Ditto!

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Way to go!! :clap:

STANG RED
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
alot closer than i expected.

Yeah but Snyder has kindof had Wylie's number, so this was a good win for Wylie to get that monkey off their backs. I bet they'll take it.

ccmom
10-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yeah but Snyder has kindof had Wylie's number, so this was a good win for Wylie to get that monkey off their backs. I bet they'll take it.

You got that right! 2 - 0 in this distict...take it any way we can get it!

blowfish
10-17-2008, 10:21 PM
WOW, you talk about hair on your chinny chin chin. We came out very very flat. Even the crowd was flat. Snyder has some outstanding speed. Missed extra points and a missed field goal almost killed us. I thought Snyder's defense was alot better than I thought it would be.

I think it will be a good game between Synder and Brownwood. These two teams may just blow up the scoreboard with the speed on both sides of the ball.

ccmom
10-17-2008, 10:22 PM

Congrats to the Mustangs, as well! I didn't give Steers enough credit either.

michaelp23
10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
The Snyder folks should be about half way home by now. But get ready, in another 45 minutes or so we'll here a lot of talk about refs, bad calls, etc. **EDITED** He had his hands in the refs face pointing and jesturing. That explains a lot about the way their kids play. The kids see their coach acting that way and mirror it. A lot of trash talk, short tempers, etc. from the players tonight. I'm noty saying some Wylie kids didn't give it back. I'm just saying we've had no problems with sportsmanship with any other teams we've played this year. Snyder has been that way for the last at least 5 years that I can remember.

Okay Snyder let me have it. Call me names, tell me to win gracefully. But this goes beyond winning or losing. When you play Snyder, you know it's going to be a trash talking, dirty game. The way you put trouble maker fans on the visitor side in Snyder to pick fights, the way the entire stadium had to wait for you to finally run out on the field tonight at the start of each half..... Come on, give me a break.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
The Snyder folks should be about half way home by now. But get ready, in another 45 minutes or so we'll here a lot of talk about refs, bad calls, etc. **EDITED** He had his hands in the refs face pointing and jesturing. That explains a lot about the way their kids play. The kids see their coach acting that way and mirror it. A lot of trash talk, short tempers, etc. from the players tonight. I'm noty saying some Wylie kids didn't give it back. I'm just saying we've had no problems with sportsmanship with any other teams we've played this year. Snyder has been that way for the last at least 5 years that I can remember.

Okay Snyder let me have it. Call me names, tell me to win gracefully. But this goes beyond winning or losing. When you play Snyder, you know it's going to be a trash talking, dirty game. The way you put trouble maker fans on the visitor side in Snyder to pick fights, the way the entire stadium had to wait for you to finally run out on the field tonight at the start of each half..... Come on, give me a break.

Well I wasn't at the game tonight, but I do know the coach. Like every other highschool coach who is worth a hoot he is passionate about football. And so are real football fans from every school. I've only been watchin the Tigers since 2003, and have failed to see a dirty game yet. I think Wylie is a great team year in and year out, and this year it went there way. Maybe next year it won't, but I think your going a little overboard. Congrats to Wylie and good luck to them for the rest of the season. Tonights games prove how tuff this district really is. With competition this good, passion just happens. I apologize to you on behalf of whoever hurt your feelings tonight. Good luck next week.

garciap77
10-17-2008, 10:49 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/jinx.jpg

Broken!

Snyder defense was awesome! They are fast and swarm the ball. I believe they are the best defense I have seen Wylie play this year. They came to play and the game went to the end. Hat’s off to Snyder. Nice M&G with DaHop and Snyder_baseball. Blowfish where were you? I saw you walking all over the place, but you never made it to hte M&G. I thought you might have not want your picture take!:D

nobogey72
10-17-2008, 10:51 PM
alot closer than i expected.

I really had a bad feeling about this game all week. As much as the Wylie coaches tried to downplay last weeks game vs. Brownwood you could just tell that tonight didn't have the same feeling as last week. The intensity, the crowd, the whole feel was just flat. It's hard to get that level of intensity two weeks in a row. I also have to say that there were some blown calls by the officials, and honestly would have to say that most of them went in Wylie's favor. I do get tired of watching Snyder's HC almost every time I've seen them play, having to throw a fit at some point in the game. And I know that our's is capable of the same thing, but I have never seen him point a finger in the white hat's face after a game like I did CR tonight. On the other hand
that just
showshowmuch intensity he has and why his teams play so hard. Snyder's defense is nasty and all 11 can run and great open field tacklers. Hat's off to BM. If there was a smiley of a little dude wiping sweat off his forehead and saying "Whew!", that's the one I'd put up here.

