PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 21, Rockdale 14 Final

navscanmaster
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't need another nail biter after this week. I am smooth worn out, and I didn't even make the game!!!

I will compile the final stats shortly.

navscanmaster
10-17-2008, 10:23 PM
FINAL STATS:

NAVASOTA
Rushing:
Stokes - 22/116 - 2 TD
Pratt - 22/80
Receiving:
Lamascus - 7/84
Pratt - 3/43 - 1 TD
Harris - 3/36
Castillo - 1/18
Jackson - 1/15
Passing:
Stokes - 15/26 - 196 - 1 TD, 2 INT

ROCKDALE
Rushing:
Chief - 17/137
Dixon - 5/19
Drake - 5/8 - 2 TD
Sanders - 2/5
Receiving:
Sanders - 2/47
Chief - 2/22
Lowe - 1/1
Passing:
Drake: 5/16 - 69 - 0 TD, 1 INT

navscanmaster
10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
As close as that game was, look at the stats. That was too wierd. According to OldBison75, who was at the game, Jacolby Stokes was pressured some, but was overthrowing his receivers badly. Still, Navasota runs and passes for 196 each. That is balanced. Rockdale runs hard in this game, yet only has 169 yards to show for it. For both teams, I included gains that were negated by penalties. That was 2 for Rockdale, and 2 for Navasota that apply. Sounded like Malcolm Spriggs was playing tough physical defense on Rockdale's stud Joe Sanders, but there were no flags. I am sure those could go any way, but the officials must have decided to let them play physical. Navasota had a lot of STUPID penalties, and Rockdale had some nicks and knocks throughout the game.

I hope both teams can lick their wounds and play sound football from here on out. Rockdale still has a tough test against Caldwell if they want to make it to the postseason. Navasota is pretty much assured of a playoff spot with a lone road game against Cameron pending between two home games (Taylor and Madisonville.)

District 24 puts out another great defensive battle from two offensive powers! Good night and God Bless!

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Sounds like a good game, I am a little shocked I thought Navasota would score a little more. I guess Rockdale played them tough.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Cameron/Navasota could be one for the ages

ctownlegend
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Cameron/Navasota could be one for the ages
Agreed. Should be a GREAT game. Can't wait. I'll go ahead and start the count down. 13 days and 5 minutes until game day!:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2008, 12:33 AM
The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Before we could get out of the 1st quarter, Navasota was already up 14-0 and on the verge to score again. But, IMO, Navasota's offense, defense, and coaches went to sleep. As stated before, Stolkes was over throwing his receivers, throwing to invinsible players, etc. Although the overall performance was horrible, the defense saved the game, again. Im not sure what is going on with the Rattler offense, but, they really need to get it together, quickly! Before the season began, we were all worried about the defense, but, the offense is what is worrying me at this point of the season.

Im finished crying. :D

Good Win Rattlers!

OldBison75
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Rockdale played thier hearts out after falling behind by 14 early. They have some good size, speed, and athletic ability. Navasota played it's worst game on offense this year, partially because of the Tiger defense. Stokes finally looked like a human QB, throwing two interceptions on poorly thrown passes. Most of the year he has been on target and would be completing about 85% except for drops. Rockdale was keying on Pratt all night and blitzing LB's to try and hurry Stokes. The Navasota O-line hasn't picked up a blitzing LB from rockdale yet and I think even missed the handshakes with them at the end of the game.

On the positive side, the Rattler defense played very well except for three big plays. The linebackers were awesome and Malcolm Spriggs was man to man with Sanders all night and kept him in check (I think only two receptions). By the way, Spriggs is about 6 inches shorter and weighs about 60 pounds less that Sanders. Also, the Rattler found out tonight that they can win even when they have a bad game and make alot of mistakes. Maybe this will bode well for the rest of the season.

The Navasota-Cameron game in a couple of weeks will be for all the marbles and I will not even begin to predict the outcome until after next weeks games. It will be a humdinger at Yoe field though.

87 TIGER
10-18-2008, 01:36 AM
No offense in this post, Navasota is a very good team but i'm sure they are all thankful that Dixon fumbled that INT inside the Rattlers 10 with about 4 min to go. We played horrible early and the Rattler O seemed a little out of sink later. Not sure I understood the Navasota play calling late with under 2 min left and still throwing short and long , a little weird just run the clock down. Anyway got intresting in the 4th .Entertaining game just wish we would have come out on top. good luck the rest of the way Tigers and Rattlers

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 02:58 AM
If "Go Blue" was still with us:( lol he could tell us all about it.

