PDA

View Full Version : Wharton 21 Needville 3 Final

Johnnypaycheck
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
NM

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:33 PM
WOW...didn't expect that! Great job Tigers.

BigCT4
10-17-2008, 10:50 PM
The tigers had proved to have to much speed for the blue jays I was saying earlier in a post whenever wharton played giddings that there schedule whould help them. The polls of blow outs are crazy its about getting on the field and taking care of business and the tigers did so.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BigCT4
The tigers had proved to have to much speed for the blue jays I was saying earlier in a post whenever wharton played giddings that there schedule whould help them. The polls of blow outs are crazy its about getting on the field and taking care of business and the tigers did so. Yes, Speed kills the Jays. I don't know about any polls calling for blowouts in this game though. I know I didn't call for a blowout either way.

BigCT4
10-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I mean in the previous polls but I would also say that needville had stop giving the ball to #9 who seemed like he was running the ball well and then he didnt play after the first drive do anyone know what happended.?

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I mean in the previous polls but I would also say that needville had stop giving the ball to #9 who seemed like he was running the ball well and then he didnt play after the first drive do anyone know what happended.? I sure don't, but if you're talking about LaCroy, that would indicate to me why Needville's O didn't do much. He's what makes them tick.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Yup...just double checked....LaCroy is #9. The 5'9" 205lb senior RB that has been the catalyst for the Jays' offense so far this season. I sure as heck hope he didn't get hurt!! That could spell trouble for the Jays. I also wonder if Grant #33 played tonight or if maybe grades may have gotten him?

BigCT4
10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Grant played and yes it was Lacour he didnt play after the first drive and that really hurt needville play calling

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Grant played and yes it was Lacour he didnt play after the first drive and that really hurt needville play calling Oh man, that's no good...I sure hope he's not hurt. He is the heart of the O this season it seems.

Necks_Fan
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Man, I hate to see a team lose a player like LaCroy.

Good job Tigers. I'm not really looking forward to our matchup much.;)

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Man, I hate to see a team lose a player like LaCroy.

Good job Tigers. I'm not really looking forward to our matchup much.;) yo...N_F....update your sig line, you're 2 weeks behind! :doh:

TigerFan51
10-17-2008, 11:53 PM
It is my understanding that LaCroy did go out with an injury in the first quarter. #33, Grant did play. I also heard that another player did go out due to injury but I don't know who it was.

I do remember in the Wharton/Needville thread one poster picked Needville with a score of 31-13 over Wharton. Another one or two posters in that same thread was saying there was no way Wharton was gonna win this one. I never really like to say one way or another but always felt we had a good chance but felt it was gonna be a really close game.

It was a good game Jays! Now on to next week...

Necks_Fan
10-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
It is my understanding that LaCroy did go out with an injury in the first quarter. #33, Grant did play. I also heard that another player did go out due to injury but I don't know who it was.

I do remember in the Wharton/Needville thread one poster picked Needville with a score of 31-13 over Wharton. Another one or two posters in that same thread was saying there was no way Wharton was gonna win this one. I never really like to say one way or another but always felt we had a good chance but felt it was gonna be a really close game.

It was a good game Jays! Now on to next week... I'll take my share of crow.... but believe me... LaCroy getting knocked out deflated the Jays. Hurt big time. He IS their offense.

maestro
10-18-2008, 07:02 AM
good job tigers!!

plus...this thread needed to stay on the first page a little while longer.....for raider red and the guys....

TigerFan51
10-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'll take my share of crow.... but believe me... LaCroy getting knocked out deflated the Jays. Hurt big time. He IS their offense.

It's not good for a team to "seemingly" depend on only one player then. IF that one player goes out then that's an excuse for a loss? I agree it can affect the psyche of the team but you regroup and play that much harder. Football is a team sport and if an injury happens, which Heaven forbid it doesn't, then a team should and would find a way to make adjustments to overcome the situtation...correct? It sounds like you're saying that's the only way Wharton won this game...because ONE player was out for most of the game! If you put ALL your eggs in one basket, you're setting yourself up for disaster and I just didn't see the Jays ' coaches doing that. At the same time, you're saying that the rest of the team doesn't matter?...I disagree with this assumption also. I can guarantee you the Jays have more weapons than just LaCroy!

The Jays played hard and hung in there real tough...I congratulate them on a well played game. Our defense did stop them in the redzone on several occasions and came with decent pass coverage as well with two key interceptions. The Jays had several good, big plays themselves too. It's a shame that there could only be one winner!

Antec
10-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Tigers on a Roll!
Wharton hammers Needville, 21-3, for 2nd straight win

By MATTHEW WATKINS sports@journal-spectator.com

Wharton relied on big plays early to take a 21-3 victory over Needville and improve to 2-0 in District 26-3A play Friday night here at Tiger Stadium.

The Bluejays took the opening possession at their own 36 and drove to the Tiger 13, but on second and 5, Cody Williams recovered a fumble that cost the Bluejays seven yards to the Tiger 20 setting up third and 12.