WTF-82
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

Bud you need to ask for some film I like and respect "Wylie but the Bulldogs have always been cocky nasty swing in the piles I have got 3 game films right here in my house with Wylie vs Ballinger when Posey played for Ballinger that was one of the most dissapointed moments for me on Wylie I got another on Sweetwater and Wylie trust me wylie good rep is because of such a good classy Coach. But they have been just as bad.

Mcguirk
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Snyder is Wylie's kryptonite. Bulldogs got an ugly win, but a win none the less. Just a couple of questions for Snyder folks:

1) Why on the final drive did they run the QB on 4th and 2? I think # 10 might have been hurt, but he was ripping off 8-10 yards every play. Wylie stopped what I thought might be the game winning drive.

2) What was the Snyder coach jacking his jaws at the refs for after the game? There were enough missed calls on both sides, no need to think the refs were against Snyder.

I thought the refs actually did a good job of getting a handle on a very emotionally charged game without squashing the fire. You should have seen the look on the back judges face when Jennings and the kicker had words and Jennings pushed the kicker down (for a personal foul). And I've never seen a kid get in a refs face and mouth off like one of your kids did without getting ejected on the next kickoff. I'm not calling anyone on Snyder out, emotions were big on both sides.

It was a tough hard fought game just like I expected Wylie/Snyder to be.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I remember the last time Wylie came to Snyder. After a close game the QB from Wylie was the first across the field to offer congrats. We were all very impressed with his sportsmanship. I have nothing bad to say about the dawgs or there coach. Matter of fact I had a great conversation with a wylie parent at a seventh grade vollyball game a few days ago. Several of my co-workers live in that area as well.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2008, 11:11 PM

No, your not going to come on here and bash Coach Rogers!
Thats just stupid, take the damn win and shutup!

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

Easy big boy! 325 You should have been here tonight. Your tigers came to play and almost pulled off another win on us. I did not see what happended after the game. I was just happy that we took the win. Good luck with the rest of your season.

:)

michaelp23
10-17-2008, 11:20 PM

Don't tell me to shut up.

I've seen it on multiple occasions, not just tonight. Everytime we play in Snyder we're just happy to get out of there without a brawl breaking out on the visitor's side.

I'm not the only one that's seen it. Plenty of people know its true.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Easy big boy! 325 You should have been here tonight. Your tigers came to play and almost pulled off another win on us. I did not see what happended after the game. I was just happy that we took the win. Good luck with the rest of your season.

:)

You believe in those Tigers now don't you lol, from what I heard it was a great game.

It was no offense to you Garcia or any other Wylie folks but whoever the hell that is don't need to be bashin' Coach Rogers.

TigerPride
10-17-2008, 11:23 PM
4th and 2

great game TIGERS. hats off to all the coaches.

GO TIGERS!!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Don't tell me to shut up.

I've seen it on multiple occasions, not just tonight. Everytime we play in Snyder we're just happy to get out of there without a brawl breaking out on the visitor's side.

I'm not the only one that's seen it. Plenty of people know its true.

I just did!

Like I said take the win and go on, don't be bashing Coach Rogers or trying to say our players are disrespectful on the field...I know how our coachs are about that so don't start that crap.

Man people like you just piss me off and ruin my night.

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
In Wylie's defense it is hard to get up after a big win the week before. (kinda like the horns having to play Mizzou this week)

That is a good win for Wylie, And don't get all rowled up 325, I believe the man is just stating the facts of what he saw. I doubt he is a complete liar and just making this stuff up.

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
You believe in those Tigers now don't you lol, from what I heard it was a great game.

It was no offense to you Garcia or any other Wylie folks but whoever the hell that is don't need to be bashin' Coach Rogers.

Like I told you from the start, I was not sure we could beat you, because of the Snyder Jinx. This was the game in our district I was more worried about. Not to say the other ones will not be tough. Again Hats off to Snyder, you guys were fired-up tonight!

