PDA

View Full Version : Bellville - Giddings Update

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 08:51 PM
13-7 Bellville at the half

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 08:59 PM
After Bellville scored their first touchdown, Giddings came right back and scored on the very next play. Bellville scored with about 3 min to go in the half to make it 13-7

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 09:49 PM
20-7 Bellville was the last update about 30 minutes ago. Looks like the Bulls are going to stay undefeated.

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Just as I say that update comes in 3 fumbles in the 4th for the Bulls looks like the Buffs have a shot.

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
20-14 Bellville Giddings has the ball on the Bellville 15 with a little over a minute to go.

ASURugger
10-17-2008, 09:56 PM
4th down attempt no good. Bellville wins another!

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 09:57 PM
way to go Bellville :clap:

Brahma84
10-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Bellville's defense stepped up BIG late in the 4th quarter. Bellville fumbled on the Giddings 14 and the defense stopped then on 4th down. The next series Bellville fumbles again on the Giddings 17 and the defense again stopped Giddings on 4th down. Bellville then ran out the clock for the 20-14 win. Great game defense!!

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Bellville defense is the best that giddings has played to date, NO QUESTION. Our boys played well, we shot ourselves in the foot in a few key moments, but that happens sometimes when you play a defense this good. Bellville was as good as advertised defensively, and Nunn is a very strong runner like we expected. W/O him, the brahma offense wouldn't be too hard to stop. But he is there, and when you commit to him they have a couple of scatty backs that can get you a little.

It was a fun game to watch, even from the losing side. Both teams brought the hats and got after it. It will be tough to imagine anyone beating bellville now, but we do have a tough district, so you never know.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Bellville defense is the best that giddings has played to date, NO QUESTION. Bellville was as good as advertised
Including Liberty Hill?

buff4ever
10-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Including Liberty Hill?

Did I say NO QUESTION, yes I did. The way you guys played tonite I would stand by that. Now your offense can't touch theirs.

Great game, and nice seeing you guys.

Brahma84
10-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville's defense stepped up BIG late in the 4th quarter. Bellville fumbled on the Giddings 14 and the defense stopped then on 4th down. The next series Bellville fumbles again on the Giddings 17 and the defense again stopped Giddings on 4th down. Bellville then ran out the clock for the 20-14 win. Great game defense!!

Sorry, the first fumble was not @ the Giddings 14, the Defense stopped Giddings on 4th down inside the 20, but the fumble was on the other end of the field. It's late. The last fumble came on an exchange, when all we needed was a first down to run out the clock.

zebrablue2
10-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84

it is our hack-bar defensive moves that confuse the other team. it is just too quick and explosive.

1st and goal
10-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Congrats Brahmas,
Sure wish I could have been there. How were the cookies?

Sounds like another time management cost Giddings a chance. Against Sealy, they missed an opportunity just before the half. They were able to score at the end of the game when time ran out. Coach sticks to the run even when the clock is running out. Worked out against Sealy, but not against Bellville. Sure wish we passed a few more times per game.

PS. I didn't vote or make predictions cuz I hate the flavor of crow. Maybe if I cooked it up with a big pot of crawdads....

Reds fan
10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
One heck of a game! I still am trying to figure out how Giddings could fumble 8 times and Bellville could only come up with 1 of those:mad:

Bellville turned the ball over 4 times and still hung on for the hard fought win, Bellville defense was outstanding in the clutch!!!

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Subway was actually a no show, we will stick with DQ when it comes to the game of the week. Boo Jared! :foul:

BOCEPHUS
10-18-2008, 05:07 PM
HOW WUZ THA FIGHT AFTER THE GAME, PEOPLE DUN SAID THAT GIDDENS WAS CLASSLESS(WHAT THA SEALY FOLKS SAID). FIGURE IF THEY STARTED A FIGHT AFTER A WIN, FUR SURE THEY STARTED ONE AFTER A TOUGH LOSS

BrahmaMom
10-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to the Brahmas--what a game!! I continue to praise the defense. And Joe Tallerine--wow, he's a player! Hated to see those interceptions, ugh! The Brahmas left it all on the field and won a hard-fought victory. Best of luck to the Buffs for the remainder of the season.

zebrablue2
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
HOW WUZ THA FIGHT AFTER THE GAME, PEOPLE DUN SAID THAT GIDDENS WAS CLASSLESS(WHAT THA SEALY FOLKS SAID). FIGURE IF THEY STARTED A FIGHT AFTER A WIN, FUR SURE THEY STARTED ONE AFTER A TOUGH LOSS

do not know what town U are from, but are getting a little old.. may want to change your all tatic a little. shift gears little fella...LOL.... your hillbilly ain't very good..:D

3afan
10-18-2008, 07:38 PM
yeah that schtick is old ...

Buffgal
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Both teams played hard and both knew that they had been in a first class football game when the night was over.

Nunn was still the hard running, right over you kind of guy we saw last year, just as strong. Quick snap of the offense kept Buffs defense off balance some but overall, I thought the Buffs defense performed better than in other games even though they didn't stop Nunn. We haven't played any defense so far that would successfully stop him IMO. Giddings offense just couldn't sustain any kind of a drive without a penalty, a fumbled snap, etc. Buffs field position was terrible all night and Buffs also had trouble with the footing, saw Plumlee and Rimes both sliding and falling.