I'm sure he's reading still.

Looks like this was a really good game.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't need another nail biter after this week. I am smooth worn out, and I didn't even make the game!!!

Will Navasota go DI or DII...I wish we could play you guys just cause I wanna see what you guys look like whether we lose or not.

ronwx5x
10-18-2008, 07:54 AM

Nav, how is that baby? I'm hopeful you are back at home.

nunya
10-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rockdale played thier hearts out after falling behind by 14 early. They have some good size, speed, and athletic ability. Navasota played it's worst game on offense this year, partially because of the Tiger defense. Stokes finally looked like a human QB, throwing two interceptions on poorly thrown passes. Most of the year he has been on target and would be completing about 85% except for drops. Rockdale was keying on Pratt all night and blitzing LB's to try and hurry Stokes. The Navasota O-line hasn't picked up a blitzing LB from rockdale yet and I think even missed the handshakes with them at the end of the game.

On the positive side, the Rattler defense played very well except for three big plays. The linebackers were awesome and Malcolm Spriggs was man to man with Sanders all night and kept him in check (I think only two receptions). By the way, Spriggs is about 6 inches shorter and weighs about 60 pounds less that Sanders. Also, the Rattler found out tonight that they can win even when they have a bad game and make alot of mistakes. Maybe this will bode well for the rest of the season.

The Navasota-Cameron game in a couple of weeks will be for all the marbles and I will not even begin to predict the outcome until after next weeks games. It will be a humdinger at Yoe field though.

It's at Cameron? Ha. All I can say is "good luck"

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

I got news for ya: If Caldwell wins out, it won't matter if Cameron beats Navasota because it would be a three-way tie for first since we'd all have a 5-1 league record. I wouldn't call that "playing for ALL the marbles." Maybe a share of the marbles. Now, if Navasota wins in Cameron (again, good luck), THEN yes, the Rattlers alone will pretty much own the marbles regardless of the Caldwell-Cameron outcome.

87 TIGER
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by nunya

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

I got news for ya: If Caldwell wins out, it won't matter if Cameron beats Navasota because it would be a three-way tie for first since we'd all have a 5-1 league record. I wouldn't call that "playing for ALL the marbles." Maybe a share of the marbles. Now, if Navasota wins in Cameron (again, good luck), THEN yes, the Rattlers alone will pretty much own the marbles regardless of the Caldwell-Cameron outcome. 56-6 ??? Very unlikely. Nice post nunya but I like mine better.
Rock over Caldwell
Cameron takes 2nd
Tie in 3rd Rockdale wins in head up over Caldwell both with 2 losses

OldBison75
10-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes Nunya, Navasota plays in Cameron and whoever wins is definitely in the best position to be the District champ. Yes, Cameron is a top tier opponent and will definitely be a challenge for the Rattlers to beat. BUT, Navasota has proven that they can beat even good teams when they play bad. The offense had a bad night last night and still racked up almost 400 yards. The defense played very well except for three plays that led to scores on two Rockdale (drives) possessions. I will not pick a winner yet because we have to play a game this week, and just like the Rattler team, we take them one at a time and know anybody CAN beat anybody in high school football.

Oh, by the way, I do think Caldwell will probably beat Cameron, so you might have a argument for a three way tie, whether fir champion or second place.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2008, 10:42 AM

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

I got news for ya: If Caldwell wins out, it won't matter if Cameron beats Navasota because it would be a three-way tie for first since we'd all have a 5-1 league record. I wouldn't call that "playing for ALL the marbles." Maybe a share of the marbles. Now, if Navasota wins in Cameron (again, good luck), THEN yes, the Rattlers alone will pretty much own the marbles regardless of the Caldwell-Cameron outcome.

So, since Navasota beat Caldwell, and you are predicting Cameron to DONKEY STOMP the Rattlers, does that mean that Cameron will do the same to Caldwell? You are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

ProudHornetMom
10-18-2008, 11:13 AM
We were at the game last night with the rest of Caldwell. ;) To me, Navasota didn't seem as intense as last week but obviously intense enough to win and keep Rockdale at bay...and rack up 400 yards offense. When the Rattlers kicked out with a 14 - 0 win, I thought it was going to be a complete blow out but the Tigers battled right back into the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
We were at the game last night with the rest of Caldwell. ;) To me, Navasota didn't seem as intense as last week but obviously intense enough to win and keep Rockdale at bay...and rack up 400 yards offense. When the Rattlers kicked out with a 14 - 0 win, I thought it was going to be a complete blow out but the Tigers battled right back into the game.