TigerPride
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
In Wylie's defense it is hard to get up after a big win the week before.

blah blah blah........give credit where credit is due

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Sounds like Snyder played a great game and wylie came out a little flat.

The one positive Wylie takes is that they can beat teams when they are not at their best. I didn't say Snyder was not good, I'm just saying that for Wylie its good to grind out a victory when you not at your best. Good win for Wylie.

DOS EQUIS
10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Sounds there was another great game tonight. I saw Wylie play Brownwood last week. Very impressive. Snyder always has a great team. I'm a little nervous about the Sweetwater/Snyder game.

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:40 PM
One thing that kept our defense in check, was the hurry-up Offense. We were not able to sub like we normally do. As far as bad calls, they happen. I agree with Bogey that the calls went mostly our way. From my view it seemed that Snyder kids were more fired-up, so they looked more aggressive.

WTF-82
10-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Sounds like Snyder played a great game and wylie came out a little flat.

The one positive Wylie takes is that they can beat teams when they are not at their best. I didn't say Snyder was not good, I'm just saying that for Wylie its good to grind out a victory when you not at your best. Good win for Wylie.

I think Snyder just put it on them. Right now Wylie was just better I think Wylie tough non district wars helped but trust me they as in Wylie were ready to play specially a big home game district game tough district games all season naahhh I think Snyder just hit them right in the mouth great job Tigers. I just talked to a Coach that was there scouting said this game could of gone the other way if not for some things that happened. Wylie had to be hungry for dist win over the Tigers so no such thing as came out flat bull.

TigerPride
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
As far as bad calls, they happen. I agree with Bogey that the calls went mostly our way.

hometown refs

Ranger Mom
10-17-2008, 11:46 PM
This thread is extremely close to being pulled OFF the board!!

DO NOT bash the coach again...I already have enough editing to do as it is!!

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
hometown refs

:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

All the refs were from Snyder, that is way your coach was mad!

:D

;)

ccmom
10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
From my view it seem that Snyder kids were more fired-up, so they looked more aggressive.

I agree. The atmosphere as a whole was flat...from the players to the fans. I had to leave at the half, and even on the radio you could feel that the Snyder side was more intense. I sure hope we can get fired up for next week. It doesn't matter a bit who "should" win a game. We need to be ready to light it up every week because you never know what can happen in this district.

DU_stud04
10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
hometown refs

GO TIGERS!!!(the best 5-2 team in the state) isnt wylie 5-2? didnt they just beat yall? atleast say snyder, second best 5-2 team in the state...... :evil:

ccmom
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey Garcia! I am pretty sure I saw you there tonight. I had to leave with my little one before the M & G but I am pretty sure I spotted you before the game. I was going to introduce myself but I am sure you can tell from my posts how shy I am. :D

Who-dun-it!!?
10-17-2008, 11:53 PM
isnt wylie 5-2? didnt they just beat yall? atleast say snyder, second best 5-2 team in the state...... :evil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WTF-82
10-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Trust me if Sweetwater does not play a great game they will lose
to Snyder I will guarantee you Snyder will come to play.
Sweetwater has talent but late in the year I dont think they are playing the way they should at the level they need to play to win big games in this Dist. Lets see what happens next week.

DU_stud04
10-17-2008, 11:58 PM
if sweetwater keeps their heads on straight and hold on to the football, this might be a very exciting game. snyder wont let you win when you give them the ball 5 extra times..... im saying both teams come out to play, another photo finish result, ill be homer and say sweetwater wins by 1

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hey Garcia! I am pretty sure I saw you there tonight. I had to leave with my little one before the M & G but I am pretty sure I spotted you before the game. I was going to introduce myself but I am sure you can tell from my posts how shy I am. :D

To bad! We had a small M&G. Nobogey did not show, he was so nervous, he spent the half time break throwing up!

;)

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Trust me if Sweetwater does not play a great game they will lose
to Snyder I will guarantee you Snyder will come to play.
Sweetwater has talent but late in the year I dont think they are playing the way they should at the level they need to play to win big games in this Dist. Lets see what happens next week.

