PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny 21 West Columbia 16

carter08
10-17-2008, 10:42 PM
I heard something about the refs making a real bad call.

Anyone who was at the game wanna give some insight?

Necked
10-17-2008, 10:44 PM
When you lose they all look bad...that wasn't the reason we lost this game...

2-ONES
10-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Necks have a great defense, this was a great battle. The best part was the streakers that ran across the field at half time.

( Time warp from the 70's. )

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM
WC did not lose this game because of one call. Let's just put it that way.

Sweeny is a good ball club. Congrats to the bulldogs.

Game Story is as follows:

Sweeny takes opening kickoff. Gets 1 first down, then has to punt.

Columbia gets ball and promptly drives about 30 yds and then fumbles. Sweeny ball. A few plays later, the necks D gets burned for a 60 yd screen TD. 7-0 Sweeny.

We take the kickoff, and once again drive into Sweeny territory only to fumble again.

We foce Sweeny to punt. The necks drive down and Raley throws a beautiful pass to D Lewis to the half yd line. QB sneak. Td. 7-7

Sweeny takes kickoff. Hornback (qb) gets hit on third and long on a pass play. He threw the ball about 50 yds and is CAUGHT! Down to about the 15 yd line. Next play, Jamell Woodard goes around the end for the Td. 14-7 Sweeny @ Halftime.

The necks get the ball, and drive... end up with a Fg. 14-10 Sweeny.

Sweeny gets another Td... cant remember how. 21-10 Sweeny E of 3.

Columbia drivesd and scores a TD with about 5 min left in the game. Go for 2, no good.

21-16 Sweeny.

Onside kick fails. Sweeny baLL AT THE 50 YD LINE.

D holds them and forces a punt. Next play, we promptly throw an INT. Sweeny ball at our 30. We move them backwards and Dextrer Lewis picks off a pass on 4th down in the end zone. Touchback.

The very next play with about 2 mins left in the game.... we try and hook and ladder. Pass is completed but Lane was hit on the pitch and the Sweeny defender snatched it in the air. Sweeny runs out the clock. Game over.

Penalties I'd say were about 12-2 in Favor of Sweeny. Makes you wonder.:thinking:

Sweeny has a good quick ball club but nothing special. Columbia had 2 chances 2 win at the end, but didn't.

On a side note, the offense was able to get to the line very quickly tonight. The coaches managed to fix that. We got a very big test vs Brookshire next week. Good luck to both teams.

JDOG
10-17-2008, 11:46 PM
12-2 makes you wonder why WC didn't have more. WC is well known for coaching the offensive line to hold and they finally got a crew that would call about a third of them They were all very obvious, When D linemen are getting tackled and taken to the ground in open space, Thats what makes you wonder. Like an obvious roughing the kicker that was waved off? #17 was responsible for several personal fouls and if they could get him under control it would help WC. But as I said it would come down to turnovers and mistakes and WC has had trouble with both all year.

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by 2-ONES
Necks have a great defense, this was a great battle. The best part was the streakers that ran across the field at half time.

( Time warp from the 70's. ) Haha!

I saw the streakers at halftime. I was on the visitor side near the top so I got to see them jump the fence and head behind our side. They both ran for about 100 yds then they both got totally OWNED by 2 WC seniors.

Haha! Lmao. They were running and 2 of our guys caught em from behind and totally smashed them. It was pricelesss!

Good times indeed.

Necks_Fan
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JDOG
12-2 makes you wonder why WC didn't have more.

Dude........ You act as if we pleyed dirty? Gimme a break.

WC is well known for coaching the offensive line to hold and they finally got a crew that would call about a third of them.

Yea, we coach our kids to hold...... RIGHT! I thinkj they called PLENTY. Holding happens on every play and Sweeny got away with just as many.

They were all very obvious, When D linemen are getting tackled and taken to the ground in open space, Thats what makes you wonder.

Dude.... you are acting as if YOUR team was screwed by the refs. You are not even close in your reply.

Like an obvious roughing the kicker that was waved off?

That ball was partiaLLY BLOCKED AND EVRYBODY IN THE STADIUM KNEW IT.

#17 was responsible for several personal fouls and if they could get him under control it would help WC. But as I said it would come down to turnovers and mistakes and WC has had trouble with both all year.

#17 may have had a personal four or something.... but WE GOT CALLED FOR IT, what do you not understand about that? You guys got a 25 yd penalty out of us.

And I guess you conveniently forgot to mention that play when they blew the play dead and motioned offsides.... then waved it off. How do you wave off an offsides after you blew the play dead to call it? Onm 4th down no less.

Sweeny had evry break in this game go their way and barely won. Be proud of that. :rolleyes:

scrub c
10-18-2008, 12:33 AM
NecksFan,

Let it go, everybody there saw what happened, and if they were not there... their fault. The refs did not cost the Necks the game, turnovers did... 4 to be exact...

jdog... nice comments about the coaches :confused:

Necks_Fan
10-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
NecksFan,

Let it go, everybody there saw what happened, and if they were not there... their fault. The refs did not cost the Necks the game, turnovers did... 4 to be exact...

jdog... nice comments about the coaches :confused: Yea... real classy on his part.

Turnovers may have cost us this game.... but the penalties didn't help.

I was perfectly fine til this dude came on here trying to run us down after I just gave simple facts.

JDOG
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
The simple facts from your viewpoint. Not everyone in the stadium. And no bad comments about your coaches. Just that they believe in that technique and have stated the fact that it won't get called most the time. The officiating crew was from Katy area so I don't believe there was partiallity as you implied, and neither team has used them. Discipline is part of it. You didn't seem to mind all the holding calls when St. Pius got them in your game Its part of it. But WC is the most talented team in the District hands down and usually are. Good luck with your last three games.

Necks_Fan
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
But WC is the most talented team in the District hands down and usually are. Good luck with your last three games. I don't remember a bunch of penalties aginst them, but that was a few weeks ago and so it very well may have happened.

And I have BEEN saying that we have the talent... just haven't put it together yet... and at this point, don't know if we will.

Thanks, and good luck to the Bulldogs as well.

dawgs11
10-20-2008, 12:53 PM
maybe west columbia should sign up there dancing doll boys, since they seem to tackle so well.

JDOG
10-20-2008, 01:23 PM
That ain't right. But it is funny!

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by dawgs11
maybe west columbia should sign up there dancing doll boys, since they seem to tackle so well. LOL. The DD security?

Those 2 streakers both got tackled and beat up. It was hilarious. The one kid took like 4 punches and some elbows. I heard he was like "Man, it's just a prank. Leave us alone."

Lol.

They got whooped, then ran off.

And, I don;t really remember us missing THAT many tackles.

JDOG
10-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Why did they beat them up? I thought it was great!

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Why did they beat them up? I thought it was great! IDK, something about disrespecting our band and DD and school and stuff. LOL. It wasn't me.

JDOG
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Good thing it was a DD and not a Tuba player that caught 'em. They may have really been whupped up on!

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Good thing it was a DD and not a Tuba player that caught 'em. They may have really been whupped up on! IDK, All I know is that i saw it all from the top of the stands. It was absolutely priceless!:) :cool:

dawgs11
10-20-2008, 05:51 PM
of tackled and beat up huh? the dancin doll boys are some bad dudes apparently. tackling 2 guys in there underwear and then beating them up?

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by dawgs11
of tackled and beat up huh? the dancin doll boys are some bad dudes apparently. tackling 2 guys in there underwear and then beating them up? Like I said, it wasn't me.

I would like to think of it as, Tackled 2 morons running acroos the field during halftime. I think they deserved the beatdown they received.