Mom, you are right. From what I heard, Navasota got the big head after beating a good Hornet team last week and had a horrible week of practice. It showed on the field. Navasota was lucky to get out with a win. This should be a learning experience for the Rattlers.

Good luck to Caldwell.

bigYoe
10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
So, since Navasota beat Caldwell, and you are predicting Cameron to DONKEY STOMP the Rattlers, does that mean that Cameron will do the same to Caldwell? You are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

He's only saying that because he thinks we pay the refs off or something like that. He's just mad Caldwell hasnt had any luck at Yoe field in a while. Lucky we play in Caldwell which the Caldwell/Cameron game will be a great one as will the Cameron/Navasota game. Right now tho Mullins is looking at Rudder because Coach NEVER underestimates a team. The game last night vs. Madisonville was a good game for us. Not very many penalties so the refs let em play and it was a great performance by Cameron's offense as well as Defense. 1st string O and D only played really 3 quarters and really looked good in the first half. Whaley is a great RB and The Horns will benefit greatly by gettin him next year. He didnt do very much EXCEPT score on a long run for their lone touchdown of the game. He ran about a 25 yarder to the Yoe 15 and We managed to stop em on 4th and 10. He's a big guy and our D really stepped up last night to hold him in check when needed. Good job Whaley as well as M'Ville. Excellent job Yoe

ProudHornetMom
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Wish we had the luck to play a flat Rattler team last week!;)

One of the most frustrating things for me was watching the lienmen walk sloooooowly to the line of scrimmage, walk slooooowly to the side line....no rallying from the team on the sideline. I'm old school. You never let the opponent think you are tired or think you are disinterested. It becomes motivation to the other team when they look up across the line and see a lineman mosey up with shirttail out, sloppy and sluggish. That was not the Rattlers I saw last week. Now, I write that knowing that they moseyed 400 yds...but what if they had been their sharpest and most focused? Navasota has all the talent in the world on both sides of the line!

navscanmaster
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

A reminder kids, don't do drugs.

bigYoe
10-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

Sad little man

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
A reminder kids, don't do drugs.
:thumbsup:

ctownlegend
10-18-2008, 01:59 PM

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

:rolleyes: nunya you never cease to amaze me. I'm about as big a yoe fan as anyone, but your prediction? come on now...lol. It was good for a little chuckle though.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Wish we had the luck to play a flat Rattler team last week!;)

One of the most frustrating things for me was watching the lienmen walk sloooooowly to the line of scrimmage, walk slooooowly to the side line....no rallying from the team on the sideline. I'm old school. You never let the opponent think you are tired or think you are disinterested. It becomes motivation to the other team when they look up across the line and see a lineman mosey up with shirttail out, sloppy and sluggish. That was not the Rattlers I saw last week. Now, I write that knowing that they moseyed 400 yds...but what if they had been their sharpest and most focused? Navasota has all the talent in the world on both sides of the line!

Mom, once again, I agree. Navasota was not motivated and just going through the motions. Im beginning to think that they are playing at the level of their competition. Hopefully, the offense will look better against the Ducks next Friday.

navscanmaster
10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Mom, once again, I agree. Navasota was not motivated and just going through the motions. Im beginning to think that they are playing at the level of their competition. Hopefully, the offense will look better against the Ducks next Friday.
They had better get things going, for sure. I think we would be served well going to a huddle offense sometimes. Mix it up a little to keep folks off guard. But most of all, play with some intensity. It takes a lot to get our guys fired up. You can almost forget them getting wild in the first half. They always seem to play their best defense late in the game.

Global Swarming
10-18-2008, 06:52 PM
I was telling my friends the same thing that HornetMom said. If that same Rattler team that showed up last night against Rockdale would've showed up last Friday night against us, we would have won by 3 touchdowns. The passing was way off and the receivers and quarterback looked like they have never practiced together. But Navasota did just enough to get by. Neither team threw the ball very well and missed some opportunities last night.

navscanmaster
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Cameron 56
Navasota 6

Baby Emily says:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/51/l_dc437f4627d44df8bbdd9bb93454c7a7.jpg