The last few times I've seen Sweetwater play, including us the past 2 years, and Clyde last year, and then the highlights of their game against Graham tonight, they don't have any trouble moving the football, but just flat turn it over too much. I still predict that Sweetwater will beat at least 1 of the 3=== Brownwood, Wylie, or Snyder. If they could just have a turnover free game, I think they have the speed and athletic ability to beat anyone. I think they lost 5 fumbles tonight against Graham. They are scary.:eek:

headhunter
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
5 turnovers for Wylie? Wow they are lucky to pull this win out. How many turnovers do you need Snyder? lol I guess 6 would have put yall on the winning end.

DOS EQUIS
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Last two Sweetwater games sucked bad!!! Sweetwater is always ready for Snyder. Two great towns, two great teams. Too bad Snyder has to lose...... :p

ccmom
10-18-2008, 12:02 AM
To bad! We had a small M&G. Nobogey did not show, he was so nervous, he spent the half time break throwing up!

;)

LOL!! No nachos for nobogey! I was feeling the same way...hurried my son to the car so we could get home so I could pace and yell at the radio.

I will try to grace you with my presence next time! :cool:

garciap77
10-18-2008, 12:03 AM
if sweetwater keeps their heads on straight and hold on to the football, this might be a very exciting game. snyder wont let you win when you give them the ball 5 extra times..... im saying both teams come out to play, another photo finish result, ill be homer and say sweetwater wins by 1

What happened, Hollywood? You did not show to the game!

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 12:04 AM

;)

Nope, couldn't make it tonight. Got a call from my wife to come get her out of jail. She was throwing rocks at passing cars again down at Mr. Burger. Got back before 3rd qtr. started though.:inlove:

garciap77
10-18-2008, 12:05 AM
5 turnovers for Wylie? Wow they are lucky to pull this win out. How many turnovers do you need Snyder? lol I guess 6 would have put yall on the winning end.

:confused:

DU_stud04
What happened, Hollywood? You did not show to the game!

:D been sick on the flu all week, had to do a quick trip to fort worth this morning, got in around 6 and just decided to stay home and listen to the games.

DaHop72
5 turnovers for Wylie? Wow they are lucky to pull this win out. How many turnovers do you need Snyder? lol I guess 6 would have put yall on the winning end. Maybe you need to read a little better, the five turnovers were in the Sweetwater-Graham game. Prior to the last play of the game, Snyder and Wylie each had one inteception in the first half. Good grief.

DaHop72
10-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Okay Snyder let me have it. Call me names, tell me to win gracefully. But this goes beyond winning or losing. When you play Snyder, you know it's going to be a trash talking, dirty game. The way you put trouble maker fans on the visitor side in Snyder to pick fights, the way the entire stadium had to wait for you to finally run out on the field tonight at the start of each half..... Come on, give me a break. You stay classy michaelp23.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ccmom
10-18-2008, 12:08 AM

You know you might have even seen me...do you remember a buxom blonde...about 5ft 10in...wearing skin tight jeans and a purple and gold halter top? I was right behind her in my sweats, eating nobogey's nachos!!;)

garciap77
been sick on the flu all week, had to do a quick trip to fort worth this morning, got in around 6 and just decided to stay home and listen to the games.

Hope you feel better for the SW vs Snyder game!

DaHop72
Originally posted by nobogey72
Nope, couldn't make it tonight. Got a call from my wife to come get her out of jail. She was throwing rocks at passing cars again down at Mr. Burger. Got back before 3rd qtr. started though.:inlove: I sure am glad I didn't take the Jonas Brothers tickets down to bribe tigerchick2013 to come to the meet and greet and meet you nobogey. I think you were just trying to make me look bad.

It was good to visit with the Wylie guys at the half as always.

DaHop72
10-18-2008, 12:09 AM
And before this gets to far gone.

Congratulations to the Wylie Bulldogs and coaching staff. You guys played a hard fought game and it was an enjoyable game to watch.:clap: :clap:

garciap77
10-18-2008, 12:12 AM
You know you might have even seen me...do you remember a buxom blonde...about 5ft 10in...wearing skin tight jeans and a purple and gold halter top? I was right behind her in my sweats, eating nobogey's nachos!!;)

Well most of the fans that were sitting next to me fit the description! So, it makes it hard to notice other people!