After Caleb Berry threw an incomplete pass on the next play they had to settle for a Austin Lutz 37yard field goal to make the score 3-0 with 4:51 left in the opening quarter.

The Tigers took over at their own 30 on their first drive and on the first play Elijah Richardson picked up 17 yards to the Tiger 47.

After Raymond Felder picked up 6 yards on the next play, he added 29 yards on the next play to the Bluejay 18.

DeShavian Williams picked up seven yards on the next play to the Bluejay 11, and three plays later Richardson ran the ball in from one yard out for a touchdown. Justin Sherrill added the extra point making the score 7-3 with 1:23 left in the quarter.

"To come back after the field goal and score on a touchdown on the next drive was huge." said Tiger head coach Stacey Hunt.

The Bluejays were forced to punt on their next possession, and the Tigers took over at their own 12 but after Williams picked up nine yards on the next play, the Bluejays recovered a Tiger fumble on the next play and took over at the Tiger 25 with 11:32 left in the half.

On third and 10 from the Tiger 13, Berry threw an apparent touchdown pass but was called back because the Bluejays had an ineligible man downfield.Two plays later, Lutz missed a 35-yard field goal, and the Tigers took over at their 20 with 8:14 left in the half.

On the Tigers' next possession, the Bluejays intercepted a pass and took over at the Tiger 26 with 7:18 left in the half, but on fourth and 10, Berry threw an incomplete pass and the Tigers took over at their own 26 with 6:15 left in the half.

On the Tigers' next possession, on second and 14, Richardson picked up 10 yards to the Tiger 44 and on the next play Felder picked up 15 yards to the Bluejay 41. On the play, the Bluejays were flagged for a facemask giving the Tigers the ball at the Bluejay 26.

On the next play Richardson picked up 25 yards to the Tiger 1, where he ran the ball in on the next play. Sherrill added the extra point making the score 14-3 with 2:02 left in the half.

The Bluejays drove to the Tiger 39 on their next drive thanks to a pass interference penalty, but on first and 10, Doug Ford intercepted a pass and returned it to the Bluejay 32.

After a Tiger punt on the first drive on the second half, the Bluejays took over at their own 38 with 9:32 left in the third quarter. The Bluejays drove to the Tiger 37 before Ford picked off his second pass and the Tigers took over at their own 7 with 6:58 left in the quarter.

On the Tigers' next possession, Jesmon Grant picked up seven yards on third and 6 to the Tiger 41, where Chris Taylor raced 59 yards on the next play for a touchdown. Sherrill added the extra point making the score 21-3 with 3:52 left in the quarter.

"Felder picked up the outside tackle and I saw nothing but grass after that" said Taylor.

"We caught them in a formation we thought we could take advantage of and the kids executed it," said Hunt.

The Tigers totaled 248 yards with 236 coming on the ground. Taylor picked up 61 yards on two carries, Felder added 59 yards on 13 carries, Richardson added 53 yards on 17 carries and Williams picked up 54 yards on 9 carries.

The Tigers travel to Stafford, which dropped to 0-2 in district with a 41-6 loss to Royal. Sweeny also improved to 2-0 in district play with a 21-16 victory over Columbia which fell to 0-2 in District play.

FbCoachB40
10-18-2008, 09:40 AM
CONGRATS!! Way to go raider red and paycheck! You guys deserve it. I am not sure which is more exciting see you guys win or Needville lose

IHStangFan
10-18-2008, 04:54 PM
It's not good for a team to "seemingly" depend on only one player then. IF that one player goes out then that's an excuse for a loss? I agree it can affect the psyche of the team but you regroup and play that much harder. Football is a team sport and if an injury happens, which Heaven forbid it doesn't, then a team should and would find a way to make adjustments to overcome the situtation...correct? It sounds like you're saying that's the only way Wharton won this game...because ONE player was out for most of the game! If you put ALL your eggs in one basket, you're setting yourself up for disaster and I just didn't see the Jays ' coaches doing that. At the same time, you're saying that the rest of the team doesn't matter?...I disagree with this assumption also. I can guarantee you the Jays have more weapons than just LaCroy!

The Jays played hard and hung in there real tough...I congratulate them on a well played game. Our defense did stop them in the redzone on several occasions and came with decent pass coverage as well with two key interceptions. The Jays had several good, big plays themselves too. It's a shame that there could only be one winner! Agreed that it SHOULDN'T come down to one player...but for the last 2 yrs in Needville....it pretty much has. LaCroy would be a HUGE loss for the Jays...he is by far their leading rusher.

raider red 2000
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed that it SHOULDN'T come down to one player...but for the last 2 yrs in Needville....it pretty much has. LaCroy would be a HUGE loss for the Jays...he is by far their leading rusher.

he was not the diference .

i heard broken ribs or possibly a shoulder....not sure if either are correct....but i hope he is fine.