Other than Nunn, Bulls offense was as shaky as Giddings. Bellville's interceptions/fumbles gave the Buffs plenty of momentum but Bellville's D shined the whole night. Buffs had the opportunity twice to at least tie the game but Bellville's defense still had the gas to stop the run/after run/after run play calling Maybe we should have tried a pass but the LB stunts only gave our QB a split second. I'm no coach and don't know the answer to that one. At that point, we needed something special, like a rabbit from a hat kinda play and it sure didn't happen, from the players or the sidelines. I knew we were going to run it so it Wasn't too hard for Bellville D to figure it out .

Buffs showed their toughness. Very impressed by our young team with so many of them playing both ways. I've seen em win, seen em lose, but I've never seen 'em quit. :clap:

Bellville will roll through the rest of their opponents and if the offense starts clicking like their defense....then they will go very far this year. Best Defense Giddings has played so far this season, bar none.

With La Grange loss to Smithville, Buffs better be ready for some mad/fired up Leopards at home on Friday.

Brahma84
10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
The first Giddings QB left the game early and never returned. Hope that he was not seriously injured and can play next week. In this district it looks like all the games are going to be tough.

Sorry, I didn't see this on another tread.

Buffgal
10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Actually, he did return but not on offense.

He played LB pretty much the whole game even after his injury.

His hand didn't look too good Friday night or even Saturday but looks better today. he's playing golf so I think he's good to go.

He's a Tough kid, & he has youth on his side. Plus he inherited a really hard head from his mom.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

Bellville's interceptions/fumbles gave the Buffs plenty of momentum but Bellville's D shined the whole night.

Bellville will roll through the rest of their opponents and if the offense starts clicking like their defense....then they will go very far this year. Best Defense Giddings has played so far this season, bar none.

Our D, looks to be one of the best in R4, Hope the O, starts to click.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Our D, looks to be one of the best in R4, Hope the O, starts to click.

Defense needs to eliminate those 1 or 2 big plays that they have been recently giving up. The offense has the talent to gel, but a lot depends on the offensive line and a more consistant QB play, especially in the passing game. I noticed Bellville ran a QB keeper around the end that was very effective. I know Bellville doesn't usually run their QB, but Mueller is an outstanding runner. Might want to play more to his strengths.

BOCEPHUS
10-20-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
do not know what town U are from, but are getting a little old.. may want to change your all tatic a little. shift gears little fella...LOL.... your hillbilly ain't very good..:D

I AM SESNSITIVE--BE CARREFUL, PLUS U BE SENDING ME INTO COUNSELING AGAIN, BUT IF U'S DON'T UNDERSTAND, RE-REEDS THE SIGNATURE, AND IF U ONE OF THEM HEAVY'S(chunkybutts) MAYBE U NEEDS 2X6 OR EVEN 4X4. I BE FROM THE LAND OF THE GREEN CUBS(we not so good this year)........BUT GOTZ KIN IN LA GRANGE, GIDDENS AND BELLVILE............., SOME OF'EM EVEN STILL SPEAK TO ME.WHEN THEY NEEDZ SOMETHEN, AM IN MY 60'S, IS KIND OLD. OLE TRUCK KINDA STUCK IN SECOND GEAR, NEEDZ TO GO TO SHOP I GUESS.

PLUS IT SAY FORUM SO I TALK LIKE I WANTS TO, MAKES MORE SENSE THAN 1/2 FOLKS ON HERE................................

ASURugger
10-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Amen, cephus!

ronwx5x
10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
I AM SESNSITIVE--BE CARREFUL, PLUS U BE SENDING ME INTO COUNSELING AGAIN, BUT IF U'S DON'T UNDERSTAND, RE-REEDS THE SIGNATURE, AND IF U ONE OF THEM HEAVY'S(chunkybutts) MAYBE U NEEDS 2X6 OR EVEN 4X4. I BE FROM THE LAND OF THE GREEN CUBS(we not so good this year)........BUT GOTZ KIN IN LA GRANGE, GIDDENS AND BELLVILE............., SOME OF'EM EVEN STILL SPEAK TO ME.WHEN THEY NEEDZ SOMETHEN, AM IN MY 60'S, IS KIND OLD. OLE TRUCK KINDA STUCK IN SECOND GEAR, NEEDZ TO GO TO SHOP I GUESS.

PLUS IT SAY FORUM SO I TALK LIKE I WANTS TO, MAKES MORE SENSE THAN 1/2 FOLKS ON HERE................................

Not sensitive, just stupid. Go away to counseling or whatever it takes to get some sense. Afterwards, perhaps you could go to school to learn the basics of our language.

Buffgal
10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Not real crazy about Bocephus & his choice of language but somehow I find it easier than my kid's text messaging..

trg
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas on a hard fought game. WOW!!! Way to go defense. Ya'll were on awesome!!! Good luck vs. Columbus. Keep it rollin'.

zaley
10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I was very nervous going into this game. Giddings have always had an awesome team. They really brought the game. The Brahmas D really saved this game for the Brahmas. Way to go D! Good luck to the Buffs on the rest of their season.

MJMbrahmas10
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
this is supposed to be about bellville and giddings football. lets keep it that way. bellville/giddings football is alot more interesting. congrats to the bulls and their defense. lets keep rollin boys.