:p

;)

skins4life
10-18-2008, 12:12 AM

Okay Snyder let me have it. Call me names, tell me to win gracefully. But this goes beyond winning or losing. When you play Snyder, you know it's going to be a trash talking, dirty game. The way you put trouble maker fans on the visitor side in Snyder to pick fights, the way the entire stadium had to wait for you to finally run out on the field tonight at the start of each half..... Come on, give me a break. I didn't see any of the Snyder players taunting the Wylie side lines(# 10 & # 32 or whatever Gilmers # is) when they made a good play. Play that game in the Mustang Bowl with Refs from the Ft Worth chapter & the game's even closer than it was and probably goes the other way. They called it pretty crappy on both sides but from where I stood it looked like it went 75% for Wylie.

ccmom
10-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
They called it pretty crappy on both sides but from where I stood it looked like it went 75% for Wylie.

Unfortunately, I think that might be accurate. There were numerous questionable calls...a couple that went against us but a couple more than that went our way. I think we all hate to see that happen.

Good job, Tigers and good luck the rest of the season.:clap:

skins4life
10-18-2008, 12:21 AM
As Denzel says "Let the boys play"

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I felt like yelling my head off at our tackling sometimes during the game, our fundamentals were definitely lacking during this game (I felt like covering my eyes sometimes).

But we win and 2-0 is better than 1-1 anyway you look at it (unless you read backwards).

injuredinmelee
10-18-2008, 12:56 AM
was very impressed with the snyder fan ( gneric looking 10 jersey on, short scrawny) after the game that came running to yell at the referees by the concession stand this exact quote, " They got 100 kids over there and they still have to pay you to cheat so thy can win!"
I just clapped and encouraged him to stay classy and have a safe trip home.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
was very impressed with the snyder fan ( gneric looking 10 jersey on, short scrawny) after the game that came running to yell at the referees by the concession stand this exact quote, " They got 100 kids over there and they still have to pay you to cheat so thy can win!"

I thought you were going to the Cisco/Clyde game!

injuredinmelee
10-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought you were going to the Cisco/Clyde game!

I wouldnt taint the bottom of my flip flops with Clyde soil.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
I wouldnt taint the bottom of my flip flops with Clyde soil.

I guess I was thinking of someone else.....I guess you aren't happy that Clyde pulled the upset then??

snytown2
10-18-2008, 01:36 AM
you've got to be kidding me, we got many bad calls during the later part of the game. on a 4 and long we get it and they call holding, on a reciever at that? and then after a punt we get a personal foul for jumping on the guy that fumbled the ball?? they did the same stuff to us but its fine. it was a good game and fun to watch. i wish snyder could have pulled this one out. We will be ready for sweetwater

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 01:51 AM
One thing that kept our defense in check, was the hurry-up Offense. We were not able to sub like we normally do. As far as bad calls, they happen. I agree with Bogey that the calls went mostly our way. From my view it seemed that Snyder kids were more fired-up, so they looked more aggressive.

Yea everyone said the refs were kind of crappy and didn't make a lot of calls but we had several chances to win the game, just didn't take advantage of them.

One pretty big mistake was when #12 for Snyder back petaled into the endzone to catch the ball and tried to run it and was stopped at the 4 yd line.

Should have took a knee or let it bounce for a TB

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 01:53 AM

He's a good guy if it was #10, KT's dad.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Well most of the fans that were sitting next to me fit the description! So, it makes it hard to notice other people!

:p

;)

Those Wylie girls!:D

I would have been on the home side tonight!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 01:59 AM

Even the Wylie posters think your posting straight garbage.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 02:09 AM
If I would have bashed Coach Sandifer like a few of the posters did Coach Rogers I would have been an "ejected player"

For one Snyder coaches read this board, and i'm sure they like to get home and see what some of you were saying.

I have a lot of respect for Wylie, and still do but some of you are just sad.:(

ImPrEsSiVeArEu
10-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Congrats to Wylie on the tough win.

I've read some post on here that weren't appropriate:(

Sounds like Snyder and Wylie both played hard fought games, hats off to them Tigers, they impressed a lot of people tonight after giving a top ranked team like Wylie the fits they did tonight.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by snytown2
you've got to be kidding me, we got many bad calls during the later part of the game. on a 4 and long we get it and they call holding, on a reciever at that? and then after a punt we get a personal foul for jumping on the guy that fumbled the ball?? they did the same stuff to us but its fine. it was a good game and fun to watch. i wish snyder could have pulled this one out. We will be ready for sweetwater

If Sweetwater turns to ball over to us 5 or 6 times like they have been lately then we'll donkey stomp them twice!

