either team (Alvarado) lose, but I'm glad it wasn't the Wildcats. Final score? Details?

tcpools66
10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Final score? Details?
38k - 35a
what a game
what do you have to say about kennedale oh ya

JR2004
10-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Saw that Alvarado scored twice to get it to 35-35. That RB for Alvarado is apparently pretty darn good. I think it's good for y'all to have a close game instead of how it's been every game since y'all played us in the 2nd game of the season.

charlesrixey
10-18-2008, 08:04 AM
interesting

i had thought the Alvarado loss to Kaufman meant that Kennedale would win district

looks like kaufman will push them hard

kaide
10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Alvarado's games against Kaufman and Kennedale were very similar. With six minutes left against Kaufman, the Indians had a chance to stop Kaufman on third down, thus getting the ball back with about 6 minutes left. Kaufman scored on a 60-something yard screen play instead and that was the game.

Against Kennedale, the Indians had the same opportunity with about 3 minutes left, but got the stop on third down this time.

IMO Kennedale should beat Kaufman by three touchdowns. Alvarado was killed by coaching decisions against Kaufman and it really cost them against Kennedale as well.

Kaufman scored with less than 20 seconds left at the end of the first half last week. Kennedale needed just 15 seconds to go 61 yards on three plays to score with four seconds left before halftime last night. Both late scores led to a 14-7 lead with Kaufman and Kennedale getting the ball after halftime.

Alvarado then let Kennedale do the same thing at the end of the game as well - allowing the Wildcats to march down the field (without any passes by the way) and get a last second field goal.

Broam Hart is an excellent back - especially considering Alvarado now has three of their original starting offensive linemen out for the year.