JDOG
10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Tiger51 I predicted a Needville blowout. Congrats to Wharton as they won a big game. Definately missed that one! Sometimes you can't predict intangibles like injuries to a team leader, but thats part of it

Necks_Fan
10-19-2008, 03:45 PM

The Jays played hard and hung in there real tough...I congratulate them on a well played game. Our defense did stop them in the redzone on several occasions and came with decent pass coverage as well with two key interceptions. The Jays had several good, big plays themselves too. It's a shame that there could only be one winner! You are right on the main point, and Needville does have other good plyers, but LaCroy gets about 50-60% of the plays.

I give alot of credit to Wharton D, and O for coming up with enough plays to win on offense.

Like I said, I'm not really looking foward to playing ya'll because of the simple fasct that y'all have got alot better lately.
:)

BU97
10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
CONGRATS!! Way to go raider red and paycheck! You guys deserve it. I am not sure which is more exciting see you guys win or Needville lose

No doubt! I think Wharton has won 9 out of 10 meetings dating back to '99. Good luck @ Stafford.

fireman1
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
BU97 hows it going for yall and when are yall gonna make a trip back to Wharton to see the Wharton Tigers play?... great job Wharton both D and O did their parts to win this game now to keep that up and be careful with Stafford WC and Sweeny

kingoftheranch
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
first off, lecroy just has bruised ribs. and second he isnt the player yall are making him seem. yall make it sound like he is wilkerson from last year. hes alright but no wilkerson. speed kills needville every year. and again it showed

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by kingoftheranch
first off, lecroy just has bruised ribs. and second he isnt the player yall are making him seem. yall make it sound like he is wilkerson from last year. hes alright but no wilkerson. speed kills needville every year. and again it showed I'm not making him out to be some Superstar.

What I stated is FACT. He accounts for alot of their offense. Period. Without him, they are a different team, and probably got a bit demoralized when he left.

Anyway, Props to Wharton for the W.

jayfan1
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
thought the jays had some pretty good speed on d the last few years. And what about that coleman kid a couple years ago, he was hard to catch

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jayfan1
thought the jays had some pretty good speed on d the last few years. And what about that coleman kid a couple years ago, he was hard to catch They were alright on speed. Never really had any "burners."

Graduation hit the Jays hard last year.

Porras(TE) was a STUD. Is he playing college ball somewhere?

jayfan1
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
heard he is playing baseball at WCJC

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
heard he is playing baseball at WCJC WCJC? Wow. I thought this kid would be playing TE at some college.

Man.:thinking:

jayfan1
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
guess baseball was his better game

Necks_Fan
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
guess baseball was his better game Well, that's saying something because the kid could play some foozeball. I know he would've been welcome in WC for sure.:D

onsideanytime
10-21-2008, 02:06 PM
no he just thought it was , had some pretty good offers to play football but turned them down, rather go swing a bat at a juco, his next step to the majors

jayfan1
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
What ever makes him happy I guess.

BU97
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
BU97 hows it going for yall and when are yall gonna make a trip back to Wharton to see the Wharton Tigers play?... great job Wharton both D and O did their parts to win this game now to keep that up and be careful with Stafford WC and Sweeny

Things are ok, we are trying to survive in the big time! We are not real good and have been bit by the injury bug so we are trying to patch things up enough to maybe get an upset win vs Oak Ridge.

If Wharton makes the playoffs then we'll talk otherwise I am busy on Friday nights!

I dont think that I am allowed back in Wharton, I heard they have snipers posted at the city limits.

raider red 2000
10-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BU97

I dont think that I am allowed back in Wharton, I heard they have snipers posted at the city limits.

no snipers on you...there is a bounty out on your buddy though :)

BU97
10-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
no snipers on you...there is a bounty out on your buddy though :)

You're right I am sure no one would waste a bullet on my sorry butt!

You talking about HMF? I would not mind having a "conversation" with him in a secluded area. We would have alot to talk about. Would like to talk to Lurch too.

raider red 2000
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
You're right I am sure no one would waste a bullet on my sorry butt!

You talking about HMF? I would not mind having a "conversation" with him in a secluded area. We would have alot to talk about. Would like to talk to Lurch too.

hmf- well he still thinks he is.

lurch....well is lurch.

i was talking about your boy JC. :)

TigerFan51
10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
There IS such a thing as Private Messaging for these kinds of things, you know guys! Ya'll are way off-topic and it's sounding rather personal...

Just lending a helping hand;)

raider red 2000
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
There IS such a thing as Private Messaging for these kinds of things, you know guys! Ya'll are way off-topic and it's sounding rather personal...

Just lending a helping hand;)

sorry

fireman1
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
hey im tryin to get who hmf, lurch, and jc are let them talk about it haha oh and BU97 dont worry about snipers i'll take care of them for ya

BU97
10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
hey im tryin to get who hmf, lurch, and jc are l

Inside joke from the old days.

TigerFan51
10-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Inside joke from the old days.

And this is why it needed to move from this thread to PM's...:hijacktd:

FbCoachB40
10-24-2008, 04:56 PM