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by snytown2

I agree. That was one the calls that went Wylie's way that I was talking about in an earlier post. I didn't see the holding call on the 4th down play that got called back (it was on the other side of the field), but the personal late hit call on the muffed punt was blown IMO. There wasn't a Wylie fan, player, or coach at that game that doesn't realize that we were fortunate to get out of there with a win.

blowfish
10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
I would be interested in knowing what chapter the refs were from. Thought overall they did a poor job. Not sure if i would agree with it being slanted one way or the other. The two biggest calls I saw were the personal foul on Synder on the punt. I think on film it will probably show that the Synder kid hit him with the top of his helment. My gut feeling is it was a speer.

On Synders next possesion that same back judge threw a flag 30 yards away for a play on the sidelin right at the feet of the side judge. He called late hit on us. It was an obvious make up call.

I think there biggest mistakes were the lack of some penalties, ie block in the backs and holding. We had several stupid calls against us because I think we were getting frustated. ie.. Jesse pushing down the kicker right in front of the ref.

Bottom line of this game was that Snyder came to play from the first whistle. They kept hitting us in the mouth and we kept getting up. I would like to say thank you on the play call on the huge fourth down. I think everyone on our side knew #28 would get the ball for the first. I dont think I have been so relieved to see the QB take it and get stopped. Up until that instant I was hanging my head becasue I thought we might lose another game at home becasue we cant make extra points. (liberty Hill)

Congrats to the Tigers. Once again they look good. I will still take them over Brownwood. I think thier speed will kill Bwoods defense.

ccmom
10-18-2008, 08:54 AM
If I would have bashed Coach Sandifer like a few of the posters did Coach Rogers I would have been an "ejected player"

For one Snyder coaches read this board, and i'm sure they like to get home and see what some of you were saying.

I have a lot of respect for Wylie, and still do but some of you are just sad.:( I agree that one poster in particular on this thread was way out of line, and I am glad you are not judging all Wylie fans based on his comments. I don't recall more than just that one individual making inappropriate statements about your coach but it was late when I read all this last night. Please know that there is mutual respect between Wylie and Snyder. The Tigers fought hard last night and I would think they will have much success the rest of the season.

Pick6
10-18-2008, 09:02 AM

I remember a few years ago Wylie had a DL that would purposely get a personal foul to try to intimadate the other team. He did it the entire year and Sandifer didn't so anything about it.

Mcguirk
10-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I remember a few years ago Wylie had a DL that would purposely get a personal foul to try to intimadate the other team. He did it the entire year and Sandifer didn't so anything about it.

Yes there was a player who did it, and even bragged so to the newspaper. But Coach Sandifer did do something about it. I don't remember the exact punishment, but I believe it involved about an hour of windsprints after several practices.

garciap77
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I guess I was thinking of someone else.....I guess you aren't happy that Clyde pulled the upset then??

I don't think it was an upset. Clyde has a very good team. I think by winning last night they made a statement that they are for real.:)

Ranger Mom
10-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't think it was an upset. Clyde has a very good team. I think by winning last night they made a statement that they are for real.:)

I figured when the #18 team takes out the #1 team by a score of 20 - 6...it's an upset!!

I was pulling for Clyde though!!

garciap77
10-18-2008, 10:08 AM

I thought you had a crush on RM?

;)

garciap77
10-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Pick6

I also remember teams that played us would provoke him into committing those fouls. Teams knew he had a bad temper and would retaliate. This was well known to teams we played. Teams would taunt him until he committed a foul. It's hard to keep in check when others keep provoking you on every play.

garciap77
10-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I figured when the #18 team takes out the #1 team by a score of 20 - 6...it's an upset!!

I was pulling for Clyde though!!

