PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 35 Chapel Hill 6 FINAL

Buckeye1980
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Gilmer 35 Chapel Hill 6 FINAL

Buckeye80
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Come my children! Listen to me in the ways of football prognostication! I said it wouldn't be close. I said Gilmer was head and shoulders above any of Chapel Hill's previous opponents. Follow me children! Follow me to Freedom!!!

easttexas3a
10-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Was a well played game by the Buckeyes. Besides the one run where it look like we had Tucker down and then he scampered for the TD, we kept Tucker pretty well bottled up. I bet he had 150-160 yards but that was prolly of 35 carries. Chapel Hill in my opinion looked better when their back up QB was in. Gilmer is getting better and better every week, and I am very impressed with them so far. If they will keep getting better they will have a chance to be a very special football team.

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought UNC was better than losing to a high school team?

Buckeye80
10-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Was a well played game by the Buckeyes. Besides the one run where it look like we had Tucker down and then he scampered for the TD, we kept Tucker pretty well bottled up. I bet he had 150-160 yards but that was prolly of 35 carries. Chapel Hill in my opinion looked better when their back up QB was in. Gilmer is getting better and better every week, and I am very impressed with them so far. If they will keep getting better they will have a chance to be a very special football team.

The playoffs look very daunting based on the road we will most likely have to take. If Rusk beats Jasper, then we will likely play the Rusk Eagles in the first round. After what should be a relatively easy win against them, we will probably be staring at LaVega in the second round with the winner getting the "privilege" of playing WOS the following week. Some good teams are gonna be going home early in Reg III this year!

easttexas3a
10-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Buckeye80 I share your concerns, but we all know that if you want to win state, you have to beat the best teams, there just isn't much gettign around it. I like Gilmer's chances a lot better this year in big games, because we have seen them play big games, they won't have to wait for the first playoff game like they did last year. I think Gilmer will get the loser of the Carthage Diboll game, Jasper will make it in and be the D1 rep. neither Carthage or Diboll will be easy, in fact Carthage and Diboll are probably going to be better then chapel hill.