You are right! I did not realized that Clyde was ranked that low. I saw them play last year vs Sweetwater and was very impressed. Maybe that's way I did not feel it was an upset.;)

STANG RED
10-18-2008, 10:34 AM

325, I've seen you and I've seen those Wylie girls. Pinch pinch, slap slap, wake up 325, WAKE UP. It'll never happen son.:p

ivchris
10-18-2008, 10:52 AM
It wasn't a pretty game at all but a win is a win. Is it just me or does Jesse Jennings remind you of Carl from the movie Sling Blade? He wouldn't hurt a flea, but screw with him and he'll split your skull with a lawn mower blade.....lol.

Tiger Baseball
10-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
It wasn't a pretty game at all but a win is a win. Is it just me or does Jesse Jennings remind you of Carl from the movie Sling Blade? He wouldn't hurt a flea, but screw with him and he'll split your skull with a lawn mower blade.....lol.

So who screwed with him? :rolleyes:

garciap77
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
So who screwed with him? :rolleyes:

#30 I think!

;)

blowfish
10-18-2008, 12:38 PM
That player that used to get the personal fouls on purpose. Well he just happened to be an All State Lineman that year. He was a chip off his old man's block for sure. Garcia was right when he said that teams would purposely taunt/jack with him to get a flag. I think he was even thrown out of two games his Junior year if I remember right.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
You are right!

Well of course I am!!:D :kiss:

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 12:55 PM

True because you're on your last leg. If it's a person's first infraction it does not = ejection! I thought you read the rules the other day?

Tiger Baseball
10-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Definition of flat: :thinking: Flat tire maybe, flat as a pancake, or maybe horizontally level. Get real, give credit where it is do! Snyder came to play and played a good Wylie team. This win for them was no cake walk! Take away some of the bone head calls and the outcome could have been different. But guess what? Its done and in the past. Congrats on the win. But dont make excuses for squeeking one out against a good Snyder team.

And this BS about being an unclassy team, take a long look in the mirror at your selves before you go and make judgement on someone else. :thinking: I remember a couple of years ago a so called CLASSY WYLIE TEAM got their BUTTS handed to them in Snyder and after the game was over, Snyder went over to wylie's side line and held their hands high in respect during your shool song. Guess what Snyder recieved in return? A snubbed up nose, a turned back and a walk off the field with the head coach leading the pack. OK LOL my tostesteron level has gone down I'm finished for now.

OOPS! One more thing, now maybe Snyder will get a little respect after this hard fought game! That includes some of SNYDERS own fans. :wave:

Dang, I almost forgot, it was great meeting you guys at half time last night.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree that one poster in particular on this thread was way out of line, and I am glad you are not judging all Wylie fans based on his comments. I don't recall more than just that one individual making inappropriate statements about your coach but it was late when I read all this last night. Please know that there is mutual respect between Wylie and Snyder. The Tigers fought hard last night and I would think they will have much success the rest of the season.

Wylie's my 2nd home team as always and 99% of the people their are good and respectful, there are always the few that aren't.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
True because you're on your last leg. If it's a person's first infraction it does not = ejection! I thought you read the rules the other day?

Yea okay.

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Definition of flat: :thinking: Flat tire maybe, flat as a pancake, or maybe horizontally level. Get real, give credit where it is do! Snyder came to play and played a good Wylie team. This win for them was no cake walk! Take away some of the bone head calls and the outcome could have been different. But guess what? Its done and in the past. Congrats on the win. But dont make excuses for squeeking one out against a good Snyder team.

And this BS about being an unclassy team, take a long look in the mirror at your selves before you go and make judgement on someone else. :thinking: I remember a couple of years ago a so called CLASSY WYLIE TEAM got their BUTTS handed to them in Snyder and after the game was over, Snyder went over to wylie's side line and held their hands high in respect during your shool song. Guess what Snyder recieved in return? A snubbed up nose, a turned back and a walk off the field with the head coach leading the pack. OK LOL my tostesteron level has gone down I'm finished for now.

OOPS! One more thing, now maybe Snyder will get a little respect after this hard fought game! That includes some of SNYDERS own fans. :wave:

Dude, nobody is making excuses. How do you make an excuse when you win anyway? I said we were flat, as in not playing with the same intensity of the week before. IMO we played on our heels a little bit, and Snyder had a lot to do with that. Snyder came out jacked up and it took a while to match the intensity. When you've 18 yrs of games without missing one, you can definitely tell when there is something different. I'm not saying that if we hadn't been flat that we would have beat you by 30. I'm just saying there were guys standing around waiting for someone else to make a play for a good part of the 1st half. There is nothing in anything I think that takes anything away from Snyder and the game they played. And, it didn't take that game for Snyder to get my respect, they already had it. They always play hard and it was a huge win for us and as I said earlier, I think we were fortunate to come out on top.

PS--- Another definition of flat--"When your tires ain't got no air in them"--- which will describe your's next time you're here when I tell my wife all the stuff you said.:D

Tiger Baseball
10-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Dude, nobody is making excuses. How do you make an excuse when you win anyway? I said we were flat, as in not playing with the same intensity of the week before. IMO we played on our heels a little bit, and Snyder had a lot to do with that. Snyder came out jacked up and it took a while to match the intensity. When you've 18 yrs of games without missing one, you can definitely tell when there is something different. I'm not saying that if we hadn't been flat that we would have beat you by 30. I'm just saying there were guys standing around waiting for someone else to make a play for a good part of the 1st half. There is nothing in anything I think that takes anything away from Snyder and the game they played. And, it didn't take that game for Snyder to get my respect, they already had it. They always play hard and it was a huge win for us and as I said earlier, I think we were fortunate to come out on top.

PS--- Another definition of flat--"When your tires ain't got no air in them"--- which will describe your's next time you're here when I tell my wife all the stuff you said.:D

Come on I already used flat tire in the first definition. When did you tell her what I drive? :D

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Come on I already used flat tire in the first definition. When did you tell her what I drive? :D

Right before I let her outside this morning (I always let her out right after she eats). :dispntd:

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Right before I let her outside this morning (I always let her out right after she eats). :dispntd:
Is she even house trained yet?

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Is she even house trained yet?

Yeah, duh! It's just that when she goes inside, sometimes it wakes up the kids.:(

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, duh! It's just that when she goes inside, sometimes it wakes up the kids.:(
Does she bark or has the shock collar gotten her yet?:D

nobogey72
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Does she bark or has the shock collar gotten her yet?:D

She chews those collars off quick.:(

And whether she barks or not is getting just a little personal, don't you think?:thinking:

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2008, 11:26 PM

And whether she barks or not is getting just a little personal, don't you think?:thinking:
To a point sir...well-played sir, well-played:clap: :clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-19-2008, 01:14 AM

Oh boy, is your wife as deadly as you describe her?:thinking:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-19-2008, 01:17 AM

st entard wsad real quck

garciap77
10-19-2008, 08:49 AM

No excuses at all, we were lucky to get away with the win. Snyder came to play. Bad calls were made, but that’s part of the game. Yes, I believe most of the calls went our way, but again I have been to some of our games where they didn’t. Both teams played to the best of their abilities that night. At the end, our defense was able to come through with some big plays to ensure the win. Snyder, IMO is the best defense we have played this season. They were fast and aggressive. My hat’s off to Snyder.

garciap77
10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
WylieBulldog92 where were you? Missed you at the M&G.

popcorn screen
10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Snyder played em tough. Snyder vs Sweetwater for 3rd place in that district should be a super ballgame. Thats if B'wood actually fufills their destiny as number 2.

WylieBulldog92
10-19-2008, 12:08 PM
WylieBulldog92 where were you? Missed you at the M&G.
I'm sorry, I was talking to some of my friends about the upcoming basketball season (I still can't remember when it begins? I think after we win state?) and about the volleyball games (sounded more like a practice? ;))

Snyder_TigerFan
10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
This was a heck of a ball game. I agree with most who have said there were blown calls. Snyder has plenty of "should of", "could of" and "would of"'s after this game, but it is what it is. Now it's time to concentrate on Sweetwater. Snyder has improved every game and this game was no exception. That was the best I've seen them play this year, so credit goes out to the coaching staff.

Great game Wylie. You guys escaped this time!:D

garciap77
10-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
This was a heck of a ball game. I agree with most who have said there were blown calls. Snyder has plenty of "should of", "could of" and "would of"'s after this game, but it is what it is. Now it's time to concentrate on Sweetwater. Snyder has improved every game and this game was no exception. That was the best I've seen them play this year, so credit goes out to the coaching staff.

Great game Wylie. You guys escaped this time!:D

:iagree:
Escaped the Snyder
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/jinx.jpg